Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

whet happened

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ban evasion.

But as I seem to recall these questions are more for PM than posting o.O

Kirby said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ban evasion.

Loser evasion is another possibility, or the admins are playing their own version of the Mafia game.

I think that bans should be announced, explained and discussed publically. Trying to get rid of the members silently with no explanations is rather disgraceful.

Memfis said:

I think that bans should be announced, explained and discussed publically. Trying to get rid of the members silently with no explanations is rather disgraceful.

They are announced, explained and discussed in a mod section of the forums, but there's no information on this particular ban at the moment. That is not the recommended modus operandi, because it leaves the other admins & mods just guessing at what happened.

The public service idea... eh. Most of the bans are not interesting and I can imagine the Terry-crew making a competition out of getting the most notches in the announcement thread. Also people in the know gladly inform on bans when questions arise. Usually, the don't. The questions, I mean. Having a dedicated ban discussion thread/section seems like a sign of an immature community (hi, zanzan). You're discussing it right now, aren't you? There's also a rule about backseat modding that'd probably clash with such a thread directly.

Given that oftentimes, a ban can be the end-result of attention-seeking behavior, I would think that not calling attention to someone who got banned for being an attention whore would probably be a good idea. I mean basically, as has been stated already, you don't really want to reward someone for being a jackass, and there are those who would see their antics being publicly posted as some sort of twisted reward. Plus, I dunno, just in general, I think being discreet when it comes to this sort of thing is preferable in general.

I mean, I get how concerns could arise about power-mad mods laying down the banhammer just for the hell of it, but I think we've got a pretty solid community here at Doomworld, I can't see that happening here.

Bloodshedder said:

He got access to an older account back and I had to disable his newer one. Conspiracy explained

No one was harmed.

Bloodshedder said:

He got access to an older account back and I had to disable his newer one. Conspiracy explained

That sounds all too convenience, Blood.

dew said:

Having a dedicated ban discussion thread/section seems like a sign of an immature community (hi, zanzan).

I get the impression that was one of the major failings of the Skulltag forums, with ban discussions leading to the staff's competence being questioned, which is a less than ideal atmosphere in which to run a forum.

Drilbur said:

No one was harmed.

I'm not so sure, Doomworld is rumoured to have a hidden Dementia forum which quietly filling with members who've forgotten their original account details.

Considering that doomworld seems to be gaining a new member almost every day on average (i haven't in the past year seen a "welcome to our newest member" name for more than two days in a row) is this happening a lot more often than is detected?

Bypassing your ban with a new or older account.

Also, is that Brandon D. Lade that was banned?