Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Zandronum servers

So I figured I might try Doom multiplayer. I've always played single player, but I'm in for something new. Thing is, most servers are waaay too far away from my country, and the minimum ping I get is always over 150, hence making it difficult to enjoy. Is there a way to add servers? Where can I find such servers? I live in Argentina and Brazil servers lag a lot too, so it's gonna have to be a local one.

I also noticed one can create dedicated servers. Maybe this is the key to my problem? Can I find 24/7 dedicated servers from any country?

Thanks in advance.

If you aren't seeing any dedicated servers from your country there probably isn't a server cluster devoted to it. I wish I could be more helpful, but your best bet is probably to get in touch with some argentinan zandropeople and ask how they manage or maybe find someone who'd be willing to start up a cluster.

You mean all those servers showing up in the default list are also dedicated servers? If I start a dedicated server, will anyone be able to enter it?

I've already forwarded ports 10666 to 10700 and still my dedicated server has a 192.168 IP. Is there anything obvious I could be missing? the local IP is set correctly, and so is everything else in the virtual server tab of my router.

Not ALL of them, but a vast majority. If you start up a server dedicated or not people should be able to connect. That said, you MAY have some issues with your firewall or modem. I'd advise you to connect to the Zandronum IRC channel if you need more help. You can find out how to do that via the website's front page.