Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Father of 6 dies after police choke hold

Jump on the rage train. There's video!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/20/justice/ny-chokehold-death/

I have another view on this. The man is giant and worked up that the cops are there. He's giant, he's no health nut. He had been arrested before for selling cigarettes. The cops felt he was selling cigarettes again. Cigarettes can even cause heart attacks, but that doesn't mean he smoked. Heart attacks can even occur an hour after getting worked up.

The guy recording the video says that the cops are harassing the man for trying to break up a fight. The man himself says he was minding his own business. If he was minding his own business he wouldn't be 'breaking up a fight.'

If there was a fight.... that would be on camera too.

Also I didn't know cops wore cargo shorts and gym shoes.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-cops-chokehold-caused-injury-mans-throat/story?id=24640347

Clonehunter said:

They were still a bit too rough, although the "breaking up a fight" thing sounds pretty bull.

Agreed. The whole I'm a brother sounds bull. It could be completely true or 'we're really step brothers.' He doesn't really seem to have concern for his brother. Just his bike.

A lot of Facebookers are saying its the choke that killed him. Nope. Its the heart attack. Plus he's supposedly asthmatic say the family and supposedly selling cigarettes say the cops.

AndrewB said:

Why should selling cigarettes be a crime?

There are entire cigarette maffias in NY and NJ. That happened when cigarette packs hit $8. He's selling them untaxed. He's selling them 1 at a time when you're supposed to sell a pack at a time.

Like if I were to sell fruit snacks by the package when you're only allowed to sell them by the box. Maybe its because there's no warning on an individual when there's a warning on the pack?

Maybe its because he's black?

Here in Chicago its an issue, people will steal a pack and sell them loose. Stores will even sell loose ones to keep people from stealing them.

Avoozl said:

Maybe the choke triggered the heart attack?

True dat. I know plenty of people on Facebook are thinking the choke due to lack of oxygen killed him. When nope its the heart attack.

Just like some other youtube video someone posted on the forum about some drug addict dying when police smothered him. Its somewhere in the forum.

Firemen get to be heroes, but cops...

I mean, I could write a stupidly long explanation for why, but the cop closest to the camera was completely full of shit, so this whole situation is based on a lie. I've never seen such a bad liar since the time I realized I was a shitty liar. That's how I recognize his bullshit for what it is. Basically, they had no evidence whatsoever that he was doing what they claimed.

What I think happened, is that the cops showed up too late to break up the fight and decided they needed to justify their authority by using it on this man. Luckily, he just happens to be somebody with a pretty minor record and somebody they've harassed on more than one occasion. Oh good, he's passively resisting arrest, now they can go wild!

Firemen get to be the heroes because they don't go out of their way to justify their power by turning the high-pressure hose on people with matches. Or people that had matches at some point. The cops have no excuse here, they pulled some bullshit and now somebody is dead. Unfortunately, they probably all won't get jail time. Their pensions should go to helping the family, dealing with his body, the medical costs, etc. Which also won't happen.

There's been a lot of crazy stories with the police in my area lately. This is one of them, he was killed for absolutely nothing.

There was another story about a man that amushed a cop, and he shot him in head, and killed him instantly. The cop had responded to a the call for an assault at a Walgreens. The killer had stole a gun off a security guard, at knife point. Then he went on a rampage trying to kill more cops. After the murderer was killed by the police, the community had erected a memorial for the cop killer. however, the cops eventually had it taken down. This happened 5 mins away from my job. I used to go to the walgreens that the murder happened in. Supposedly the united Bloods factions had vowed to murder more cops, but this may be a hoax according to some sources. I've spoken to several cops, and they said it is not a hoax.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/07/jersey_city_mayor_has_memorial.html

geo said:

There are entire cigarette maffias in NY and NJ. That happened when cigarette packs hit $8. He's selling them untaxed. He's selling them 1 at a time when you're supposed to sell a pack at a time.

Like if I were to sell fruit snacks by the package when you're only allowed to sell them by the box. Maybe its because there's no warning on an individual when there's a warning on the pack?

