Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Humanity

ISIS Beheads U.S. Journalist James Foley

I have seen the uncensored version somehow...
The beheading is not one resulting in near instant death, a damn small army knife is used to do it. Slow and painfull...

It is what happens in a war and those fighting it, people should never forget that war involves violence, blood, mutilation, and more.
War is never the political ideal without ''war crimes'' or there wouldnt be war in the first place.

Warzone journalism comes with a price, a price of lost safety and no guarantee in any way that you return alive and well.
It is sad for the family and friends of that man, but ...

James Foley took his death like a man. He knew it was coming to him and yet it didn't seem to frighten him in the moments before his death.

War is war, and this is what happens. Condolences for his families. However, I doubt that Obama will do much about it, in terms of military actions in the mid east.

Video has been circulating for a few hours now. I have not taken the opportunity to watch nor will I. Waiting for confirmation from the major news sources to see what will happen.

I never have and never will approve of war, despite what reasons may be behind it. In what short time I have lived on this planet I cannot help but repeat what Gandhi said many years ago:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

There may not be any right or immediate solution to what is happening, but for anything and everything that makes me who I am I wish and pray that we learn to end all of this madness.

Kirby said:

I cannot help but repeat what Gandhi said many years ago

While I agree with the quote you posted, I think it's worth noting that Gandhi was a hypocrite. His first plan of action was violent rebellion, he only resorted to peace once he realized that he didn't have the means to physically fight back. He was also somewhat of a bigot.

Sodaholic said:

He was also somewhat of a bigot.

Ghandi absolutely despised African people, typically referring to them as "Khafirs" (the equivalent of a certain politically incorrect word that I probably would never be able to live down if I said). The proof is right in a newsletter that he used to publish in multiple different languages.

Sodaholic said:
While I agree with the quote you posted, I think it's worth noting that Gandhi was a hypocrite. His first plan of action was violent rebellion, he only resorted to peace once he realized that he didn't have the means to physically fight back. He was also somewhat of a bigot.

He was just an upper-class Indian person. Let us not forget that people aren't born with an innate sense of goodness and that they aren't blind to experience. If being a non-hypocrite meant not contradicting ourselves, most people would suck hopelessly all their lives unless they were born lucky enough to be brought up in a very fortunate enlightened environment.

Saying "he just went for pacifism 'cause he couldn't whack them" simply takes a shit on the efforts of millions of people who worked hard to improve the world based on their unfortunate experiences.

Practically any person has to be placed in certain places and passed through certain experiences, which include learning from failures and one's own weakness, to really shine.

Linkrulezall said:

(the equivalent of a certain politically incorrect word that I probably would never be able to live down if I said)

Yeah, you do that, honky. Only a nigga can call another nigga a nigga, nigga.

Linkrulezall said:

(the equivalent of a certain politically incorrect word that I probably would never be able to live down if I said)

This is the whitest thing I've heard all month.

Didn't see the video; don't want to. I remember seeing the one of the U.S. solider back when it first happened in the early 2000s. I think that was a very shocking moment back then. Everyone was talking about it. Some felt guilty for wanting to actually see it. But as tragic as this story is, now that its happened a bunch of times since then, the American public is not that phased by it. Not that people want to be callous, but probably because they are dulled to this sort of thing. Everyone I've spoken has talked about how horrible it was, but not with the same air of surprise. I guess they now understand this sort of thing happens over there.

Linkrulezall said:

(the equivalent of a certain politically incorrect word that I probably would never be able to live down if I said).

Ladies and gentlemen, Moral Orel.

imp1979 said:

Where did you see the video?

Last time I posted links I got loser'd so instead I'll say this: try a website that starts with Best and ends with Gore. Very graphic place you have been warned.

Mr. Freeze said:

This is the whitest thing I've heard all month.

And I'm technically not even white. Maybe I'm just paranoid (as usual) about the moral crusaders coming back to bite me in the ass down the road.

Linkrulezall said:

And I'm technically not even white. Maybe I'm just paranoid (as usual) about the moral crusaders coming back to bite me in the ass down the road.

Not sure what's more pathetic: the people in this thread trying to mock you for not using a racial epithet or this response.

Come on man, find some backbone. There's a reason I don't use racist words. It's not because I'm afraid that the "moral crusaders" are going to come to get me. It's because I'm not a fucking racist.

Off topic: Words have as much power as you choose to give them.

On topic: No matter how good the intentions of the US government or any other world power are, there actions in the Middle East will only result in the death of their own people and countless innocent people in the
Middle East. This isn't the first time we have seen this kind of retaliation and if people don't face facts, it won't be the last time.

Also, you can't win a war against something like an Islamic State, because you can't win a war against a belief or idea. Even if the US government and the Kurdish people fighting against ISIS managed to wipe ISIS off the map, it's only a matter of time before another group takes it's place. Because it only takes one person so spread the idea and/or belief of a Islamic State to restart the cycle. You would think that the America people would see that after seeing billions of dollars wasted and life lost trying to fight a never ending war. All you have to do is look at the conflicts for fuck sake. You are talking about wars the have been waging long before any of us was born.

fraggle said:

There's a reason I don't use racist words. It's not because I'm afraid that the "moral crusaders" are going to come to get me. It's because I'm not a fucking racist.

Quoting fraggle for rightness.

fraggle said:

Come on man, find some backbone. There's a reason I don't use racist words. It's not because I'm afraid that the "moral crusaders" are going to come to get me. It's because I'm not a fucking racist.

You're totally right. In hindsight, I could've just pointed to the context in response to any calls of racism. Either way, what's done is done and at this point editing the post would just end up looking like me trying to cover my ass (because that's exactly what it would be).

Now let's all get the thread back on-topic and forget about this mistake on my part.

Now let's all get the thread back on-topic

Heh, heh... So I hear the video's fake. Same knife isn't even used in both shots.

WACK UP PPL!

The US government is now officially considering the beheading a direct attack on the United States......oh shit....Syria, watch out. And fuck you Russia, you better fucking step aside.

Coopersville said:

Heh, heh... So I hear the video's fake. Same knife isn't even used in both shots.

WACK UP PPL!

I saw the video, and it was rather suspicious that they didn't show the actual beheading and just faded to black after a few passes of the knife and then cut back to a still shot of the body with the head on top. Maybe there's a more convincing video out there, but I haven't seen it.

On the news here they where insinuating and claiming the perp who supposedly cut of the head is from 'europe' or came from europe based upon his english accent...
It is almost as if they are looking for an excuse to lock down on the people beyond the scope of the problem...

a politician ; 'we have a problem with islam based radicalisation here'

as far as i know most people would be easy to convince into hating, and rejecting them. I would go as far as claiming it would be easy to invoke violence against them.

edit ;
the mistakes i forgot to edit out have been fixed.
Sorry to the quoter. :-)

Linkrulezall said:

I saw the video, and it was rather suspicious that they didn't show the actual beheading and just faded to black after a few passes of the knife and then cut back to a still shot of the body with the head on top.

I agree that was pretty suspicious. However, I've seen quite a few beheading videos and the murmur he made while his throat was being cut is pretty consistent with full beheading footage (the beginning of cut windpipes.)

fraggle said:

No links to the video please.

And no requests for PMs with links to the video either.

Linkrulezall said:

I saw the video, and it was rather suspicious that they didn't show the actual beheading and just faded to black after a few passes of the knife and then cut back to a still shot of the body with the head on top. Maybe there's a more convincing video out there, but I haven't seen it.

Tsk, modern terrorists... they don't make them like they used to.