Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

General Rainbow Bacon and Obsidian try to kill you.wad

Heh.

"General Rainbow Bacon and Obsidian try to kill you.wad", or "GRBAOTTKY" for short, is a collection of 3 Boom-compatible maps made by GRB and I while chatting on Skype: one of us would spend 30 minutes starting a map and the other would spend 30 minutes finishing it. As you may have guessed from the title these maps are somewhat difficult, but should still be beatable: we're not that nasty.

Okay, maybe we are. HAVE FUN!

well..

map02 was potentially the most interesting. unfortunately tight puzzley maps don't hold up very well with the inherent sloppiness of maps made in such a short amount of time.

Ribbiks said:

well..

map02 was potentially the most interesting. unfortunately tight puzzley maps don't hold up very well with the inherent sloppiness of maps made in such a short amount of time.

Yeah, I guess I'm the more puzzley decorative type. MAP02 was the only map that I started and GRB ended.

Bit late, but I just played these. Maps 1 & 3 were fun; map 2 the start was far too hard/random for me. I'm not sure of what I'm supposed to do there besides weave around the lost souls to get the rocket launcher and then kill things off, which I did eventually do after about 100 tries. After the start it wasn't bad.

You did kill me a lot, so mission accomplished! :p

I played this yesterday and when I got through MAP01 on my first attempt I thought to myself "You guys can do better than this! (at killing me, I mean)"

Didnt realize at first there were 3 maps, so when I went to upload my FDA, I had to quick go back and play the other two maps. Took quite a few tries to beat the second one, and by the third one I was getting tired and lazy (It's late at night, here)

I thought the chaingunner trap in MAP03 was a little weird when they teleport out of their cages. Seemed much more deadly with them in there, but if you were to flag those teleport destinations for easy or medium only, that would be a really inventive way to distribute difficulty levels. The way one bloodfall was solid and the other was a midtexture secret almost made me cry when the archviles showed up :( :(

Here's some FDAs anyway! I spent more time enjoying myself and having fun than I did dying, I think. Which is a good thing! Thanks for making these :)