Maybe its because he's black?

Here in Chicago its an issue, people will steal a pack and sell them loose. Stores will even sell loose ones to keep people from stealing them.

The real reason is because the cops are just ultra-aggressive in applying force to control a situation. There are good cops out there, but some of them are violent malcontents that seek to hurt people. At any rate, it is a violation of NYPD policy to put someone in a choke hold, and to kneel on their bodies. Its no surprise that it is against their policy, because it can inhibit breathing, which is what happened here.

AndrewB said:

Why should selling cigarettes be a crime?

Yeah really, but even if it is, that's a needlessly huge police presence for one guy.

With that said, as much as I abhor the police overstepping their bounds in every way they can and getting away with it...People have got to fucking understand that if you are ever in a situation where the police clearly want to arrest you, justifiably or not, just put your damn hands behind your back and let them arrest you without incident. You can avoid dying with that simple tactic. You cannot and will not ever talk your way out of getting arrested. If they want you they're gonna get you one way or the other even if it requires 20 cops dog piling on top of you and killing you in the process.

Technician said:

Paid leave all around!

US cops are above the law. Kill a man in cold blod? Here, have a few weeks off. The beer is on us.

http://politicalblindspot.com/cop-shoots-kills-college-student-for-speaking-disrespectfully/

There are plenty, plenty more situations just like this. Cops are a thing to be feared in America. 4/5 times they're aggressive, trigger happy cocksuckers who will jump at an unarmed kid or non-harmful "suspect" for doing just about anything.

Said it before, saying it again: Glad I'm out of that festering shithole of a country.

Quast said:

Yeah really, but even if it is, that's a needlessly huge police presence for one guy.

With that said, as much as I abhor the police overstepping their bounds in every way they can and getting away with it...People have got to fucking understand that if you are ever in a situation where the police clearly want to arrest you, justifiably or not, just put your damn hands behind your back and let them arrest you without incident. You can avoid dying with that simple tactic.

I agree fullheartedly, that is the best way to attempt surviving through a rabid police-gang who want innocent peoples blood to spill. Even then, the recent cold blooded murder in Albuquerque shows that full submission to the officers (while unarmed, too) is still, apparently, a reason to have full round loaded into you.

The only way I'd consider stepping foot back in the US, even for just a few minutes, is if I had bullet proof armor. Think I'm over exaggerating? Take a peek at US murder by firearm statistics and you'll see it's just necessary caution.

Worth noting, while I still lived in the US as a teen, me and my friends were stopped and apprehended by the police on quite a few different occasions, they then called our parents to pick us all up. What was our crime, you ask? Being outside. I fucking wish I was joking or exaggerating in some way, but I'm not.

Fuck that.

*yawns* Oh, more police brutality? Wake me up when something else happens. *falls asleep*

On another note, if I were you I'd download that video before it inevitably gets flagged on Youtube so you can re-host it on Liveleak or something.

Linkrulezall said:

*yawns* Oh, more police brutality? Wake me up when something else happens. *falls asleep*

On another note, if I were you I'd download that video before it inevitably gets flagged on Youtube so you can re-host it on Liveleak or something.

I know the police brutality story is becoming so common as to actually be boring, but understand, this is exactly what they want - complacency. This type of thing is not OK and I rack my brain trying to come up with some sort of movement against it that will actually achieve something...

Anyone has any ideas, I'm certainly all ears.

Kontra Kommando said:

There was another story about a man that amushed a cop, and he shot him in head, and killed him instantly. The cop had responded to a the call for an assault at a Walgreens. The killer had stole a gun off a security guard, at knife point. Then he went on a rampage trying to kill more cops. After the murderer was killed by the police, the community had erected a memorial for the cop killer. however, the cops eventually had it taken down. This happened 5 mins away from my job. I used to go to the walgreens that the murder happened in. Supposedly the united Bloods factions had vowed to murder more cops, but this may be a hoax according to some sources. I've spoken to several cops, and they said it is not a hoax.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/07/jersey_city_mayor_has_memorial.html

Jesus Christ man, It's shit like this is why I have a hard time siding with those who are critical of cops. This is why I remain neutral on issues like police brutality.

