Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Are your dreams symbolic or just insane?

I have, over the last two years, written 18 dream entries on Facebook Notes. It's definitely the easiest way for me to start furiously typing up what I can remember after dreaming. Also, it's fun to freak out my friends by posting the dreams, because every single one of them is batshit crazy. Whenever my girlfriend tells me about her dreams, they're beautifully poetic and symbolic. They seem to be a reflection of what she's going through at the time. Me? Hardly ever. I once dreamt that a drunken Mickey Mouse turned into Charlie Chaplin, who turned into Mark Twain in drag and went to go see a dirty movie starring a pig woman who literally leapt out of the screen; meanwhile, the whole thing was a 1930s black-and-white cartoon, which is funny because 99.99% of my dreams are in color. This makes no sense. This teaches me nothing about my problems. Not that it needs to. I love weird dreams.

I probably have animated dreams twice a month if not more. I dream about 90s celebrities I don't care about. My erotic dreams would make William S. Burroughs blush. I wonder if it's because I'm a little nutty myself, always focused on the weird and rarely the run-of-the-mill. What about you? Do your dreams attempt to reflect inner struggles or heavy situations? Or are they random, creepy and silly like mine?

Most, if not all of my dreams, either revolve around a terrifying nuclear holocaust, or end up being the most mundane, boring dreams possible. I've had dreams which are even less exciting than the most inactive day you can imagine, such as ordering and receiving a new toaster, only to discover it requires a continental power socket.

I am not making this up.

I had a dream I was being attacked by a mob of people the other day. Recently, I also had a dream that my dead uncle came to visit me. He asked how I was doing, and I replied that I was doing well.

Almost all of my dreams are directly related to my anxiety\insecurity. Typically they are about me getting in humilating\embarassing situations, like having to redo school from the 9th grade for some reason or appearing in the subway almost naked. I can often explain them well, like the school stuff is obviously caused by me failing at the university more than once. Or, not so long ago I watched an anime episode with some disturbing insect scenes, so of course that night I saw an unpleasant dream about hornets appearing in my room. Not sure yet how to explain the subway one though.

Paging Tarnsman and Alfonzo to this thread. :D

I don't remember my dreams that often - the ones I do are frequently just unpleasant, bordering on nightmarish, but I've not had a nightmare I actually felt deeply traumatized by for a good while. In the last one I had of that kind, I had giant tusks that everyone wanted to chew on because they tasted like 10 different flavors of zombie, and I had like seven people around me chewing the gristle off them and slobbering all over me. This, coupled with a bunch of false awakenings which had me trapped in the dream for a good while, was one of the most unsettling experiences of my life, and I woke up at 4am, seriously creeped out.

Most of the time, my dreams are similar to your apocalyptic ones, BaronOfStuff, in that I usually dream about aeroplanes crashing or exploding, or bombs going off. Those two things used to be my biggest fears when I was young but I guess they've kind of stuck with me in my subconscious. A lot of these dreams feature ungodly loud noises as the plane rushes over my head, and then explodes in the distance, and I seem to get these pretty regularly. I think it's exploding head syndrome.

Other dreams involve me being lost in a school or house I'm unfamiliar with, usually trying to find a classroom, more often than not bumping into classmates from several schools ago. Very occasionally I get dreams about getting stuck in a game, and being unable to save or quit it. For some reason it's most often Duke Nukem 3D, and it sometimes involves being chased by one of the bosses (usually the Cycloid Emperor, although all of them used to terrify me as a kid, especially if they popped up in a user map unexpectedly).

Other dreams I've had of that nature involve getting chased by bees, or covered in horrible blisters, or ants crawling over my groin, or getting stabbed in the spine by a lunatic with a large hypodermic syringe, or whatever manner of generally extremely unpleasant things happening to me.

The other night I had a dream that I farted so hard I created a gaping hole in my ass. I, er... yeah.

