Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

What got you to join Doomworld?

Linkrulezall said:

I didn't actually remember until I reverse-searched my name, but apparently I came seeking advice on how to make the gun mimic the bobbing path of the 0.4 alpha.

Did you ever find an answer? I've wanted this for ages now, it seems more realistic, honestly (not that that matters, but still). Closest I've come is entering a negative movebob value, but then there are some really weird side effects to that as well.

TimeOfDeath said:
myk - that's awesome that you downloaded it when it was new! Where did you find it? I'd let people download it from me on Napster/audiognome and then hopefully other people would download it from them, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was a site promoting new doom or death metal bands, so it had like one or two songs from different bands and some brief info on them (not that I recall the details).

I was linked here back when Doomcenter still existed, not even kidding. I don't know how many people will even remember that one lol.

The various Doom mods plus some Doom mappers. I didn't know it existed really til I started really getting into Doom.

For me it was the awesome community.

They are always welcome to new people, and give very insightful feedback for new mappers like me.

I think I was looking for help with the Legacy source port. Man. That was a long time ago.

Well, at first, it was about doom itself, then to see others 'wads...
Doomworld isn't just about modding you know! people post anything here, it's like youtube without videos, we share all that's new, revive what's old, give advice about something...learn some stuff about anything; education, music, games...it's practically "a live feed".

I was googling for doom related websites and stumbled upon this site
once in who knows when and ignored it. Then after a long time i thought it would be a nice place to join to share maps and find maps to play...
then i entered the other topics and the site somewhat lost me... :/

I wanted to get back to playing some more wads to get in the "Doom Mood", and to see how my good ol' community is reacting to the new Doom 4 reveal.

GoatLord said:

What got me to join? I was tired of being openly mocked and/or ignored in the chat room.

There's a chat room?

Clonehunter said:

There's a chat room?

Doomworld had a chatroom at one point on IRC, IIRC (heh, see what I did there?).

I found Doomworld in december 2009 and officially joined in 2010. I was searching for "custom doom maps". I played with Doom95 from 1996 until 2009, Up until then I never seen a Doom map that wasn't created by Id, let alone a source port. You can imagine how excited I got when I found Hell Revealed (my 1st ever pwad) and Zdoom. I did check out Zdoom forums and New Doom, I never got into them.

It's very simple, back during the war I once grossed out Satan by jacking off in front of him and then I was forced to join DW for an eternity.

In all seriousness, I have been lurking for a while and my main reason for joining Doom World was a means to release something to the community (I had a number of projects going on) of course I didn't finish any of them, not even one so I guess I just got fed up with that idea and finally caved in to joining. I mean I was a bit pissed off that I couldn't offer anything of value to the community at the time. Coincidentally, I joined near my 19th birthday. EDIT: (Sorry, uncle's internet is not too good so this should have been edited a little earlier), I don't regret joining either (although I wish I did sooner), as I learned a few things from taking part in discussions and I also broke away from "it makes you a pussy to ask, just do it yourself" type of attitude.

Played a lot in the 90s but not the way you people do. I've gotten hooked on the wads you're building and the way you play them. I plan on learning.

For now, that means a lot of iddqd. ;)

I wanted someplace I can upload custom doom maps. I heard about doomworld and often found this site linked by google while searching doom-related stuff.

I joined to advertise Sonic Robo Blast 2's old 2.0 release. Made one or two posts, then sort of went silent.

I came back and stuck around because I genuinely friggin' love Doom. Signed up for the "Five Rooms" project, submitted an entry to 32in24-13, etc.

cosmicsquish said:

Played a lot in the 90s but not the way you people do.

You people?

purist said:

You people?

Well... I assume you are all people of some sort, right? ;)

Hey, I meant it with pure admiration! For the past several months I've been addicted to various speedruns and demos posted to youtube. I assume that anyone who cares enough about the game to be a regular here probably can play a lot like the ones in the demos, and not like how I used to in the 90s, which was timid and sad.

Finally I've got a gaming PC and I want to learn to play a bit more like you "pros" do.

Better?