Darkness 2

$7
Bioshock 2
Mafia 2
Spec Ops: The Line

$20
X-Com Enemy Unknown
Bioshock Infinite

Once again sorry if this comes off like an add, but its a bunch of FPS, OTS and so on. Discuss these games!

For me, I have Enemy Unknown on PSN and its an awesome game. I have Spec Ops on PSN as well, almost through it. I own all 3 Bioshocks, never played any of them.

Speculate on what other games they can add. Or condemn me for something that sounds like an ad and let this topic drop like a rock.

You can make your payment go all to charity, the Red Cross and Action Against Hunger. To buy it go here: https://www.humblebundle.com/

A really great deal, but I already have all these games. Only one I want is Spec Ops: The Line but I could probably get that game alone for the same price during some random sale on GMG or whatever. :/

Nomad said:

A really great deal, but I already have all these games. Only one I want is Spec Ops: The Line but I could probably get that game alone for the same price during some random sale on GMG or whatever. :/

I've followed the Steam Sales for Spec Ops. Its never been under $6.50 you can always buy the thing and give the extra games to friends.

Donated $10.

Now I need to find somewhere with unlimited wifi to download 6.2GB. //_-

geo said:

I've followed the Steam Sales for Spec Ops. Its never been under $6.50 you can always buy the thing and give the extra games to friends.

Green Man Gaming has had it for $5.09. You're right though, Humble Bundle is basically always a good cause and I could give the other games to friends. I'll probably throw a few bucks at it come next payday!

Nomad said:

Green Man Gaming has had it for $5.09. You're right though, Humble Bundle is basically always a good cause and I could give the other games to friends. I'll probably throw a few bucks at it come next payday!

I'm cheap and I always hold out for Humble bundles, but this past Steam sale I bought the Bioshock Trilogy from a Russian for what is probably $8. Sadly I gave in, but I'll live :-)

Already got most of those games. The Bureau? No thanks. Bio Shock 2? I didn't like any of the other bioshocks. The Darkness 2? Hmmm, has shitty console to PC port written all over it. Maybe it's better now.

Mafia 2 is surprisingly cool. Possibly the first game that swayed my mind towards "games as movies" as legitimate game design. Not an excellent game by any means, but if you're able to get yourself into the atmosphere it's an enjoyable ride. People have compared the storyline to a poor man's GTA 4, but I feel it's the other way around; instead of slapstick characters and a flurry of stereotypes and references, Mafia 2's plot is played straight, like a gangster movie. There's a demo out there, so play that to get a taste.

The Darkness 2 is definitely a console game. I haven't noticed any specific issues with the transition to PC, but it has many console-isms you'd expect: claustrophobic FOV, tiny linear levels, dumb enemies, no verticality whatsoever. All in all, despite being a "proper" FPS in that you can control your character, it feels like playing a railshooter.

Then there's some really annoying light game mechanic turning off your superpowers, so from one moment to the next as you move forward and run into a light source you lose your abilities, which coupled with the cramped nature of the environments emphasize camping even more.

I've completed the game in 3 hours according to Steam (and that's probably 2 hours and a half, it rounds up), not rushing through anything. Unacceptable IMHO. Again there's a demo available, best to just play that at most and call it quits.

Phml said:

I've completed the game in 3 hours according to Steam (and that's probably 2 hours and a half, it rounds up), not rushing through anything. Unacceptable IMHO. Again there's a demo available, best to just play that at most and call it quits.

I think it's more cooperative game, than single player game. There's many levels and characters in cooperative play.
According to steam I've played it for 12 hours, about 8-9 hours is in cooperative I think.

must resist temptation to commit impulsive vidya gaem buy.....

I hope I have the will power, because I'm trying really hard to not buy stuff I don't need right now.

Eh... I already own most of the games in the bundle, and I don't want the ones I don't have. I mean... I'm almost tempted to throw in just a little so I can get Bioshock 2 and complete my collection, but from everything I've heard, I'm really not missing anything by skipping Bioshock 2 anyway.