Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

WOOO 2, How 2 wooo (Now on /idgames!)

Are you interested in this horrible idea?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this horrible idea?

• Yes I am.
    • No I am not.
    • "0/10 what is this crap"

walter confalonieri said:

Nice map Scypek2, there's some way to defeat the icon of sin or just get out from the level?

If you think you're running in circles, you're actually advancing. Keep it up.

After many, many loops, the nukage pillar will lower and you can shoot inside.

Spoiler

Or if you're too lazy for that, you can also open the second exit door, go through, back away and keep repeating.

edit: holy crap since when do we have this futuristic clickable spoiler technology

we didn't even celebrate it

Meanwhile...

Riddled With Mysteries.

Behold, it's a scripted map by me!

More maps coming up:
- "The my house.wad"
- "Halting Entertainment - Cruel Kill" (aka this one isn't actually very good)

and maaaybe more.

Here are two photos for my entry to my map

haven't picked a name yet,but after I'm finished with it,I'll pick a name for it

For those who are familiar with anime,you'll propably know these characters

Whilst the compilation constantly kicked my ass, I made a MIDI to demonstrate how much of a pain in the ass it is being for me:

Here it is, listen at own risk.

EDIT:
I also noticed how Scypek2 has a seemingly natural grip on great joke wad maps, you should definitely make an entire joke megawad man!

I thought the MAD megawad project didn't work out that well (possibly because I ended up abandoning it multiple times), and the latest map I posted was even supposed to be a MAD megawad contribution, but the WOOO 2 ended up being more popular. Now I'm conflicted. I'm not sure if I'm really into project leadership after all, but maybe I could finalize the MAD megawad someday, I've got 11 maps after all.

About the MAD -> WOOO2 maps, I think Ceci n'est pas une lift is probably more Bad than Mad anyway. I'm not sure about TIWAABBIIDOACEDETIW, it fits pretty well with the MAD theme of my project, but I'm not going to claim any ownership over this map. You decide.

also I fixed/updated Hell's Ravines.

joe-ilya said:

Are there any free slots?

Yeah, i think... according to the OP if we reach out the 32 levels for a megawad, other levels will be added into a bonus folder \ wad...

Oh, and for sincity guy map, what about "Welcome to Fanboys Hell" as a title?

joe-ilya said:

Are there any free slots?

I would think so, lost count though. EDIT: Fuck

-

I can think of a few (somewhat offensive and somewhat shit) titles for that anime wall map:

Spoiler

"No will 2 live"
"Self Disrespect"
"Shit just got weird"
"Common Indecencies"
"Waifu Woes"
"Negative Life"
"Lonesome Living"
"Reasons 2 avoid"
"DESU DESU MARINE SAN"
"Why Demons Kill Us"
"Sanity's Hell"
"Fanboy Forever"
"Now THIS is Hell!"
"Needs More Naruto"
"Chungus vs The Japs"
"Sony's Selling Point"
"We Advise You Quit"

mrthejoshmon said:

I would think so, lost count though. EDIT: Fuck

I counted and it went to 30 maps when counting the list on the OP, with the 3 more maps (scypek's "mysteries", sincity's anime and mine goes up to 33 maps, this megawad is finished, I guess.

Right, I fixed up Breezeep's ending room but now I have encountered the hurdle of Obake's heavily DECORATE and Custom sounds n stuff reliant map, I now have to find out what the hell I have to do to get those from messing around with the entire project as well as having to find out if they actually will mess with the base, how they will and what to do about it on top of how I will get that stuff into the compilation without messing it up in the first place!

I think it may be easier to edit the .wad files separately (Turn them to required MAPXX slots and so fourth) and then put em in a .PK3 file?

yeah, i think that too. It will be easier to edit, also pk3 files are now playable under every zdoom relative port... expect for zdaemon, maybe

I'll be taking those skies :)

also some good news:
Obake was clever enough to have his entries not conflict with the core game (Thanks for that Obake, I appreciate it!) so compilation is going smooth now, it will be done when it is done so keep your hats on.

Here it is, that beta I mentioned:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz2eb36y8itwtgc/WOOO2.wad

Things to do:

-add some new MIDI files to maps without them
    - Get "artwork" done and put in (Need to add Scypek2's skies and get TITLEPIC, BOSSBACK and the rest)
    - Get a MAP31, there is only one slot left and that is MAP31 guys.
    - Maybe add custom monster sounds (along the vein of MS Sam imps and shit, that would be funny)
    - Do chapter text.
    - Get a little speech or something from everybody involved
    - Find out where Doomguy's shitty adventure and Corridors of Death went.
    - probably more shit

It is official, we have all the maps required!

I figured out a way to include over 32 maps in the wad, so I could accept more if I wanted to...

basically we are pretty much good to go once we get all the "artwork" and stuff sorted. It is a glorious day!

Since it will have over 32 maps, I will add two more I made.

The my house - Featuring The My House and my grandpa's dog that attacks with barking textures (that are actually sprites). I added a secret exit in case you'd need one.

Hideous Entertainment - Cruel Kill - a bad way to make a map. This one just isn't very great. Or maybe. Not really. It has an unknown object when played separately, it's the dog from The My House. (I hope it won't clash with anyone else's decorate)

Also, I could gladly help with any lacking text or pictures you need.

