Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danfun64

bits bits bits (and orces, thousands of orces)

punny title aside, I am having trouble with bits in dehacked.

As some of you know I have been experimenting with "clean/censored" dehacked files for freedoom. Here is it's current version for freedoom (not freedm)

http://pastebin.com/ieEQu6nA

In odamex, there is no blood, however, in prboom+, boom, and chocolate doom, I get a strange mixture of blood and torch things.

What is wrong with the bits for this noblood effect?

You're forgetting that blood splats (FYI, you shouldn't change them to something that never disappears, and I'm baffled as to why you'd change them to torches in the first place) only use their defined spawn frame for high damage impacts (damage > 12 or crushers). Otherwise frames 91 (for damage between 9 and 12) or 92 (damage < 9) are used, and this cannot be changed in DeHackEd, though you can of course change the frames themselves.

I don't want to change them to torches. That's part of the problem. I want to remove the blood splats completely.

Danfun64 said:

I don't want to change them to torches. That's part of the problem. I want to remove the blood splats completely.

The simplest method is often the best. Don't change the bits of any monsters, and don't change the blood splat frames. Just give blood splats (thing 39) bits 24 (total invisibilty + can't be hit).

Foxpup said:

You're forgetting that blood splats (FYI, you shouldn't change them to something that never disappears, and I'm baffled as to why you'd change them to torches in the first place) only use their defined spawn frame for high damage impacts (damage > 12 or crushers). Otherwise frames 91 (for damage between 9 and 12) or 92 (damage < 9) are used, and this cannot be changed in DeHackEd, though you can of course change the frames themselves.

Woah, really? I never knew this.

if (damage <= 12 && damage >= 9)
    P_SetMobjState (th,S_BLOOD2);
  else if (damage < 9)
    P_SetMobjState (th,S_BLOOD3);
I'll be damned..