Only sometimes are my dreams amusing. The one I remember most fondly is a clown's house being blown up with dynamite, and he ran out as it crumbled, while screaming obscenities (in a very John Cleese fashion) at the people who did it and chased them off. Then recently I had one that involved Louis C.K. beating up a schoolkid because he was being an obnoxious bullying little shit, while a bunch of the other kids recorded the fight with their phones.

Speaking of which, dreams involving celebrities are pretty rare for me but they happen. I once had one that involved meeting Matt Bellamy from Muse, John Cleese and Charlie Brooker in the same café. Then some months later, for some reason I had another one that featured Robert Downey Jr in a tractor, meeting him in a children's playground after my dad and I broke into it to steal the swings, and he told us both about how he was going to take a 25-year break from acting. In another, I met all of Dream Theater, in some small Italian town.

Then earlier this year, I had a dream that involved me stabbing Tony Goldwyn with his own knife and then decapitating him with a giant axe (to be fair, he was going to murder me). Then there was an uprising of possessed mailboxes, and this ended with me in a car driven by Jason Manford, and we were being followed by Moss from the IT Crowd riding his bicycle, who had just bought a giant mailbox which he was now being pursued by. Then Jason crashed the car and we both died. I remember looking up to this random woman before I died, my last words being "do us all a favor - never take mailboxes for granted".

So now you know how fucked up my subconscious is.

I do keep a log of my most interesting dreams, and here are some of the more entertaining ones:

Spoiler

I have a dream within a dream, but it was real as hell. I turn my computer on and find that it's back to its factory defaults. My hard drive is as if I never touched it, and all my Doom projects and MIDIs are gone, forever. I repeat the words "fuck" and "shit" for about 2 whole minutes before actually breaking down in tears. Then I wake up (but I'm still dreaming). Feeling emotionally exhausted, but relieved that it was just a dream, I get out of bed and go into the kitchen, where my mother is making mashed potatoes - with ants in it. I look at her, and without me even saying anything, she just asks, knowingly "It was just a dream, then?" I nod and just slump down at the kitchen table, still feeling traumatized, and she offers the mashed potato to me as consolation, and I try to point out that it has ants in it, but she ignores me, so I have to pick the ants out with my fingers before eating it. Then I actually wake up.

Spoiler

I was at a train station and I was running around as a stick figure because I was attempting to “rewrite my character”, as I was sick of my old personality. I’d previously completed about six different trials which would’ve given me six different characters already, but I wanted to collect all seven personality traits - this would apparently put me in the running of the position of leader of this strange world. I turned into a different person every time I changed personality (although I didn’t change appearance or height or anything). I was collecting my sixth personality, “protective”, and for some reason my voice had changed to a really convincing Duke Nukem one. I demonstrated this protective trait by saving a girl from my uni class from a falling ceiling. She said “I know who I’m electing as our new leader”. Then I had to rescue another guy from almost certain death after he dropped his phone onto the tracks, went to go and get it, and got stuck. He wriggled his own way out, but I quickly reached down for his phone before another train came. My task as “protective” complete, I returned to stick figure form, and it was then time for me to go for the “aggressive” (fearless) one, which featured me having to parkour my way around the train station, avoiding the incoming trains and getting onto one by bypassing the ticket system. I guess in this role I was either acting like Neo from the Matrix, or maybe Beatrice from Divergent. I was mostly successful in navigating the station, avoiding security as well as the trains, until I tried to help an old lady get through a gap before she was either swallowed up by the crowd or pinned against a wall by a passing miniature bus, and she slowed my progress enough for security to catch up to me. I then grasped onto some questionably-designed railings and helter-skeltered my way down them just out of their reach. Then for some reason I slipped - I’d caught sight of what was a very clearly labelled and colorful “power couplings” box the station apparently used to fool other takers of this test - presumably the “smart” ones whose goal it is to disable the station’s power and have to work out where the real power couplings are located. I slipped and fell onto the tracks, which for some reason I saw outside of my body, like I’d been playing a video game all this time and that was my “death cam”. I’d failed the test, and I reappeared in the train station as plain old me with my iPad as if nothing had happened - and I tweeted angrily about how I’d really wanted to conquer Mermadia, but struggled trying to word my frustration in 140 characters or less.

