Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great short map. It somehow reminds me of Doom 3's Hell, which I find cool. Really, the aesthetics and atmosphere works very well.

Thank you for your comments, and for your FDA plums :) Actually, it's about a easy little map, that's why I don't try to create a complex gameplay.

I began to make a second map. It's likely that I realize an episode.

Be patient :)

I like this map.
The map is pretty good.
Waiting for the Second Map and I hope that the Second map will be in the same style like the this one

franckFRAG said:

Finally, I decided to post my second map (in complement with map01).

Once again, really nice style. Rather unique atmosphere. You prove that even small-scaled maps can work very well.

Very cool music and setting in the second map, nice gloomy subterranean Hell theme. Plays a bit better than the first one, too, although still child's play.

Note that the lavafall texture doesn't seem to animate like it should.

cute maps :). There's something charming about small-scale layouts that are well polished. Indeed the gameplay is somewhere between 'easy' and 'mindless', but the atmosphere holds these together. I'd be happy to see more of these, it seems rare nowadays to get bite-size maps that don't suffer from various speed-mapping afflictions.

Btw I completely love those blinking eyes-in-the-darkness textures, where have I seen that before, in an eternal wad maybe?

Well, I liked the map quite well, you put a nice detail to it and gameplay was enjoyable, too, but nevertheless, did you really need to archive this only friggin' file?

The little eyes behind the gutted marine corpse in map 01 were in one of later 1024 megaWADs, at least. Can't remember its name or who made it off the top of my head, but it had a Dream Theater midi.

Just popping in to say that I utterly love these maps and please make more. :D The only complaint I can think of is to make the exits a little more dangerous, but apart from that I love it.

These were great, bite-size and atmospheric maps. Loved them overall, though the start in the 2nd map took me a couple of tries to get through. Really good ideas throughout the 2 maps, please make more.

Well I'm glad you didn't zip the second release with the second map. Besides, I enjoyed playing that even better which isn't a negligible thing to mention. ;)

What really fun levels! Great atmosphere. Felt like a different world, almost like a partial conversion. Blood 0.5. Love the whole 'Eyes" theme. Simple special effects, but done with style.

-------
One minor visual glitch on MAP01:

http://i.imgur.com/Ce7Vw3U.png

-------
One note for MAP02: I shot both the eyes to open the secrets, but I must not have been standing in the right spot. I hit linedef tag 13, but not tag 12. Maybe make those two sectors a little wider.

-------
I'm not sure there's a megawad's worth of maps in this style without gradual changes and additions to keep it interesting, but I'd certainly like to see some more and find out. Well done!

Hey, many comments, it makes me happy :)

plums said:

Your lava doesn't animate because "LFALL" isn't an animated wall name. Rename the textures to DBRAINx instead (or another animated wall name) and they'll work fine.

Oh, I did'nt notice this error, it was strange because the lava fall is animated in map01. The problem was simply that I didn't choose the good texture. :)

Ribbiks said:

Btw I completely love those blinking eyes-in-the-darkness textures, where have I seen that before, in an eternal wad maybe?

Maybe in map21 of Deus Vult 2, i was inspired by these blinking red eyes, in a certain room.

joepallai said:

These were great, bite-size and atmospheric maps. Loved them overall, though the start in the 2nd map took me a couple of tries to get through. Really good ideas throughout the 2 maps, please make more.

The Revenant is very dangerous in this pillar, I hesitated to replace it by a Hell Knight, I really wanted to make an easy map, finally, I kept the revenant. I have a lot of ideas for the next maps ones, but it will be necessary to be even more patient :)

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

I'm not sure there's a megawad's worth of maps in this style without gradual changes and additions to keep it interesting, but I'd certainly like to see some more and find out. Well done!

I made these both maps first ones, as a megawad's beginning, I shall see good if I'm going to make an episode, or a whole megawad... These both maps were a little break with regard to another project, which is more challenging by the gameplay.