Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Drowning Mind

E3 M8 Music Revealed

For all the people that wonder if there are more covers than those from pantera (this love, rise, mouth for war), metallica (master of puppets), slayer (behind the crooked cross) and alice in chains (them bones) in doom.......
e3m8 = SOD - Sargent D. and the SOD...hell, they even copied the guitar sound in the beginning which is just a bridge between the intro and the song itself :)

E1 M4 - Pantera - Rise (Vulgar Display of Power)
E2 M1 - Metallica - Master of Puppets (same)
E2 M9 & E3 M1 - Pantera - Mouth for War (Vulgar...)
E3 M3 - Slayer - Behind the Crooked Cross (South of Heaven)
E3 M8 - SOD (Stormtroopers of Death) - Sargent D & the SOD (Speak English or Die)

DOOM2 map 23 - Alice in Chains - Them Bones (? Album)
and finally:
map 18 - Pantera - This Love (Vulgar...)

Uhh E2M1 = AC/DC - Big Gun

The full list:

At Doom's Gate (E1M1): Metallica - Master of Puppets / Slayer - Behind the Crooked Cross
Kithen Ace/Taking Names (E1M4): Pantera - Rise
I Sawed The Demons (E2M1): AC/DC - Big Gun
The Demons From Adrian's Pen (E2M2): Metallica - The Call of Cthulhu
Untitled (E3M1, E3M9): Pantera - Mouth For War
Deep Into The Code (E3M3, E4M3): Slayer - Behind the Crooked Cross
Facing The Spider (E3M8): Stormtroopers of Death - Sargent D
Between Levels (MAP04): John Travolta - Greased Lightning
Shawn's Got The Shotgun (MAP07, MAP19, MAP29): Slayer - South of Heaven
The Demon's Dead (MAP10, MAP16): Black Sabbath - After all (the dead)
Waiting For Romero To Play (MAP18, MAP27): Pantera - This Love
Bye Bye American Pie (MAP23): Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Adrian's Asleep (MAP25): Alice in Chains - Angry Chair

heh, there has already been a big discussion/flamewar about the e2m1 music.

Dude, you're confusing E2M1 with E1M1. E2M1 is AC/DC. E1M1 is Metallica (or Slayer).

...and E2M7 is actualy 'Wish' by NIN played backwards, run through distortion, remixed by Moby, changed into analog fromat, compressed, put into midi format, remixed by KMFDM, then unreversed.

the_Danarchist said:

...and E2M7 is actualy 'Wish' by NIN played backwards, run through distortion, remixed by Moby, changed into analog fromat, compressed, put into midi format, remixed by KMFDM, then unreversed.

REALLY??!?!

Dude! Just got through playing Map23 in Doom2-that's definitely Them Bones, by Alice in Chains.

'Asphyxiate' by Genitorturers has this guitar riff that sounds like its straight out of some Doom song, but I can't remember which one...I think just the sound of the guitar reminds me of the music from Bloodfalls or something. Damn, I havn't played the second half of Doom 2 in a while...I'm getting rusty.

doom 'songs' have no lyrics.

e2m1 is definitely not master of puppets. I am not a metallica fan and so I am not biased in the slightest, I grabbed the track and compared and saw very little similarity.

(Offspring's 'the kids aren't alright' isn't the buffy the vampire slayer theme either, or even that similar if you listen one after the other)

Another one : Bloodfalls (map25 DoomII i think) is 'Angry Chair' by Alice In Chains, no doubt about it. It's absolutely spot on.

Fredrik said:

Dude, you're confusing E2M1 with E1M1. E2M1 is AC/DC. E1M1 is Metallica (or Slayer).

Yes. E1M1 is most likely Slayer - Behind The crooked cross (at the end there is a 100% similar rif in the background. It comes closer to E1M1 than MOP)

I will check on this SOD one with romero, BTW. I see the resemblence in the start of the song, but...We'll see.

Erik said:

heh, there has already been a big discussion/flamewar about the e2m1 music.

Or 5 or 6.

Shaviro said:

Yes. E1M1 is most likely Slayer - Behind The crooked cross (at the end there is a 100% similar rif in the background. It comes closer to E1M1 than MOP)

I hope you're kidding and mean e3m3.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Who me? AH!

No, that would've been intended for the original posted, HAD YOU NOT POSTED HALF A SECOND BEFORE I DID.

all i know is that i'm using ultimate doom..maybe they moved some of the music to other levels...on the version I am using in e2 m1 it starts with a drum solo, going in a relatively fast riffing thats 100% similar to master of puppets..it is very very obvious.but i also listened to big gun now and i can see why there is a dispute after all...but the riffing is not the same, it goes down again in one place while the one in the game evolves upwards...well, i u should ever try master of puppets on guitar you will c thats it...its just way slower in the game than the song is.
behind the crooked cross is also in the game, like i said before, but i cant say for sure if they ripped out parts for more than one song....e1m1 is kinda catchy and reminds of slayer and metallica.....but its not taken from any song...