Spoiler

Coming back from some kind of self-improvement seminar, I realize I’ve taken the large bar stool I sat on with me. I put it with other stuff in my closet I’ve apparently absent-mindedly pilfered from this seminar in the last three days - a large raincoat and a pencil (which supposedly totals $1,700) - and apparently also an autistic girl who thinks she’s a cat, and has been locked in my closet for months (yes, massive time inconsistency), her only means of communication with the outside world being angry Facebook posts. We get her out, I apologize profusely, and then I meet her father/uncle who throws my jeans and wallet into the sea. I get so mad at him I punch his head repeatedly until it explodes.

Spoiler

I’m sitting at the back of a lecture hall when one of my classmates annoys the lecturer by coming in like 5 minutes late, walking out, then back in, then sitting down without paying attention to what he’s saying, or without moving to the front of the class when he’s asked to do so. My lecturer is a short elderly Indian guy who looks a bit like my old doctor. He proceeds to get really angry at the whole class, then tells us all about these “emotion detectors” he’s had installed in the seats, which are basically the blue UAC logo, and that he can change our emotions just like that. I say I don’t believe him, so he activates the one in my seat, and he tries to instill the emotion of “listening” in me. I counter this by looking away from him and drowning out what he’s saying. Then I hear that he tries to instill me with the emotion of “nakedness”, and I look down at myself but all my clothes are still there. I get really confrontational with the lecturer and say these aren’t real emotions, so he keeps trying, and the one he tries next is “health”, to no discernable effect. And then he tries “fear”. And at this point I can feel the dream slipping out of my control – the guy next to me (he’s a guy I hated from like two schools ago) says “how’s this for fear” and he lights a match and throws it down on the carpet next to me, and it creates a fire which spawns a spider which starts swarming with bees that fill the lecture hall, so at that point I reason that my dream is gonna go full nightmare, and I just run out of the lecture hall, across campus, across a field, at some point I have to traverse some monkey bars, and then run again, but then I start running really slowly. And then the last few seconds of my dream was me watching all this like it was an all-new episode of The Simpsons, and I was Groundskeeper Willie, and he jumped off a car and somersaulted in mid-air in slow-motion. And then I woke up.

I really don't dream at all unless I wake up and fall asleep again. Then I dream. Or recall my dreams.

I've studied my gf's dreams and basically it boils down to something happened in her day and it seeped into her dream. Every time she tells me a dream, I tell her that happened to you yesterday.

5 years ago, I had a girlfriend that used to talk in her sleep. Like instantly talk where I thought she was really awake messing with me.

While watching Divorce Court there was a woman divorcing her husband because she kept having dreams he was cheating. The husband was adamant that he never cheated ever, how could I cheat when I have a hot wife like that? She even admitted she had no proof, just her dreams.

Jimmy, you're awesome. I haven't read the spoilers yet, but your dreams made me literally laugh out loud. Great stuff. I have insane dreams like that too. I also dream about having to repeat high school or even elementary school as an adult. Strangely, in many of my older "having to go back to fuckin' school" dreams, I would realize I was dreaming, and attempt to dry-rape any females I could find, regardless of age. About 95% of the time, women in my dreams reject me, so I have to be pretty forceful about teh rapage. Which is pretty disturbing to me, since I'm about as anti-rape as they come. As I've gotten older, I've stopped trying to molest dream women so much, and in the dreams about school, instead of repeating it, I'm a teacher.

I had a dream the other day where I for some reason had bronze antlers attached to my head and the world seemed like Minecraft or Pokemon with some locations which looked like they were real, for some reason the antlers came off my head and got lost and I had itchy spots where the antlers once were. This was one of my weirdest dreams to say the least.

