Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maff

Grudgefest Doom2 Ladder Tournament

Back in December 2001 through Feb 2002, I ran a Doom2 deathmatch tournament called Grudgefest. I have recently got back on the deathmatch scene. What I was wondering was whether anyone is interested in starting the tournament back up again. It got pretty lively before. If anyone is either interested in getting the tournament back up or seeing it come back to life get in touch with me.

url: http://battle.at/grudgefest

AIM: sayhi2bailey4me
yahoo: boythisworldisgetinme
msn: sayhitobailey4me@hotmail.com
email: t_healy@mail.plymouth.edu

No idea, man. Instead of participating in a tournament, I'd rather to join in Fnord's or GetSomeWhere's server for playing dual games whenever I wanna, no solid schedule stresses me out. Besides, since months ago around Feb, there's a lot of people have left the shadow of Doom deathmatching already. As far as I concern, Soviet has gone across line over to Day of Defeat already, Spinspyder comes back once or twice awhile, but rarely; however, I'm pretty sure Fodders is interested in it any time, right? :)

Yes, a lot of players have left the scene since February. Well, I haven't seen any KaK members (SpinSpyder, AxeKicker, ...), Soviet, and who knows who else. There are a lot of new players on the scene as well though.

Surprisingly, I have seen a lot of modem players. Which is a relief to myself who is still on a 56k modem.

I was asked where this tournament is held- whether or not it is on the zone. The answer is, yes, it could be on the zone (http://www.zone.com). But matches may also be played elsewhere. In general, players could choose to play using any medium available: zDoom, zDaemon, Legacy, the zone, modem-to-modem, or whatever.

Ralphis said:

I had the html sent to me and currently I'm redoing the site?

Ralphis, when do you plan to get it started back up? I had noticed about 3 months ago that your news page said the tournament was open, though I haven't seen any action since then. I had assumed that you had lost interest in it or something came up. You still want to get it going?

I was gone for 2 months (no internet) and the month before I had trouble getting mysql. But now that I DO have it all I intend to start working on it soon, but if you really want to, you can do it yourself and save me the trouble :)