Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duker900

Insomnia & Inability's to sleep

Insomnia & Inability's to sleep, Had them?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Insomnia & Inability's to sleep, Had them?

• Yes (What)
    • No

Yeah.

My sleep "routine" is weird. If I sleep after 9 pm I need about 8 hours to recover. If I sleep between 8 pm and 9 pm I need only 5. I like to stay 16 hours awake whenever possible. And since I lack any kind of job/activity that's easy. Everynight there's a 25% chance of not sleeping, which in that case I generally survive about 24 up to 36 hours.

I don't sleep well at night as it's always 90 degrees outside where I live at this time of year, therefore I most always wake up about 11:00 or 12:00 in the daytime.

rofl

He should have his own hosted site.

[edit] this was supposed to go to doomcenter, but I entered the text in the wrong window because I am retarded. [/edit]

You mean there's actually new stuff on DC's forums?

And should we look for your answer to this thread down there?

Heh, yes, the SA goons just invaded DC on an anti-reol crusade. Needless to say I was in the throws of rapture when i made this whoopsie.

Insomnia usually occurs with me once or twice a month. In such a circumstance, i usually stay up all nite working on those bastard maps...

I usually only need 6 to 8 hours of sleep. On the weekdays it's usually from 11 or 12 PM till 5 or 6 AM, although sometimes if I'm tired I'll go to bed at 8 or 9 and wake up at 3 or 4. On the weekends, it's usually anywhere between 3-6 AM and waking up at about noon.

Archvile64 said:

I usually only need 6 to 8 hours of sleep. On the weekdays it's usually from 11 or 12 PM till 5 or 6 AM, although sometimes if I'm tired I'll go to bed at 8 or 9 and wake up at 3 or 4. On the weekends, it's usually anywhere between 3-6 AM and waking up at about noon.

I know what you mean. Our sleeping pattern is as follows :
Weekdays : 1am - 7am
Saturday : 4am -2pm (Clubbing, y'know?)
Sunday : 1am - 7am, and the cycle continues anew

darknation said:

Heh, yes, the SA goons just invaded DC on an anti-reol crusade.

Heh...that reminds me of something... (I think you know what I'm talking about, DN).

As a kid I had problems getting to sleep, largely due to being put to bed a stupid times like 8 o'clock (why do retarded parents DO that?).

If I had anytihng with caffeine in it I could go on all night and hyperactive with it too.

Nowadays I sleep like a baby, even when I'm nervous as shit about something. It's normally 12am-1am till 8am-9am for me.

I never sleep enough. my body clock is set to an up all night, sleep all day cycle. but unfortunately my life is the opposite. so yeah sleep is not something I'm too familiar with. although when I do sleep, its for a damn long time.

/me writes with a collective 6 hours sleep in the last seven days

pritch said:

As a kid I had problems getting to sleep, largely due to being put to bed a stupid times like 8 o'clock (why do retarded parents DO that?).

Probably because the parents wanted to fuck in peace without little pritch looking :-P
Or probably because they wanted to watch movies not to be viewed by kids.

dsm said:

Probably because the parents wanted to fuck in peace without little pritch looking :-P
Or probably because they wanted to watch movies not to be viewed by kids.

wow thanks for scarring me for life! :)

spike have you got a babysitter for teh clubbing?

pritch said:

spike have you got a babysitter for teh clubbing?

Yeah, my mum or my sister usually offer to babysit. You think i'm paying 20 quid a nite for some jumped-up 16 year-old with an ex-con boyfriend?

Spike said:

I know what you mean. Our sleeping pattern is as follows :
Weekdays : 1am - 7am
Saturday : 4am -2pm (Clubbing, y'know?)
Sunday : 1am - 7am, and the cycle continues anew

Excuse me? our sleeping patterns?I think you mean yours, the last time i slept in till 2 was this morning, i am always up at 7.30 week days and 10ish at weekends, no matter what time i get up! someone's gotta look after the kids ;)

Ok ok, i'm sorry babe :'(

Anyway, here's a nice example of insomnia :
On the downside, it's now 4:10am.
On the plusside, map07 is nearly finished! Woohoo!

7:47am... still... awake...

Please... kill me...

I had insomnia last year but since then my life has had a complete work around, I'm happy etc. But no sleep for around six months was hell hence why I was kicked out of college. Now that's a sob story!

Bad Luck Ranger said:

I had insomnia last year but since then my life has had a complete work around, I'm happy etc. But no sleep for around six months was hell hence why I was kicked out of college. Now that's a sob story!

Yeah, deadlines and exam revision will do that to you.
Btw - it's 10:32am and i'm still awake. With any luck i'll start hallucinating soon.

Spike said:

Btw - it's 10:32am and i'm still awake. With any luck i'll start hallucinating soon.

Pfff, I'll be going to bed at 1-2pm today, try that sometime. :P

Of course I also woke up around 9pm the night before.

Lüt said:

I know your IP

The paranoid hallucinations begin...

I might add that I came up with that title ;)