GoatLord said:

I once had a dream that was actually a stupidly clever pun: I was stuck on Dune, with the Spice Girls.

Kinda gives a new meaning to the phrase, "The Spice must flow."

Dreams are an interesting phenomenon. Seems I'm the only one amongst my friends that always dreams while asleep (thought this was normal, but I guess not..). I don't tend to remember much about them, but there are always moments that stand out, and these tend to be roughly as the dream comes to a close. This makes sense, as I understand that dreams are caused by increased brain activity, and obviously as you wake up, the brain is basically functioning normally.
From what I remember of them, they tend to be mixed in their content. Perhaps not so much insane, but certainly some weird stuff generally occurs. Wacky versions of recent events sometimes occur, and not so much any more, but fantastical stuff would turn up every now and then. None of those fantastical ones are included in the examples below, so be thankful for that.

Some examples:

Spoiler

2001, Eris age: 4
I was walking up the stairs in my house, and I turned round and saw the old man a few doors along rushing up behind me. Strange thing was, he was half-elephant... I ran as fast as I could up the stairs, which naturally slowed me down.
Outcome: He ate me.

Spoiler

2003, Eris age: 6
As I entered the exit area of PSX Final Doom's System Control, I saw some canaries in cages instead of the chaingunners. Then somehow,
I was outside some castle, alone. It was foggy. I walked slowly towards the doors, then some creature burst out, and ran at me at full speed. It looked a bit like an Arch-Vile, or possibly a Silence from Doctor Who.
Problem here is, I had never seen an Arch-Vile before, and the doctor who monsters wouldn't exist until 9 years later. Weird.
Outcome: It ate me

Spoiler

2010, Eris age: 13
This one was very premonition-like, and that's possibly why I remember it. Of course, I don't remember much about the dream, or what the two people in it looked like, but the guy was my 17-year-old self (not sure who had done the time-travelling there), and the other one was his girlfriend.
Outcome: Welp...

Spoiler

ZDaemon TNS is pretty damn fun. So fun in fact, I had a dream about it. This was different though. I wasn't sat at a computer. I was one of the marines. So was everyone else. We were playing S.U.P.E.R. Natural, which had just had its final release, so we're talking near future. There were very few monsters, but there was always a constant fear something was about to jump out the shadows and get one of us. We all went different ways around the UAC base, and there were some pretty nifty looking places there.

Some of you reading this will have correctly noted that ZDaemon isn't even close to being capable of running S.U.P.E.R. Natural, and a TNS session on such a WAD probably wouldn't be very fun, though would be interesting to see at least...
The areas "we" saw also had zero resemblance to anything seen in SUPER Natural, but the general mood and look was there. I'll just nick all those places that I remember vividly and stick 'em in Eridian Twilight, if I ever resurrect that.
Outcome: GJ ERIS

Jimmy
The other night I had a dream that I farted so hard I created a gaping hole in my ass. I, er... yeah.

Oh dear god XD. Cue Maes...

I tend to have superpowers in my dreams more often than not. I like to think that it's symbolic for my desire to have superpowers, and if I'm lucky, i'ts prophetic as well. O:

My most recent dream was some dumb game store with cool shit. There were some collectors editions on sale for lots of ancient stuff, like Morrowind. Due to the warping nature of dreams, I undoubtedly got there from something entirely unrelated, but eh, kind of boring. I often dream of alternate scenarios in life that make me not want to wake up or go back to sleep and re-enter it.

One dream I had once though was so surreal I've never forgotten it, a dark city flooded by eternal rain and a black sky, everyone in raincoats and travelling by boat. Really dismal place, everyone felt lifeless and depressed. I got stuck somewhere and had to be picked up by my ex's mother of all people, and since I was still kind of enemies with said girl at the time, in the dream it was a very silent awkward standoffish type of thing. I remember getting encouraged to try to get it all sorted out, and was on the verge of speaking when I woke up.

