Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
C30N9

How do I transfer from one Nokia mobile to another

My old mobile's screen got crashed. Although it works fine, I can't see what I'm doing on it so I had to switch my SIM card to another mobile. I really need to get the old contacts so how do I get them since I can't see them?

Depends on the type of the mobile. It might be a too old model to even have USB connectivity, and if contacts were not saved on the SIM card by default, you might have a very hard time getting them out, especially in bulk.

However, almost all Nokia dumbphones have a very neat menu system, which can be navigated blindly with numerical keys: if you get the manual and find in which submenu a "copy to SIM" or similar function is found, you may be able to navigate there blindly and activate it.

I'm certain they would be able to do that at any Nokia phone store for free if you take the phones to them and ask to transfer the contacts.

C30N9 said:

My old mobile's screen got crashed. Although it works fine, I can't see what I'm doing on it so I had to switch my SIM card to another mobile. I really need to get the old contacts so how do I get them since I can't see them?

How cool is that! The exact same thing just happened to my Nokia!

printz said:

How cool is that! The exact same thing just happened to my Nokia!

If you threw your phone out of anger then our roads are certainly the same.

C30N9 said:

It does support USB connectivity.

Then all that's left to do is find some Nokia software which will let you manage your phones directly from the PC, and use it to make backups/restores of your contacts. Of course, finding the software and making it work may be hard enough, especially if it doesn't play nice with modern Windows.

Kirby said:

I'm certain they would be able to do that at any Nokia phone store for free if you take the phones to them and ask to transfer the contacts.

This is true. Take your phone in to one of your cell carrier's stores and ask them to transfer contacts. They have a neat device that is designed to transfer contact data from any one phone to any other phone. I did this years ago at an AT&T store, where they managed to move all the contacts from my old T-Mobile Samsung flip-phone to a shiny new(-ish) Android.