Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpaceMSpiff

Mod-ons to doom3

Well, i've heard a lot about the new doom3 and my questions have sparked in my mind.. Some like, will there be add-on stuff like in half-life? Will it comeout for Xbox or ps2, And one of my most intresting things i'm intrested in is will it come with a doom3editor to creat your own levels. I still don't think that it will, so what do you think is should have?

SPACEMSPIFF

Doom III will come with the editor, an enhanced version of Robert Duffy's QeRadiant. It shares the same executable as the game, so apparently you can swap between 2D and 3D modes in just a few seconds, the time it takes to BSP the level. Plus, the game should come with the normal maps, model and geometry exporter for either MAX/Maya/Lightwave or even all of them.

The possibility of an expansion depends on the sales of the game, so we can't quite tell yet.

A PS2 port is downright impossible, while a X-box port is more like it. However, it will probably sport dumbed-down textures and a heavy fragmentation of the levels.

Personally, I hope there'll be a missionpack. Quake 2 had some really sweet mission packs imo (especially The Reckoning).

And if we're lucky, the mission pack(s) will turn out great.

Zaldron said:

However, it will probably sport dumbed-down textures and a heavy fragmentation of the levels.

I think you mean *really* dumbed down =)

Lets see...X box has a 64MB unified system buffer.

GF3 64MB dedicated frame buffer, GF4 Ti's have 128MB dedicated frame buffers.

I wonder just how much dumbing down they would have to do
before it wouldn't be worth it anymore =)

Now I realize that the TV resolution is lower than a PC resolution, but I'd expect that Doom 3 on a PC would use up at least 64MB of system ram, which byt itself would completely suck up the X-Box's resources not even counting the graphics.

dsm said:

Personally, I hope there'll be a missionpack. Quake 2 had some really sweet mission packs imo (especially The Reckoning).

And if we're lucky, the mission pack(s) will turn out great.

I hope there will be a few mission packs.

SpaceMSpiff said:

Well, i've heard a lot about the new doom3 and my questions have sparked in my mind.. Some like, will there be add-on stuff like in half-life? Will it comeout for Xbox or ps2, And one of my most intresting things i'm intrested in is will it come with a doom3editor to creat your own levels. I still don't think that it will, so what do you think is should have?

argh... i wish people would realy look at all the doom 3 info on the net before asking questions that have already been answered. i mean we already know about the possibilities of porting doom 3 to xbox(maybe) or ps2(no way) and that doom 3 is coming with an in-game editor. the only question that hasn't been answered by id is the add on stuff. i'm sorry but its just that there have been a few threads that have been based on questions about topics that have been already talked about. but in the end its not a big deal and asking questions is better than not knowing ;)

gatewatcher said:

i'm sorry but its just that there have been a few threads that have been based on questions about topics that have been already talked about.

REALLY ? You think ?

Well i know that there is a lot of information out about doom3, i thought that why not start talking about the cool ass ideas of created games for doom3. I know that it will come with the level editor i was wondering if anyone was going to come up with cool ideas or mission packs.. That's bacisly what i ment!

SPACEMSPIFF

SpaceMSpiff said:

SPACEMSPIFF

<<Great moons of Neptune we have a dumbass here!>>

I am sure Carmack is coding the engine with modability in mind. It makes development easier by allowing everybody to work more isolated from eachother.