Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

The only doom video w/ over 1m views/viral video discussion

Phml said:

Damn you, I was thinking of exactly that.

I remember when that video came out. First time I was ever exposed to rick rolling.

joe-ilya said:

I'm pretty sure that's it.

No it's just a video showing the first few levels of doom. It was one of the first things that poped up if you typed in doom.

In a similar vein to Rickroller Doom, Vuvuzela Doom also went viral before it was eventually removed by the author IIRC. I'm sure it had around 1m views at least.

Snakes said:

In a similar vein to Rickroller Doom, Vuvuzela Doom also went viral before it was eventually removed by the author IIRC. I'm sure it had around 1m views at least.

Yeah, he was supposed to get a contract with Machinima but there were some corporate shennanigans

Snakes said:

Doom could get more popular if that video stayed, why was it removed anyways?

Hectic said:

stuff

Anything with PewDiePie really isn't worth watching. :P

Avoozl said:

Anything with PewDiePie really isn't worth watching. :P

Well, not entirely worthless...

But I have to admit his shit is pretty fuckin' mindless and it's gotten old by now.

I love the Simpsons, but objectively, there's probably a lot of overlap with their audience and the kind of people who like watching videos of people getting hit in the nuts or of boobs (just boobs); people who would find the idea of a Homer Simpson killing other Simpsons characters hilarious no matter how crudely executed. Hence 900k views.

Here's one I remember from the early days of Youtube:

Phml said:

I love the Simpsons, but objectively, there's probably a lot of overlap with their audience and the kind of people who like watching videos of people getting hit in the nuts or of boobs (just boobs); people who would find the idea of a Homer Simpson killing other Simpsons characters hilarious no matter how crudely executed. Hence 900k views.

Possibly another reason is that they like the idea as well knowing how The Simpsons hasn't been as great as it once was.

After browsing this thread, I can rest easy knowing that the future of Western Civilization is in good hands.

fabian said:

I really don't get why people should watch this, let alone play this. Is it for historic value? That mods looks aweful!

That mod was made in the 90's dude, it's pretty good for such a decade.

Ya I knew about that one too but the quality isn't nearly as good. The first one had amazing clarity for 2007. When that blue text-button "Watch In HQ" was finally implemented it seemed revolutionary at the time. Sigh, I really miss the old Youtube.

Guest Unregistered account

I'm not sure if he's got over a million views, but NiTROACTIVE (known on YouTube as Aquarius199) has a bunch of Doom wad playthroughs, complete with slow gameplay, spelling and grammar mistakes but a high entertainment factor.

joe-ilya said:

That mod was made in the 90's dude, it's pretty good for such a decade.

Really? The 90's? Because I'm pretty sure that mod's been in development recently. :/ Huh.
Maybe you're thinking of an older Simpsons mod that definitely was from the 90's. It was different and had worse quality.

But this version? It seems pretty good to me! I'm almost certain it's not old. Historic value? :/

Well, I'm probably wrong. I don't know my wads all that well.

The newer version of Simpsons Doom is what were seeing on YouTube, the 90s one did have worse sprites, but also had the advantage of no custom textures or music.

The music choices in the newer version are friggin atrocious. Why couldn't they have just made D_Runnin the Simpsons theme and call it a day? Oh well.