I later did temporarily mend the relationship and have a sort of ceasefire for a year or two thanks to that dream, and a few others that preceded it (which were similarly themed and seemed to build off the next in a less dismal world), but the first one was unforgettable.

My dreams are like horrible miss mash lumps of ceaseless bullshit thrown together by a demented 5 year old who has an obsession with mosquitoes (and that right there is one of the dreams I remember well).

I mean when snail people from space come down into some crappy level from Spyro (something about some marsh map that I always hated) in teams of Red and Blue who then fight each other by biting the necks of each other in the middle of my old primary school as we (the primary school children) are held hostage by an army of abominations (that I considered monsters as a child) consisting of a Hawaiian Mr Potato Head a dragon and a pissed off mattress with a deep and scary voice (seriously) then you know shit must be going south in my head.

Some dreams I can recall are some really spastic bullshit that my infantile mind must have thought up whilst intoxicated on sugar, here are a few that I remember to this day (For those who actually care):

Spoiler

Some guy working at the local Co-Op kidnapped my brother and turned him into a packet of crisps using a VCR and a microwave, he then chased me down the street with a frying pan in an attempt to make me into a vegetable. I managed to escape him whilst only being able to run faster than a 95 year old who is dead. Upon retreating to my house I then rode some form of bike off of a cliff (?) and felt myself falling (in real life) which promptly woke me up.

Spoiler

I remember one about a giant woman who stole my houses ceiling and wouldn't give it back :(

Spoiler

One where my family moved out without me and I walked into my house only to be promptly mugged by Rupert Bear. After I was attacked in a manner that cannot be described (I don't think my vocabulary could explain the fuckery that involved a lot of looking at the ceiling whilst he ran towards me, the ceiling being where he was coming from and other impossibilities like this), Rupert Bear quite simply vanished and I was left in a field where the sky was green, the clouds purple and the sun gone. Apparently this sky spooked me enough to make a run for it and trip over a refrigerator. Then the dream ended with something to do about egypt and a very pissed off snail person (I used to see those guys a lot in the dreams I can remember).

Spoiler

The Statue of Liberty attacked my primary school (this took place in the UK, I wonder what was going through my mind at this time) with lasers and stuff that involved more lasers and some fire here and there.It was a weird dream as I didn't take part in the event and was just a disembodied camera (sort of). Upon the statue letting out a loud roar I woke up.

Spoiler

I had the horrible dream of grabbing a huge god damn spider by the ass with my left hand (by accident) which it then went absolutely ballistic, I woke up to find that I had grabbed my right hand with my left hand and my right hand had began to flail around violently, safe to say I shit a brick.

Spoiler

As we invaded the Egyptian tomb and had finally found the treasure, I was in a jungle filled with grass and pine trees. There was then a waterfall which some blonde guy (possibly Duke Nukem) fell down as his arms stretched until he became a bridge for me. Without crossing the bridge (possibly forgot that part of the dream?) I was then at primary school again (that place always gets fucked up in my dreams) which had a big tomb in it. Tutankhamun killed my dog and attacked the school as mosquito people also attacked the school (who was defeated by being eaten by my currently dead dog) and a whole bunch of shit went down involving some kind of radio which caused me to fall off of a cliff and land in the position I was sleeping in which caused me to wake (I don't remember much about that dreams ending sequence crap, I'm sure it would have involved space snail people though).

Wow, I don't even want to know about the dreams I forgot about.

Discussion with Eris reminded me of a lucid dream that became a lucid nightmare I had around ten years ago.

