Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

Anyone knows a magic Mace sprite? (Hexen, Heretic)

Hello!
I am searching for a Heretic/Hexen-style sprite of a enchanted/magic melee mace. The Cleric character actually has a mace - this would just fit my needs but I would need something that looks "magic", like the powered-up staff of Heretic or the magic axe of Hexen. Does anyone know a WAD were a sprite like this was used? Or is anyone crafty enough to produce a "magic" version of the mace of the Cleric?
Thanks a lot!!!

Might be able to do this. What colour do you want for the glow? And which game/palette is it for ?

Edit: Here's a quick test of one frame, is this the kind of thing you want?

Great, this is exactly what I was looking for, although a yellow/orange/red-ish glow would be perfect (but blue would be ok as well, if you want to keep the first frame the way you made it now)! Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help on this!
The weapon is going to be used in Heretic.

Plums is the one of many helpful ones 'round here. From helping with colormaps to fooling the British that Nyan Imp is real, he's your man.

Orange glowing mace: https://www.mediafire.com/?nkgburjwgxuen0v

I repaletted the non-glowing mace as well to the Heretic palette using SLADE's translation tables, since just a straight conversion didn't look so good to me, so those are included too.

I also tried to convert the Fighter's glowing axe hits into an orange-red colour, in case you want to use them. I'm not as happy with the results from that but if you like them, go ahead and take them.

So I'm curious. Is this a reskin of the staff\shock hands or are you using DECORATE? Also, is this for a mod or are you just messing around with things?

Is this for Heretic or HeXen?

If you need any oddly colored enemies, I'm your guy to go to. I think I have some green golems wandering around my sdcard =p.

I like the impact sprites on that one, even if they're just from the Hellstaff. The gauntlet hand is good too. The mace ball doesn't rotate at all though, it looks like, and the "magic electricity" definitely doesn't look so great.

Thank you very much plums! This looks great, exactly the way I wanted it to look!

@Fellowzdoomer: I am working on a "combination" Mod, that includes several modifications, some made by other people, some made by me. I am not sure whether I can release this, because it is not all my work - maybe this is just for friends and me. It is a Heretic mod that combines a Texture Mod by me (making Heretic darker and gloomier), a Blood Mod, an RPG Mod (Wrath of Cronos) as well as some minor sprite and script changes so that everything fits together, and the different mods don't mess around.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Found this on my old hard drive. No idea where I got it from.

http://i.imgur.com/8XtT9mq.png

Plums's is much better and probably more useful, but here you are.

I agree with plums - the Mace itself looks ok but the magic effect is not that good. As for the gauntlet hand: Since the Mace shall be used by a Cleric-type Character, it needs to have the normal leather gloves (just as the original from Hexen).
But thank you nevertheless, I knew this sprite was out there (I think it was included in Hexen Arcanum) but didn't have any link.

Glad it worked Fenriswolf. I'd be interested in seeing the final project, even if it's just a few screenshots.