Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Legoland!!

Wow, awesome, cool! You wait on line the entire time while you're corralled through different, gimmicky, rooms! Might be fun for the kiddies, but torture for the adults. We're in room 3, where there is a 40 minute wait to get into a small, slow moving rail-type car.

Hellbent said:

Wow, awesome, cool! You wait on line the entire time while you're corralled through different, gimmicky, rooms! Might be fun for the kiddies, but torture for the adults. We're in room 3, where there is a 40 minute wait to get into a small, slow moving rail-type car.

Yeah as an adult I don't want to go. I just saw a Lego documentary and they cut loose the Lego themeparks and how they don't own them anymore. There is a 'Legoland building' near Chicago. I've read the reviews and people say its just a glorified store.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Don't forget to Lego your Eggo!

Oh boy that brings back some 90's memories. Eggos, Pop Tarts, Beavis and Butthead, gumball machines :P

RUSH said:
Oh boy that brings back some 90's memories.

90s, heh, the early 80s already had TV commercials with the line. Since my brother is "Diego" I called him "Eggo waffle" when we were small.

Incidentally, my brother sent pics the other day of his visit to Legoland with his kids.

I saw a thing once about this city that had a museum with a LEGO replica of the city. The model had its own copy of the museum. I can't remember where it was. Perhaps in Denmark.

Themeparks are often frustrating. I don't go to many of them. Now my eye is broken I can't ride roller coasters so I see little point.

Has he ever harmed a human being?

Has he ever allowed, directly or indirectly, a human to come to harm?

Has he hurt humans while defending his race?

BONUS!!: Is he big and brown? Does he have black horns and exposed wire guts? Does he shoot 3 consecutive rockets from his legs?

Jaxxoon R said:

Your... eye broke?

Are you... are you a cyborg, bro?

Ironically I could say something SUmilar about my eye, take it with a grain of salt.

Mmmmm, Eggo waffles-- wait what? Legos? Legoland?

Nah I'm good.

Jaxxoon R said:

Your... eye broke?

Are you... are you a cyborg, bro?

Perfectly reasonable term for a detached retina. It's basically a structural/mechanical failure. It's done that four times. Now that eye has other issues too. Roller coasters are a bad plan for the foreseeable future. So is almost everything fun to ride.

I used to have a huge interest in building with legos when I was young. I've built giant robots, houses, gas stations, police departments, spaceships, and more. I had dreams of finishing an entire city and taking a photo to send into Lego Magazine. I began to lose interest in the late 90's when new lego sets were deviating too heavily into movie-themes instead of basic conventional things like they used to. The newer sets were filled with pieces that are useless for anything other than what the directions told you to use them for.

Many of the early 90's late 80's sets would include instructions on how to build the displayed thing, but on the back, also showed alternate things you could build with the same pieces. Lego's aren't quite as interchangeable now, and the large tubs with the colorful basic parts are a little too simple to create anything very exciting with.

I've saved all my legos I had when I was young in a cardboard box and stored them safely in my basement for my kids to play with when I reach that stage in my life. I don't really trust the current status of the Lego company to deliver an experience today similar to my own back then. I believe I owe a lot of my interests and knowledge in imagining video game level designs to building things with legos. I hope in playing with them, I can show my kids how fun and easy it is to create something out of nothing with legos.

Early 90s LEGO was sweet. Modern LEGO is much nicer than the late-90s stuff. The giant, single-use pieces are really uncommon now.

Hellbent said:

HOORAY!!!!!

When will iD make Doomworld? I mean Doomland? It can be full of shooting galleries, roller coasters and horror houses.

geo said:

It can be full of high tech infested corridors , space ships, and portals into hell.

FTFY :P