Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

got the demo recording working but it wont let me idclev to level 10 for some reason. How do i get a demo to record from your level?

So i finally did it on skill 4 :P here's the fda https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8glwd479j0365s/cohfdass.lmp

Some suggestions and stuff: That elevator at the beginning where zombieman comes down looks weird, remove the lower or upper unpegged flag from the front of the elevator, that way it comes down as a decent elevator should.

Then theres the door texture (door that leads to the barons and cybs) thats a bit misaligned i suggest center it some more so it looks better, same thing when it turns into an uac door. Also at the cybie area that same door has some detail on top https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6us0ae3618caml/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2016.56.36.png do something with that too, looks weird.

Mark this thing as a secret https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9kwa2a02b7crsb/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2016.59.54.png and perhaps change the texture inside? https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n5tetwwslloo7l/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2017.00.05.png

Bottom of the doors look really dumb with their gray texture, i suggest changing that to some brown texture so it fits the door better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mcooq5o1rmnvum/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2016.58.22.png

This thing looks a bit out of place https://www.dropbox.com/s/op4oyin4xaol2du/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2016.56.04.png

The teleport looks weird with that misaligned texture and since you can't align textures on floors and ceilings isuggest choosing a different texture maybe.

Also pain elemental is stuck.

Some texture choices especially when you teleport and everything changes are pretty bad imo, i suggest choosing some better matches.

Screenshots are made with zdoom and from a previous version but i noticed same problems in the final version too.

Otherwise it's a cool map, had a really nice challenge, in the end i suggest adding some ammo maybe, as you can see from the fda i died one time because i was out of ammo there. Also if you don't have damaging floor maybe don't go with the lava texture, choose some more mild liquid maybe i don't know.

Important update: my wad (Rage) is vanilla compatible after all so that can be changed in the main post. Had a dude from the forums testing it and he found it out. When it was halfway done it crashed at chocolate doom so for no reason it works now fully. Also did many tweaks, texture alignment, retexturing, added some detail among other stuff but it still retains the oldschool feel. For vanilla only way i know how to change music is to replace the original music in doom2.wad, that means changing the track name to D_RUNNIN, is that allowed? Since 1 map slot is used for 1 map i don't think it's such a big deal.

You just supply a track and let ToD do the rest...

Though it looks as if not many are interested in the project this year, and people aren't subbing for ToD like I am so... I guess until ToD swims from the murky waters of boredom I'll be subbing ...

Also for better zdoom compability i left mapinfo in, still works in vanilla with that there, mapinfo has par time, no crouch, no jump and a map name. Anyone know how to change name of the level and include par times in vanilla? Not such a big deal but still would be cool.

Also take notice that in my map, even shitty keyboard players are taken into account so for experienced mouse and keyboard players this map may seem not so though because of health packs after big fights especially on medium and easy skill theres many health packs. This map has been tested on every skill level on doom2.exe and zdoom with keyboard and mouse and keyboard only so i guess i can say this map is pretty solid by now. I mean those textures are aligned :P but still if you notice something odd let me now.

I had 2hp before the whole shotgunner cages. I shot 3 of em and one shot me just as Iwas sneaking up on his jail cell. I had a good laugh over that one (after confusion of course.) I have the fda, didn't find nothing wrong. Ill post it up.

Also, snake, I'm redoing the end (it was crap.) Also, I'm suprised you didn't find the hell texture in a base problem.

EDIT: I never put a pain elemental.

EDIT 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?yrz10k8z6sem984

Well thanks for the fda, i did find many things wrong :P Ive since updated the map, did you play on medium, i saw ther5es many monsters missing, fixed that too.

Important note for chocolate doom users about rage. You need to set your music device native midi or GUS(emulated) otherwise the map will freeze at the start in doom2.exe it works fine, i don't know what's the problem but i have had this same problem multiple times before i think i even made a post about it, if anyone knows the solution please tell me.

I started working on a map a few days ago. Intended for pistol start, has stringent resources, and will probably have a semi-open world (it's open, but if you don't wanna get clobbered, you go get other shit in other areas beforehand) design. Uses cc4-tex.wad, because delicious textures

Also making sure to balance it for all difficulties - eg. more ammo and health on HTNR, far less health on UV along with dudes getting replaced with more deadly versions (spectres in dark areas away!), etc. There will be no teleporter traps - those are lazy as hell, and can be seen a mile away. Rooms might get repopulated, though.

Progress so far:

hello world

The UAC is terrible at deciding where nuclear reactors belong.

They are also terrible at respecting the environment.

There are two spectres in this screenshot. And don't worry, you have radsuits available.

Ijon Tichy said:

I started working on a map a few days ago.

Looks damned nice thus far.

Just finished playing Doom, Doom2 , Plutonia and TNT. I'm ready to map now! I've also played some "ZDoom" maps and I will make my first map on this! Quick question. Some "ZDoom" files are PK3 (apparently, they're just zips.) Can I submit my map in PK3 format?

sincity2100 said:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ln8huzbzx3bm4dm/The+Red.wad V2 of The Red,not really,I just fixed some minor bugs,that's all

Nice map. Lots of fun. Well, most of the time. Surprised by the AV and Hell Knights at the bridge-raising switch. And was not expecting all those Cacos and others AFTER the Cyber battle. Ran out of the room and fought from around the corner. God bless in-fighting. Found a couple of things.

---
The Yellow Key switch, linedef tag 5, has the wrong switch texture. It currently says ACCESS and when you use it, LOCKED lights up. Need to change SW2MEGA to SW1MEGA.

---
The Spiderboss and the Arachnos that show up after you get the Blue Key are pretty much useless. With all that computer equipment in the way, they can't shoot you. The only space wide enough for the Arachnos is along the south side of the western computer console and then only one at a time. Actually, since you're running through the room just to get to the Blue Key door anyway, you can ignore them all unless you're trying to get 100% kills.

How about this: drop some bars outside both room doors when you walk into that room with the Blue Key (requires a Voodoo Doll, a scrolling floor, a barrier in front of the Doll which opens when you grab the Blue Key, a Fast Door after that barrier tagged to a WR FastOpen/CloseDoor linedef just inside the Arachno room, a W1 CloseDoorFast linedef further down the scrolling floor to drop the bars, then: a W1 LowerFloorToLowestAdjacentFloorChangeTexture/Type and a W1 RaiseCeilingToHighestAdjacentCeiling past that linedef on the scrolling floor to eliminate all the computer consoles, light columns and the GR switch so the room becomes completely empty - probably need to join some of the interior computer sectors with off-map sectors to lower/raise correctly), and put the switch to open the bars behind the Spiderboss.

Edit: Just thought - you could actually add one more linedef at the end of the scrolling floor to open the door to the Spiderboss and the Arachnos then, and not when you grab the Blue Key. The Blue Key linedef could just open the Caco monster closet door and the first barrier in front of the VooDoo Doll.

Okay, I have an idea for my contribution. If you liked the idea of my Hangar midi in the picture thread, you may enjoy the custom weapon that shoots E1M1.

Ok..... I said i'd post this months ago!

Quick preview screenshot for you:

Textures and stuff subject to change.... :)

Dave