Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Ok - so, DWS needs some new submissions....

We've got a couple things that people are working on and we've gotten alot of reviews done this year but MORE is better, so.... if you have a map that is ready for review and you don't just want it to languish on the /idgames server with no recognition of your hard work... then submit it to dws - here is the link to the submissions page which will give you all of the info you need to get the map(s) to us...

http://www.doomwadstation.net/submit/

I offer you quite a few options here, so there is not way in hell you can't find a way to get those maps to us. :-)

Just as a sidenote - I DO update my copy of the maps from the /idgames repository on a semi-regular basis so your map will end up on my site anyway if you submitted there, but it will never see a review which, really, is what all of us want anyway - to have our work recognized!

The review requests have slowed recently, so if you were thinking that you have a work of art you would like reviewed, please, could definitely use something new to play. :-)

http://www.doomwadstation.net/submit/

If you want to see what the reviews look like - just go to the main page - http://www.doomwadstation.net and check out some of the reviews under the site news section.

Have a great 4th!

Brad_tilf said:

Nope. I guess not. Wanna try again? You could always just pm me here with a link to it

Alright, Cool. *PMing*

I am not entirely sure if you have or have not tried out the PSX DOOM: Lost Levels yet, but it's good and may I say the PSX DOOM TC is kickass and it's the best TC or wad or anything that exists in my opinion period.

So, most of the submissions I get are still through either pm here or other means - emails through my site mostly. But I do have an alternative that I would really like to see used more - that is the ftp access I enabled for people to upload their files at http://www.doomwadstation.net/incoming/

This is MY favorite method because it organizes things better for me AND, other people can play the maps while the reviews are in process.
So, I just wanted to kind of remind people that this option is available to them. :-)

Superluigieth1 said:

there should be a doom wad station forum in Special Interest.

Thanks for the compliment. :-)

Can you make a simple upload form with a button? Sending small files via FTP is kind of dated.

Memfis said:

Can you make a simple upload form with a button? Sending small files via FTP is kind of dated.

So am I. lol
I'll look into it
Good suggestion

Memfis said:

So, I was looking into this. While it would be simple to implement, it could leave the site open to attack, which is something I would rather avoid, if you know what I mean. :-)

I might even remove that option but I know that my hosting company scans constantly for rogue code.

Woa this website is amazing.
It's very hard for someone like me who just joined and wants to know what's coming up but your site is very helpful.

Estryark said:

Woa this website is amazing.
It's very hard for someone like me who just joined and wants to know what's coming up but your site is very helpful.

Why, thankyou sir!

Brad_tilf said:

Why, thankyou sir!

Would be great if the site would look a bit more modern. There is so much information I bet doing any face lift would be very difficult.

Estryark said:

Would be great if the site would look a bit more modern. There is so much information I bet doing any face lift would be very difficult.

That is a major understatement