I kind of woke up inside my dream and found myself in the middle of absolutely nowhere, woods behind me, empty field before me and to my sides, with more woods in the distance on each side, with nothing in front. And so, confused as to why I was not sleeping in my bed, I wandered forward, through a rocky barren field with a rough flat landscape, dried up patchy brown vegetation, rough rocks and boulders, it was also a sunny day with a blue sky spotted with clouds and rather hot. Eventually, exhausted, I came upon a straight road that went right through this huge empty field. I stood on the edge of the road, wondering again, where the hell I was, how I got here, and what, if anything, I was supposed to do.

Then, out of nowhere, a car is heading for me at full speed, and I jump out of the way before I get run down, falling at the side of the road...which previously unnoticed, is full of sharp debris, broken glass bottles, barbed wire (!?), rusted blades, etc. In dodging the car, I had fallen right into this mess, hands first. My right wrist was brutally ripped open by the junk, and I was screaming in pain, clutching my wrist in absolute terror and disbelief, blood, torn muscle, all that.

Then I woke up screaming, still feeling that pain and for a few seconds that felt like minutes, the real world around me was a confusing blur. The second I had enough awareness to know I was actually home, I instinctively went for a light to look at my wrist. It was reddish and sensitive for the rest of the night. My brain was so fully convinced everything was real that it was registering actual pain signals and reacting to them. I'm amazed nobody heard me yelling D: I had mostly forgotten this until now. Fuck lucid nightmares man, fuck them.

Well, one time I had a dream that was like something out of Silent Hill. When I woke up, I immediately went back to sleep to see if I could finish it. :O

Most of the time, though, I don't dream at all because I'm too tired.

Why does everyone have such fucked up dreams? Has it always been this way? Dreams have always fascinasted me.

Typical things in bad Adam dreams:

- Swarms of insects, any variety
- Driving a car I have no control of
- People ganging up on me for BS reasons
- Ultra-extreme arguments with friends/loved ones
- Being lost in a strange location
- Things being stolen

Typical good things in Adam dreams:

- The ability to fly (or rather, 'float', which seems to take extreme concentration)
- Amazing structures / locations / views
- LOTS of weed (seriously)
- Amazingly unrealistic scenarios, such as multiple bueatiful women fihgting over me (no idea why, I'm not one of those guys who sleeps around or whatever)

Yeah... Weird stuff. Dreams are crazy!

edit: I used to have that 'in public naked' dream a lot, but it's been so long - perhaps partly because I'm more confident these days. The only power I can ever recall having is flight, too.

Didn't we got some dream threads like months ago? Ah, fuck it.

I usually prefer... what would be fitting, null? Dreamless? Or just simple void? Those are great, but they are very rare moments. Some say these are counterproductive, but for me, I usually just wake up to do stuff immediately.

Mostly my dreams forget about in less than minute, and if it was in some sort cliffhanger, it keeps nagging in my mind for some time. And some of them stays too long for my liking, because I have missed something.

And there's been rare moments when I had feeling "Am I dead?" since it felt very sudden, like reality was bent, until I notice that I breathe normally. Dying in dreams usually drop me right into reality, with wild rolling and kicking.

Time to see if I can dream anything productive...

Most of the time, yeah, just insane. But sometimes they're oddly mundane - I used to regularly dream that I was asleep.

my last dream i had I ran out of gas driving on the high way and had to walk home, and didn't get home until a few hours before work the next morning. It was basically a dream of a shitty day, and I was in a shitty mood by the time I woke up.

My wife tends to have pretty terrible dreams where I, our dog, or a close family member dies in some way or another. One time I was shot during a home invasion, and then our dog was eaten by a shark in the same night.

mrthejoshmon said:

I walked into my house only to be promptly mugged by Rupert Bear.

You have no idea how hard I laughed at this :P

The other night I had a dream about Grey aliens and Satan. Images creeped into my psyche whilst at work, you know how you sometimes remember dreams the next day randomly? I figure it was probably all the declassified CIA documents about mind control my wife and I read seeping into my head while asleep that created the dream.

