Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

So, what sort of hardware are you running?

My current computer is an HP G62 laptop with an AMD Athlon II P320 Dual Core 2.1 GHz processor and 3 gigs of ram (soon to be upgraded to 8).

What's yours?

Lenovo G700

Intel i5 CPU 2.6 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel HD 4000 @ 1600x900

This is a damned powerful laptop, and I got it at a steal. It retails at $560 and I bought it open box for $310. I think it was returned because of an issue with the battery but I got it replaced for free. This was my best computer deal since I got that eMachines laptop for $200 back in 2008.

An HP Envy m6 laptop.

-AMD A10 4600M APU (a 2.3 GHz quad core CPU combined with a Radeon HD 7660G GPU)
-6GB RAM
-1280x720 screen resolution

At the time, it would have cost ~$1000, but I got it used for $400. It's my mobile workstation that I take with me to campus where I work on programming assignments between classes.

In this last two or three months I've been using two:

HP 19 (same specifications as the one on top, just with 8 GB of RAM instead of 4). I use this one mainly for work, but I have instaled a couple of games as well.

Thinkpad 385 XD. Pentium Intel MMX, 96 MB RAM. My Doom-exclusive laptop. Great for vanilla testing when I don't feel like mounting anything in DOSBox in the other ones.

I also have a Sony Vaio (laptop) with Windows Vista, 1 GB RAM, can't remember processor. Also, mainly for work. I don't have it at the moment.

I just sold my Windows XP desktop a month ago. I plan on getting a brand new PC exclusively for gaming, maybe next year.

I'm still far behind with my 4-5 year old PC, its power supply has already been failing and starting up again for 3 times now after I've been leaving it on to download games and mods over night.

Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHZ 8 Cores
6GB DDR3 RAM
GTS240 2GB VRAM
1600x900 Monitor
1TB HDD

Semi-custom built (I took an HP desktop computer and rigged it).

Intel Core i7 3770, 3.40GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 760
1920x1080 HD monitor
2TB HDD space

PC case is horrible, so is the motherboard.
I do have a corsair case laying around, but I don't want to move my hardware into another case, because I don't want to void the warranty. Oh well.

Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop

Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz (4 CPUs)
8 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT630M 2 GB VRAM
15.6" 1366x768 HD LED LCD screen
750 GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hasn't had any problems other than the W key on the built-in keyboard completely dying. I currently just use external keyboards.

MB: Asus P8Z77-M
CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.2 GHz
HSF: Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: Geforce GTX660 Ti 2GB
SSD: 840 Evo 256 GB
HD: WD 250 GB HD
Monitor: Asus VS24A (24" 1920x1200) and ASUS VH222H (21.5" 1920x1080)

I actually wasn't planning to buy a new computer because I was content with my old one (Q6600, 8800GT, 2 GB RAM, same HD). I gave my old computer to my sister because she was using a godawful Emachines from 2005 and was sick of its terrible performance.

I am thinking of OCing the CPU to 4 GHz; hopefully that HSF can keep the OC stable. I don't know, probably the only thing that'll make use of it is Dolphin.

Amd quad core APU 4.2 ghz
8gb ram ddr3
Sans disk 128gb ssd and 1tb velociraptor
Gtx 470
Evga 1300 ps - yes it's overkill but it doesn't heat up the room like my old PC power 750 which killed the fun in the summertime, although I might miss it now that winter is here lol.

Before the new wolfenstein I was still running my quadfx rig but the game wouldn't run properly. Why is debatable. At the same time, that is what id games are for, shaming you into upgrades and setting old machines on fire.

Still gaming at 720p, well actually 1360x768 which is a great res for running old games at 1024x768. Someday I will finally move up to 1080, probably after 4k becomes the norm. If it ever does. I would probably need an 80 inch screen to appreciate 4k.

Custom Built PC

MB: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.2 GHz
HSF: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: 2x GTX 680 4GB in SLI
SSD: 3x 128GB SSD
HD: 2x 1TB Velociraptor RAID0, 2x 1TB WD Black RAID1, 1x 640GB WD Black
Monitor: Asus VG278H (27" 120hz 1080p) and HP 2159m (21" 1080p)

Laptop: Asus G55VW

CPU: i7 3610QM
GPU: GTX 660M
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 2x 128GB SSD
Screen Resolution: 1080p

HP Compaq Presario CQ71, about 600€ of wasted money. I've had this one for about four or five years or so, and age is definitely showing up; Battery needs replaced, overheating issues, and general performance issues. And goddamn I hate to clean this.

