Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Hadephobia demos [-complevel 9]

PrBoom+ thinks that "hpxx" demos are Hell Revealed pacifists. I guess we'll just deal with that? We're running out of options here.

Is that why Revved got a chaingunner ghost monster? I thought they didn't happen on complevel 9.

Also do we really need to adhere to 8 character long demo names for Boom-format wads? I can't think of a single compatible source port that struggles with longer file names. I give my demos long names for clarity, but is that a problem for anyone?

"haxx" isn't taken I think so we could use that.
And Revved used wrong complevel, i'm not sure which one but stdout.txt says "playing demo with Current PrBoom compatibility".

Melon said:

I give my demos long names for clarity, but is that a problem for anyone?

Not a problem but it would be more convenient (e.g. for collecting demos) if everyone followed the same naming conventions.

i've edited your post a little to further clarify naming conventions.

Map30
Pacifist in 0:39
Nightmare speed in 0:39
Annoyed with the pacifist as I could have had a 0:37 except the leap of switch hitting decided I had no faith :P
Due to a bug in the map, these demos are utterly worthless. So will record on updated version.

hph map30 demos.zip

cannonball said:

Map29 uv speed in 1:07
Weeeeee.... shortcut.
Those archies have shortened my lifespan by a couple of years

Pretty sure this shortcut is going to get fixed, it was found during testing and fixed, but somehow unfixed itself before the final release. I demonstrated it in this thread over a month ago. Purist is just holding off releasing a bugfix wad until after the megawad club has finished.

Good job turning it into a UV Speed though.

In other MAP29 exploity nonsense, here's another nomonsters demo showcasing a third jump I found during testing that can be used in a slightly roundabout way to skip the red key. Obviously not useful if the super-exploity shortcut remains of course.

ha29o149.zip

I'm not planning to revise MAP29 and fix that shortcut. I have pretty much finished with the revision and I'm only really interested in fixing what I'd describe as critical or fatal bugs. I actually like it when levels have shortcuts.

For info here are the amendments:

MAP15: Fixed a broken monster warp that had prevented 100% kills
MAP22: Fixed two broken monster closets that had prevented 100% kills
MAP24: Removed secret tag error that had prevented 100% secrets
MAP30: Fixed a broken monster warp that had prevented 100% kills
MAP30: I MIGHT make this map a bit harder if there's a simple solution
MAP33: Fixed a broken trigger that caused the player to get stuck in some ports
CREDIT TXT: Fixed a couple of errors. If you know the music used in MAP31 please let me know.
WAD: Added CWILVxx graphics for MAP33-35 to stop crashing PRBoom+

This is all I have planned. Contrary to prevailing myths the /idgames release was always meant to be final and these changes are only taking place for demo purposes. I don't want a Interception style second beta phase.

Ah OK, I'd assumed such a massive skip something you'd fix given you were updating the wad anyway, and considering it had been fixed before.

In other news, here's a MAP11 pacifist in 1:47.

ha11p147.zip

Map09 Nomonsters 100% Secrets in 1:16.

Just a quickly-recorded route demonstration. The main idea is a little jump at the start to remove the need for the red key, while I added a second jump to reach one of the secret areas.

ha09o116.zip

Bumping for the new Hadephobia upload, which is now on /idgames:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=17105

Changelog is as follows:

CREDIT: MAP04 music credit corrected
MAP15: 100% kills is now possible
MAP22: 100% kills is now possible
MAP24: 100% secrets is now possible
MAP30: 100% kills is now possible
MAP30: Several thing placement changes to make it more challenging

This update is mainly for those wising to do speedruns. With the possible exception of MAP30 other players are not likely to notice the difference. The demos already recorded here should not be desynced other than Cannonball's MAP30 run for obvious reasons.

Map30 Pacifist in 0:38
Heh this is neither the old or new version, must have accidentally recorded this on a version between the two so this demo is about as dead as the last one :P

ha30p-038.zip

Heh, was just coming here to say so. You had me scratching my head for a while.

I bet you used the temporary version I posted on the DWMW Club thread for suggestions.

LingtheDoomGuy said:

UV-Speed in 0:49 (Pacifist?)
NM-Speed in 0:52 (Pacifist?)

Can these speedruns in the attachment be considered pacifist speedruns?

In this case you don't fire weapons and I don't see any telefrags, so yes, they are pacifist without any doubt.
In dubious cases, this would be my procedure for checking:

1. Get player 1 ID
a. Load the WAD and map (MAP32) in Doombuilder.
b. look for "Thing Type" enter "1" (player 1 start thing)
c. write down or memorize the ID number. In this case you get two numbers, 803 and 1685; this is common in Boom WADs. Always get the highest number. Note that in 90% of the cases it's 0 or 1.

2. Check if the player has done damage using -trace_givendamage prboom+ parameter
a. run the game with

prboom-plus -file h_phobia -playdemo hp32uvspeed -trace_givendamage 1685
b. look for the damage indicator, if it stays 0/0 until the end of the demo, the player has not done any damage to monsters, so it is a valid Pacifist run.

Map 02 UV-Max in 1:10

Only a 5 second improvement, but I think the route is a lot faster. I don't see why a skilled combatant couldn't push sub 1 if they really wanted to grind it. Anyway I hated this run :D

hph03kraf.zip