Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NuMetalManiak

Former VA Governor McDonnell found guilty of corruption

I want to know what they did for the CEO guy. What can a governor do to inspire him to give that much stuff? Is it something governors shouldn't be able to do?

Getsu Fune said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jury-virginia-gov-bob-mcdonnell-guilty-corruption/story?id=25250287

they just had the guilty verdict today. looks like his political career is over.

Oh don't worry about him. He will take a multi-million dollar job at at a lobbying firm. Because that's what pretty much every elected official does after they leave or are forced out of office.

TheCupboard said:

That's quite bad behavior as a public servant. I'm sorry if you live in that state country.

FTFY

Find me a state in the US without major political corruption behind the scenes (and all of the negative consequences impacting society resulting from said corruption).

Aliotroph? said:

I want to know what they did for the CEO guy. What can a governor do to inspire him to give that much stuff? Is it something governors shouldn't be able to do?

$177k sounds like pocket change given over time. Wouldn't be surprised if they were dumb enough to not even consider such favors as corruption.

LOL. Italian and Greek politicians LAUGH at how easily Anglo-Saxon politicans are indicted and condemned, and for what laughably puny amounts. $177K is really pocket change, your average country town mayor or municipal consultant in Greece gets to handle (and usurp) much more money than that during a single financial quarter. A full-fledged MP or region governor "flied" in the 10s of millions of Euros region. In general, there's a lot of black, tax-free money to be made for whoever isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, and has an immense nerve.

Sodaholic said:

Find me a state in the US without major political corruption behind the scenes (and all of the negative consequences impacting society resulting from said corruption).

Nebraska, Vermont, Oregon & Washington, generally speaking.

Just like so many IL governors. Maybe his wife will go on a reality show like our last governor's wife did.