I've played the beta, it's cool and also cool. Here are my reviews and comments:

1. Some map01 stuffz - This damn map looks okay! What is this supposed to be? I suppose somebody just mapped something and said, meh, I don't

like this map! So let's send it as a bad map. Like the "this map sure do belong in this wad" from

Wooo 1. Okay I guess, but for map01, I would prefer something more... representative.

By the way, You should probably make it so you pistol start on every map, like in Wooo 1.

2. Declinution - Wow, I'm playing a jokewad! Short and neat.

3. Theories - Longer and neater. Because 1994 architecture and stuff.

4. Towak - Pretty great! Felt kinda like that Pcorf's jokewad.

5. Earthquake or something - A cool and sensible map with a twist that could as well belong to

some other megawad had it not been for evil people that prefer classic-ness.

6. Lateral - Heh. Pretty interesting concept. I'm not sure if it's possible on pistol start,

though.

7. A fairly decent map -
> Yeah your cool piece of map is sooo bad shut up
> Yeah your second map is bad too are you happy
> What bug there's no bug you're seeing things
> Okay nevermind its bad because of romerohead

8. Run Doomguy Run - Yay! We don't get enough rail shooters! That was really fun, but, of

course, ended quickly.

9. Slopeway to heaven - Incredibly cool and different. And with this nice, heavenly atmosphere like in Sky May Be or the boom feature demo map.

10. F. U. C. K. - I see my maps have the smallest monster count here...

11. Hah - Just like Let's Chat On Faproulette. Just without textures. And Length. Or anything.

Pretty fine startan adventure, falling on Imps is quite problematic.

12. Chugger - Short and nicely insane. I don't understand the pattern in which the platform

move, or if there's any. I got stuck once, after that there was no problems. Unless you count not

having money to eat...

13. Smith - My favorite color, 10/10.

14. Voodoo - I guess that's some kind of interesting challenge. Also, it's cool how it fits thematically with the next map.

15. S. H. I. T. - I hope everyone gets the joke? This is a super cool map that you don't see,

because you spawn in a voodoo doll conveyor belt instead. Get it? Get it? Anyway, this map teleports to map32 for some reason.

32. Crazi Nessie - This. Is. So. Very. And how did you do this automap thing? I didn't finish it, maybe it's possible I don't know. I've had nightmares about this map long before it was made.

16. How to correctly use pain elementals - I suppose pacifist approach is the best here... Also cool and stuff.

17. It's flat - yes, it is! It also uses floor and ceiling textures only! Since you have no weapons whatsoever, the cacodemon part is barely doable. The rocket dodging part is cool, though.

18. Is it real life? - Yet another bad map, this one for Oddly Scaled Texture Day. The music is cool and fitting. And the starting room gives the impression of moving really fast and really slow at the same time, which is even cooler.

19. Mapping with scum gives me this results - It's a map. And it has stuff. I'm just wondering how exactly do you map with scum.

20. Pizza Daze - That reminded me of MockDonald's. Very good map, really deep and philosophical.

21. Area 1337 - Short and okay little thingy. Not much to say about it.

22. Sucking Down Darjeeing - This is just so glorious in so many ways. Actually, it's glorious in every way. I had to IDDT, though.

23. Ceci n'est past une lift - The sad thing is that some people would actually finish it without cheating.

24. Hell's Ravines Deluxe - The sky doesn't work for whatever reason. Something is wrong with skies in general.

25. Constant Hangar - Not Hanger? Whatever, it wasn't even a pun.

26. Riddled with Mysteries - the final switch ends the game. Oops. You'd have to fix the level's script or I'd have to reupload.

27. Bearable buttonholes & inoffensive wolVes - I always liked this map. I guess it's better that it ended in WOOO.

28. Homo - your average slaughtermap. Minus textures.

29. iconhellzdoom 1 (doesn't it have a name?) - A really nice map, at least when I played it before compilation, because here it's broken. The scripts wouldn't work after the first nazis.

30. iconhellzdoom 2 - What? It's actually two maps? Well, it sure feels like just one. This version is modified and now I have no idea how to beat this level.

Scypek2 said:

15. S. H. I. T. - I hope everyone gets the joke? This is a super cool map that you don't see,

because you spawn in a voodoo doll conveyor belt instead. Get it? Get it? Anyway, this map teleports to map32 for some reason.

32. Crazi Nessie - This. Is. So. Very. And how did you do this automap thing? I didn't finish it, maybe it's possible I don't know. I've had nightmares about this map long before it was made.

17. It's flat - yes, it is! It also uses floor and ceiling textures only! Since you have no weapons whatsoever, the cacodemon part is barely doable. The rocket dodging part is cool, though.

26. Riddled with Mysteries - the final switch ends the game. Oops. You'd have to fix the level's script or I'd have to reupload.

29. iconhellzdoom 1 (doesn't it have a name?) - A really nice map, at least when I played it before compilation, because here it's broken. The scripts wouldn't work after the first nazis.

15: The map sends you to MAP32 due to the lack of secret exits in this wad, the only way MAP32 is accessible (also, MAP 32 will lead to MAP31, then MAP34 then MAP33 just for fun)

32: I completed it, it took some major messing around with the weird jumping to do it though.

17: Run, all you have to do is run and run and run some more for that map.

26: I think I can change that to a "end normal" instead of "end game" for you.

29: I'll take a look into the problem with that map.

As for the skies having a fit, I think it had something to do with removing some skies out of all those textures Breezeep had in their contribution, I suppose we could keep it all messed up for the sake of being bad though?