Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyRaptor

Imp Art

Hey there... I've been lurking for damn near six months and I finally decided to start posting.

I started playing Doom when it came out, and I'm a hard-core keyboarder (yeah, I know, I suck). A little over a year ago I met a guy named TonicBH (some of the older members might remember him; hell, he might still be around for all I know) in a non-Doom related chatroom, and he sort of rekindled my interest in Doom. I got Collector's Doom for Christmas and the rest is history, or something.

Anyway, you're not here for my life story, you're here for the art, right? Right. I'm gonna link to it because for one it's too large to be tagged, and it's on Geocities (unfortunately) so i can't tag it anyway. It's an Imp, and I'm probably going to draw the rest of the monsters (including console game monsters) and the Doomguy in time.

And finally, here's the damn link: http://www.geocities.com/cyraptorart/imp.html
Please LMKWYT.

Cool!
I see you've been inspired by dinosaurs eh?
That thing is great - looks like taken straight out of the game (the old ones that is) but with more details.

Wow, some really nice work there dude. I think my only criticism is that it's right arm joins the body too 'high', if you know what i mean? I don't know if you meant to exclude large amounts of shading, but at any rate it lends the Imp a comic-book appeal

Well done! You're enthusing me to get on with my re-designs of the Arch-Vile and Mancubus...

It's cool. I like the shoulder spikes and the head is really good.

But the abdomen looks rather weird to me. More reptilian/bird'ish than human.

Thanks for the compliments, guys... I'm working on a Mancubus now so that should be up tomorrow.

Spike: I colored it in PSP 7 using a brush at 40% opacity so a bit of detail and shading was lost under the color. I'll try to fix that when I do the Manc.