Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tarkus

Any good texture wads?

Like the subject implies, are there any good texture wads out there? I'm going to creat a megawad over the next while and I'd like some textures to screw about with... I'm no artist, so I'm kind of at a loss...

any thoughts?

I'll be making one more in the vein of the original Doom series... basically a dark, rustic texture set would be nice... However, tech stuff is nice too :D...

[edit] Oh, and any decent texture tools?

Trust me, I know... I've had my work stolen a few times... although nothing to do with gaming.

Ummm, another quick question... What node builder should I use? I'm using BSP 3.0 right now...
Oh, and what's the WAD entry for the startup screen?

Tarkus said:

Like the subject implies, are there any good texture wads out there?

Check out the Graphics folder in the ftp:/.../idgames archives. The text files will tell you what kind of textures there are. Also, go into the Themes folder of the archives and see what kind of textures you're interested in.

Another option might be teamtnt.com look for the retres.wad, 11 megs unzipped, contains all of the Eternal Doom graphics and sprites.

There are also some mummy textures and celtic textures available at the site mentioned above by Rex.

As far as nodes builders BSP 5 is available. I use registered Deepsea, I have never had a problem with it.