Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

What is your favorite game besides Doom?

on PC i've played lately Diablo 1 & 2, Dungeon Keeper and Monkey Island.

on PS2 I think I would pick Tekken 5, Resident Evil 4 and Shadow of The Colossus.

Doominator2 said:

Dont be fooled, Skyrim is hands down the worst Elder scrolls game of the series
Even after the main quest guards still treat you like a commoner.

Aww this would be a let-down. One of the many cool things about Oblivion was for me how the world changed in reaction to your deeds. You saved Kvatch, now everybody's talking about you (yeah I know they overdid it). You saved the world, now there's a statue that looks like you in Bruma. You turn into a vampire, now people are scared of you and may not even want to talk to you (the sun burns you but now you're fast and deadly). People of different races have different dispositions to each other and that influences how they greet other, including you. Little things like that.

What about the expansions? Are they any better? And the mods?

dew said:

Funny, I thought Oblivion NPCs and quests were boring compared to Morrowind. :P

To be fair, I haven't played Morrowind (well, only a bit), but I heard that it's less user-friendly, but still, RPG purists loved it. I might also once I get into it one day (or alternatively, playing Morrowblivion). I just really dig Oblivion mainly because of the damn nice sound track and gorgeous surroundings (yes even now I love those graphics), also the nice deep lore that extends into many aspects of the game. You can really lose yourself in the game and also there is a huge amount of content (but so has Skyrim I heard).

Basically any game by id Software (apart from a random title here or there from other game developers). I won't list them all, but here are my "top" games:

RAGE - I'm not joking, for me it was the best single player experience ever as far as FPSes go.

Quake Live - currently, the best multiplayer game there is (in my opinion)

Honorary mention goes to Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the most mature multiplayer scene I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a lot. I owe some of my best gaming moments to this title and my former clan. Single player was very good as well.

From Wolf3D to Quake 2 because they are legendary games, Armored Core because it's challenging and has infinite possibilities of creating ACs ,all Playstation exclusives because they are fun,the arcade games because i love them and enjoy replaying them all the time and M.U.G.E.N because there are infinte possibilties of creating chars, stages and other stuff.
And recently i've been playing Armored Core Last Raven Portable JPN.ver on PPSSPP.
As a bonus i finished DOOM and DOOM2 on PC!

My personal 'All-Time-Classics' besides DooM:

-Diablo 2 (HC-Ladder only)
-Resident Evil 1-3 (PSX)
-Quake 1-2
-Final Fantasy 1-9 (PSX)
-Harvest Moon - Back To Nature (PSX)

-and last but not least the Serious Sam Series ;)
Just can't get enough of all these Games :)

Thief 1 & 2
System Shock 2
Fallout3
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2

forgot to add Roller Coaster Tycoon and Arx Fatalis

Kotzugi said:

Aww this would be a let-down. One of the many cool things about Oblivion was for me how the world changed in reaction to your deeds..

This incredibly important aspect is missed altogether in Skyrim - all the focus was obviously on the graphics (which are... Unimpressive, honestly) because the NPCs suck badly. You can become leader of a guild and the members are still talking down to you, which makes zero sense. Oblivion is about 9 gazillion times more immersive for this alone, not to mention the graphics in Oblivion are far nicer on the eyes. Skyrim is great if you love blurry grey textures..

I haven't played enough Morrowind but I think I'll enjoy it for the same reasons I like Oblivion, and because it doesn't seem like Skyrim.

TESO is basically puke in the form of a game.

Clonehunter said:

I also forgot to mention Zoo Tycoon.

I was always a roller coaster tycoon lover, especially the second one. Every year I come back to that game, and I've basically got it down pat where I can have constant income and around 7,000 guests after 3 or 4 in-game years. Not to mention, designing coasters never seems to get old.

RCT3 never made sense to me.. You could have a park that was 4 tiles of concrete and guests would just come flooding in. Yet another case where the graphics got better, and literally everything else got much worse..

Dark Souls
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (wtih expansions)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Funny how this list includes only sequels, asides from Dark Souls 2. I cannot stand Dark Souls 2.

Quake 3
Other dooms
Chex quest series
Super mario series
Duke nukem 3d
TF2
Commander keen series
Fun run
Wolf3d
Freedoom series

The fact that no-one has mentioned the Payday games yet surprises me.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source
Unreal Tournament '99
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar Eternal Blue Complete