I once had a dream where I was out on the town with a load of my friends, many of whom had long scattered to the four corners of the Earth and were back for a visit. Everything seemed normal, and it was turning into a really great day. Basically, it was just a massive pub-crawl. But it got to the point where we all decided to get something to eat in a cafe. As we left, I looked up towards the City Hall, and that was when I saw the missile coming down.

Then I woke up.

It's kinda funny, but also kinda sad, that the dreams I remember best are the one in which I'm dying.

e.g.

Best example is one where I'm running downstairs from my bedroom, and this big ass airplane is crashing in a field across from my house. I get to the door that goes into my garage, and the garage door is already open. The first thing I see is the big explosion coming my way, and the blast has thrown a San Francisco trolley at me. I wake up upon contact.

I've also had a very strange dream consisting of Disney characters, where I was Aladdin with two of the gnomes of Hunchback, and we were all in Hell together. The (third) tall gnome was in a room above us, pale white and breathing white smoke. I don't remember what he said, but I'm positive it was damning.

A-goody goody:

Spoiler

I had a dream a while back that I was the Slenderman riding in the front seat of a cab driving through the countryside. Suddenly all these cars being driven by some gangster dudes rode up alongside us and started shooting at us. The cab driver handed me a gun and we started shooting back.

It then went to late in the day, with me and the cab driver in some crazy-ass mall (I think we were friends or something) and some more dudes came to harass us. I started punching the guy in the top of the head (Cuz I was so tall, yo) and then the dream ended.

The place looked like this.

Spoiler

I had another dream where I was riding a bike through the forest with a broken terminator chasing me. He was so messed up, that he could only move by crab-walking, and the dream would occasionally cut to a shot of him from below and to the left 'menacingly' doing so.

Then some girl ran up to me, got on the bike, died, turned into mud, and continued to talk to me from the bottom of my shoe. The end.

Spoiler

In another I had gotten a burger, but if I walked too close to a church with it, it'd break. In the dream's logic, that meant that I could eat it, but it'd have zero nutritional value. Not even a single carb.

Spoiler

In one I had just today, I was testing the controls of a game I'm toying with the idea for (RE 4-esq with melee focus and more... 'platformy' controls and camera. What was weird was that it was centered entirely on the screen, like it was being captured, but I could put my hands up in front of it and see them.

I ran around a a few rooms and toyed with the button layout and what they did exactly in realtime. I finally settled on how exactly to go about it and said to myself "This'll really work."

The insane thing is that it wasn't just dream logic, it did make sense. And it could work very well.

It depends how many drugs I'm on.

If I'm using a metric-fuck-ton-of-drugs over consecutive days, these dreams are usually completely forgotten by the time I wake up or I have a memorable revelation, as if the clouds parted before me and told me "this time, your life will be different" or some other equally momentous decree. And I have a monumentous revelation or a cheering statistic relating to my life. "As if this was handed down to you from above", which is part of the reason why I believe individuals throughout history are capable of having "religious visions."

If I go through withdrawal, my dreams are about finding situations and opportunities in my life and the spaces I inhabit, and getting high without people knowing. This type of dream reminds me of the close relationships I am affecting by drug use.

If I'm not on drugs my dreams are generally always quite shite, to borrow a phrase. Either I forget them or they are negative about myself and my place in the world and mostly contain the stuff of humdrum of everyday life.

I have had so many messed up dreams, including one where my mother had a big, giant, red penis that was ejaculating all over the place. That one traumatized me so much that I actually told her about it and then she laughed at me.

I also have had many naked dreams where I show up to work naked or go to school with no pants. Those suck. I also hate the dreams where I show up to work like 10 hours late and I have the horrible fear of losing my job. Those suck too.

My dreams usually involve death, fire, demons, hell, and big explosions. One could argue all those "mind altering" violent video games had some sort of impact. Still better than dreaming about

doom_is_great said:

one where my mother had a big, giant, red penis that was ejaculating all over the place.

Yeah...