Linkrulezall said:

Here in Chicago there are plenty of cops being murdered int he past 3 weeks. Well murdered / killed. Strange incidents too. Like SUV rams stakeout unmarked car. Off duty cop killed in motorcycle crash. Cop killed in cop car while hanging out. Another cop shot to death by 2 teens. Cops got attacked for breaking up some unlicensed ghetto concert in a park. All within 3 weeks.

I'm surprised Jesse Jackson showed up to this father of 6's aide when again here in Chicago, his home town there was some 11 year old shot by a stray bullet in front of 6 friends at a sleepover. Guess there's no one to sue for a stray bullet.

There were 40 shootings in Chicago last weekend including 4 deaths. Fuuucck. There were 60 over 4th of July.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/20/Weekend-Tally-40-Shot-4-Killed-in-Chicago-Including-11-Year-Old-Girl-at-Slumber-Party

South side of Chicago is getting dangerous. I guess we're going for #1 crime to beat out Detroit and St. Louis.

Anyway, just venting. Carry on.

Father of 6 died from cops.

reality 2.0 said:

Jesus Christ man, It's shit like this is why I have a hard time siding with those who are critical of cops. This is why I remain neutral on issues like police brutality.

I have a lot of family members that are cops, but I'm still pretty critical of police. All in all, its really society in general that is messed up. There's good and bad people in all walks of life.

reality 2.0 said:

This exact attitude is why the militarization of police continues unabated and why their complete lack of restraint in every possible situation gets people killed, including the police officers themselves.

@Kontra Kommando and Quast

sorry, my post was more of an emotional reaction. What I mean by "critical of cops" I was more against the Fuk da police, lets get revenge attitude that I see pop up every single time I hear about a police brutality like in Kontra Kommandos story. Not against criticism against police in general.

reality 2.0 said:

@Kontra Kommando and Quast

sorry, my post was more of an emotional reaction. What I mean by "critical of cops" I was more against the Fuk da police, lets get revenge attitude that I see pop up every single time I hear about a police brutality like in Kontra Kommandos story. Not against criticism against police in general.

No need to apologize to me dude. I respect where you're coming from.

Doomkid said:
US cops are above the law. Kill a man in cold blod? Here, have a few weeks off. The beer is on us.

It happens in many countries, and I'd say that to a good degree it's a big flaw of Western judicial systems. Compared to representatives and officials, judges respond more "independently" and thus can't fall back on an electorate or a political administration when accosted. This makes the third power particularly vulnerable to interest groups; those with enough force or the highest bid. The police, as a corporative group that's tied to the law, have even more leverage than most.

geo said:

Here in Chicago there are plenty of cops being murdered int he past 3 weeks. Well murdered / killed. Strange incidents too. Like SUV rams stakeout unmarked car. Off duty cop killed in motorcycle crash. Cop killed in cop car while hanging out. Another cop shot to death by 2 teens. Cops got attacked for breaking up some unlicensed ghetto concert in a park. All within 3 weeks.

I'm surprised Jesse Jackson showed up to this father of 6's aide when again here in Chicago, his home town there was some 11 year old shot by a stray bullet in front of 6 friends at a sleepover. Guess there's no one to sue for a stray bullet.

There were 40 shootings in Chicago last weekend including 4 deaths. Fuuucck. There were 60 over 4th of July.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/20/Weekend-Tally-40-Shot-4-Killed-in-Chicago-Including-11-Year-Old-Girl-at-Slumber-Party

South side of Chicago is getting dangerous. I guess we're going for #1 crime to beat out Detroit and St. Louis.

Anyway, just venting. Carry on.

Father of 6 died from cops.

