Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Wanted - YOUR playthroughs

So, as most of you are probably aware, I run Doom Wad Station - http://www.doomwadstation.net. So far, just this year, I and the other reviewers have posted a total of 36 reviews for Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 3 on the site - but they're missing something - YOU. I want to invite people to play through, post their videos, then contact me with the playthrough links so I can add them to the individual review pages. So, please, do so. :-)
I think it will add something to the reviews and I know that many of you enjoy doing playthroughs anyway. :-)

Do you accept demo lumps? I do a lot of FDAs for wads I've missed that have been out for a while I could send your way.

prboom has am ability to convert demos to a video format but I haven't had much luck getting it to work.

I have a ton of playthrough videos on my Youtube channel, so if you want to link/embed on your website, go right ahead. There's both BD and non-BD (which is becoming increased atm) for your watching pleasure.

40oz said:

Do you accept demo lumps? I do a lot of FDAs for wads I've missed that have been out for a while I could send your way.

prboom has am ability to convert demos to a video format but I haven't had much luck getting it to work.

Really looking for playthroughs that I can link to on the page - if you have a video on some site - just pm me the link and put a link to the map on dws in the description so I can find it. I don't care how old it is

Glaice said:

I have a ton of playthrough videos on my Youtube channel, so if you want to link/embed on your website, go right ahead. There's both BD and non-BD (which is becoming increased atm) for your watching pleasure.

Since it will be impossible for me to find the actual maps on my site, unless you've linked them there - if you want to direct me to some videos and tell me where the page is on my site - I would be happy to do that

Don't know if it fits here but i have a playthrough of the marine doom wad on yt.

I've been starting to do playthroughs of doom wads. They're on my youtube channel if you want them.

SlashBane said:

I've been starting to do playthroughs of doom wads. They're on my youtube channel if you want them.

Well, they would have to be wads that are on my site and I would need the links to them so I can find them on Doom Wad Station and add the youtube vid to the review

Brad_tilf said:

Well, they would have to be wads that are on my site and I would need the links to them so I can find them on Doom Wad Station and add the youtube vid to the review

Oh my bad. They're different wads I think.

I'll get back to you if I play any of the wads that are on your site.

There is totally not shortage. Believe me. We've reviewed almost 40 this year so far and more are in the works. :-)

I make absolutely awful quality playthroughs of my maps, it may not be worth mentioning but I have a video on seemingly the only half decent map I have ever made.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWr270odOY

Just prepare for awful, I seriously would like somebody who is not running off of a toaster to do a playthrough (but that may be too much wishful thinking).

(I'm am not expecting you to use this by the way, it was more of an attmept at getting somebody with better hardware to play it lol)

Fellowzdoomer said:

How does this work?

It requires a few files that you will have to download. Check the usage.txt file in the prboom folder for more information. The information is near the bottom under video capture.

Obsidian said:

Larzuk also did a playthrough of Operation Hydra a while back if you don't already have that.

Yeah, that one was on the site. I remember that because someone wanted video evidence that it could be done on UV.