Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Innocence: The New Technology Community Project

Innocence The New Technology Community Project

What is Innocence The New Technology?

Innocence: The New Technology is the fourth Edition to the Innocence Series. In the Spirit of TNT: Evilution I made this a community Project.
8 maps have already be made for the set and we need 6 more maps to finish.

General Guidelines

-We are looking for 2 Tech Bases and 8 Hellish bases

-The Best Maps will end up in the project (The Best 2 Tech Bases and Best 8 Hellish bases), Judging will be made by the Original team

-Make observations in the thread so that other people may discuss them and agree/disagree with them.

-Be willing to listen to feedback and rework things as needed, no one is immune from this not even me.

-when submitting multiple maps, do not submit them all as one lump, break them up and submit them as individual wads and do not include the new resources, Just the Maps.

-Also when Submitting a map, be sure to say what it's theme is (Tech, Hellish) and the mapname.

-Deadline for submissions is September 25th and after that will be final Judging.

-Have fun.

Map Guidelines

- Maps will be for ZDoom (either Doom Format, Hexen Format or UDMF your choice) for the Doom II IWAD.

- Maps Will use the resource Wads below

- Keep the map detail simple and the size not overly large.

- Difficulty needs to be mid to mid-High difficulty (i.e. Maps 12-25 of DooM II maps difficult), The gameplay balance with Ammo, Weapons and Monsters should match accordingly

- Keep the Secret counts low maybe 4 - 5 secrets.

Resource Wads
RESOURCE WADS DOWNLOAD

There are 2 wads in the pack: A Texture pack and a Monsters Pack.

The Textures pack is basically a selection of Plutonia Textures

The Monsters Pack add a new monster: The Nightmare imp, It also changes the behavior of the Baron of Hell, Cyberdemon, and Spiderdemon.

-The Baron now shoots Spreadshot and is slightly faster.
-The Cyberdemon Shoots continuously and in every three shots it will shoot of center.
-The Spiderdemon is faster and does more damage.

Maps Submissions:

What I've made so far

Tech Base:
Mars of Destruction(Map01) - Jazzmaster9
Stardust Crusaders(Map02) - Jazzmaster9
Hyperdimension Neptunia(Map05) - Jazzmaster9

Hellish:
Caco's Delivery Service (Map 03) - PRIMEVAL
Howl's Moving Castle (Map 04) - Jazzmaster9
Tales From Earthsea (Map 06) - Jazzmaster9
Resurrection(Map 08, the Final Level) - Jazzmaster9
Innocence Faded (Map 07) - Jimmy

Just played the map, the new resources aren't showing up, but I would be down to maybe attempt to make a map for this. :)
I won't be that good, so if you need testers I could do that as well.

Clusterone666 said:

Just played the map, the new resources aren't showing up,

You need to load my map wads with the Texture wad.

Clusterone666 said:

I won't be that good, so if you need testers I could do that as well.

Once the deadline is done, I'll give you the copy of the maps to playtest.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

If you're making the maps Doom in Doom format there's no reason to use Zdoom, you should make this pack Boom compatible.

Well the set will use custom monster so we need Zdoom for this, and I want to give more options for people who do want to use some Zdoom features here and there. My maps are in Zdoom (Doom in Doom format) We want to keep it consistent.

People can use some funky ZDoom features in Doom format, including 3D floors. Even scripts! Sure you can't have a BEHAVIOR lump, but you can work around that and even FraggleScript. And if the line special you want to use isn't available in Doom format, you can make it available!

Using Doom format does not really restrict features if someone is determined enough to use them. It just makes them more complicated to use.

Gez said:

People can use some funky ZDoom features in Doom format, including 3D floors. Even scripts! Sure you can't have a BEHAVIOR lump, but you can work around that and even FraggleScript. And if the line special you want to use isn't available in Doom format, you can make it available!

Using Doom format does not really restrict features if someone is determined enough to use them. It just makes them more complicated to use.

Well we want it to be as easy as possible for the mappers to well... make maps. that's why i chose Zdoom in Doom format instead of Hexen format, since Doom in Doom format is not gonna be as complex as the later.

Tango said:

isn't hexen format basically obsolete because of udmf?

Pretty much, but i'm using doom format for this project.