Unfortunately, Milwaukee is starting to catch more of your runoff. While we're not getting a lot of dead cop incidents, we just have brutal people doing brutal things to other people in general. Like, not too long ago some kids killed their grandma because they thought they could do it and get away. More recently some guy from Australia or something was passing through a Milwaukee "hood" where some niggers gunned him down for fun. I think they were caught, and they said they did because they could.

reality 2.0 said:

I was more against the Fuk da police, lets get revenge attitude that I see pop up every single time I hear about a police brutality

Has anyone in this thread really said something like that though? I don't see much here but reasonable reactions, considering. That's something I love about DW.

Quast said:

This exact attitude is why the militarization of police continues unabated and why their complete lack of restraint in every possible situation gets people killed, including the police officers themselves.

I fully agree. Just because some cops are murdered, doesn't somehow justify cops murdering people "for fun" in these types of situations. It sounds sick I know, but I'm sure about 50% of these atrocities were commited for two reasons. One, they figured they could get away with it. Two, some part of their brain wanted the thrill of the kill.

I know not every cop is like this. Maybe not even most. I'm sure in many of these instances, the officers genuinely felt at risk or felt it was the right thing to do. That said, the power that cops have clearly isn't preventing crime. Cops over here push their weight around a LOT less, and big surprise, there's exponentially less police related deaths. I hope things can be fixed up over there, I really do. A shame seeing my homeland going further down the deathtube.

Honestly, forget preventing crime, I would almost think cops being bullies would actually encourage crime. May sound strange, but basically, if cops go around acting like assholes, people start losing respect for them. They may fear the cops, but they have no respect - and thus, their respect for the law itself diminishes, since cops are supposed to be a tool of the law - and if the cops don't take their powers seriously, and abuse them for the hell of it, it might indicate that the law itself isn't to be taken seriously, that the law itself is an abuse of power.

I'm not saying that justifies running out and committing crimes, just because some cops are assholes, but I can see how asshole cops could fuel that mentality. Hell, I've seen that just working in education - teachers who abuse their power and act like jerks tend to have more out-of-control students, from my experience, simply because students can see when teachers are doing that, and they lose respect for those teachers - and the authority those teachers represent. Made my job a living hell as a teaching assistant when I had to work with teachers who were real tyrants for no real reason. I don't mean teachers should just let students run wild, but it's damn hard to control a group of students when the teacher's cracking down hard on them for every minor infraction. Students stop seeing authority altogether, and just see a bully who's using his power to pick on them - and even if you fear a bully, you sure as hell don't take anything he has to say seriously.

Geekmarine, that is a god damn 5 star post. I feel like clapping, I couldn't agree with you more. Have you studied psychology or something? You have it right - There's a huge division between fear and respect.

http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-retrain-every-officer-force-chokehold-death-004900014--abc-news-topstories.html

Apparently Police Commissioner Bratton now plans to retrain every NYPD officer because of this.

geekmarine said:

Honestly, forget preventing crime, I would almost think cops being bullies would actually encourage crime. May sound strange, but basically, if cops go around acting like assholes, people start losing respect for them. They may fear the cops, but they have no respect - and thus, their respect for the law itself diminishes, since cops are supposed to be a tool of the law - and if the cops don't take their powers seriously, and abuse them for the hell of it, it might indicate that the law itself isn't to be taken seriously, that the law itself is an abuse of power.

I'm not saying that justifies running out and committing crimes, just because some cops are assholes, but I can see how asshole cops could fuel that mentality. Hell, I've seen that just working in education - teachers who abuse their power and act like jerks tend to have more out-of-control students, from my experience, simply because students can see when teachers are doing that, and they lose respect for those teachers - and the authority those teachers represent. Made my job a living hell as a teaching assistant when I had to work with teachers who were real tyrants for no real reason. I don't mean teachers should just let students run wild, but it's damn hard to control a group of students when the teacher's cracking down hard on them for every minor infraction. Students stop seeing authority altogether, and just see a bully who's using his power to pick on them - and even if you fear a bully, you sure as hell don't take anything he has to say seriously.

I live in New York City, trust me people here have no respect for cops. Earlier this year they had to significantly change their "Stop & Frisk" policies due to complaints.