Custom built

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4GHz w/ CM Hyper TX3 Evo
MB: MSI 990FXA-GD65
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 760 2GB
SSD: 240GB Intel 335
HD: 2TB Toshiba something or other, 200GB+500GB SG Barracuda in RAID 0
PSU: Corsair RM 650
Asus VE228HR @ 1080p

I'd like a bigger/better monitor.

Edit: I also have a 9-year-old Audigy 2 ZS sound card in there. To this day it still produces better sound than onboard audio, if you care about that sort of thing.

Shitty Toshiba Satellite laptop

CPU: Intel Core i3 M370 @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 4GB
Resolution: 1366x768
HD space: 300GB
GPU: hahahaha, I'm sorry, what?

Eris Falling said:

Shitty Toshiba Satellite laptop

CPU: Intel Core i3 M370 @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 4GB
Resolution: 1366x768
HD space: 300GB
GPU: hahahaha, I'm sorry, what?

Sounds like the exact one I have. It was mostly for work, but it doesn't get much use now. I use my desktop almost exclusively instead. It really flies with Linux, though.

heh yeah, to an extent: No GZDoom for me, or the usefulness of SLADE 3.
In fact it seems to run anything that came before Quake II (not inclusive) and anything later either overheats the thing or doesn't run at all. I dubbed this The 1997 ruleâ„¢

CPU: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.4ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: MSI GTX GeForce 760 3gb RAM
Hard Drives: 1tb Samsung SSD, 1tb Western Digital HDD

I put the computer together over 3 months earlier this year. My older computer was getting a bit aged, but could still run most modern games just fine after 4 years and a few upgrades. But when I started looking at upgrading the RAM, video card, processor, all that, I realized I would just be better off building an entirely new computer.

I had already switched back to solely PC gaming after my 360 died, and when I weighed the cost of getting a new desktop versus getting a Xbone or PS4, and the fact that last generation pretty much all of the games I wanted to play on 360 or PS3 were released on PC, I decided to get a new PC instead of getting a new console.

Although at times I really have to question why I should buy a new computer or console when I can still play Doom.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 quad-core @ 3.1 Ghz;
GPU: Radeon HD 7750 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory;
2x2 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz;
Noname 1TB HDD;
and a 21.5" 1920x1080 monitor. Everything works fine and I'm satisfied with its performance, but I need to get rid of that noname RAM.

Too much!

For work and DOOMing I use an old Dell Dimension 8250 - recently upgraded to 1GB of RAM!!! Yeah... But it gets the job done.

For various music/audio and server related activities, I run a custom built, fanless and headless machine, composed of:

- Streacom FC9 Fanless Chassis
- Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
- i7 3770T @ 2.5GHz
- Corsair 16GB DDR3
- Streacom 150W nanoPSU
- KingSpec Challenger 120GB SSD

This plays, and distributes content around the flat from an 8TB NAS drive to some Raspberry Pi's that I have set up as players.

Then a couple of oldish laptops - nothing exciting, but fine for DOOM. I plan to convert one of these into small desktop at some point.

Asus K53SV laptop:

Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT540M 2GB
6GB RAM
750GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Peripherals:

Logitech M105 (I think...) mouse
Steelseries QcK Mini mouse pad
Sennheiser PC3 headset

Over a year ago I wouldn't be able to identify most of these parts.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
GPU: R9 290 Tri-X
Sound: SoundBlasterZ
RAM: 8GB
Hard Drives: 128GB SSD & 1TB HDD
PSU: 750 BitFenix Fury
Monitor: ASUS ve247 1080p
Case: Corsair 200r
& your standard DVD drive (mostly obsolete these days)

Peripherals:
-DeathAdder Black mouse
-cheap Zalman mechanical keyboard
-Sennheiser HDR 170 headphones
-Logitech 2.1 speakers
-Anker powered USB hub
-Wireless 360 controller
-Oculus Rift DK2!

This was a custom desktop I ordered last year which I have since upgraded with a new GPU, PSU, sound card and various peripherals. I have spent a worrying amount of money on this thing, but then again it was definitely worth it for me.

The amusing thing is despite having an r9 290 I spend most of my gaming time playing Quake Live, Doom and TF2.

It is quite a large, heavy and noisy machine however. For a future build I will be looking at those mini-cases.

Steam Box I play games on
3.4 gHz dual core (Unreal 4 hates dual core)
12 GB DDR RAM
1 GB VRAM (seems to be enough for even current games)
Windows 7
1 TB HDD

PC work bought me

3.2 gHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
1 GB VRAM
Windows 7
500 GB HDD

Laptop work bought me to not game

1.3 gHz Celleron (I think)
3 GB DDR3 RAM
low VRAM
Windows Vista
288 GB HDD
4 - 5 lbs 17" widescreen display (my gf's much smaller Macbook weighs more)

Work is due to give me something new, but honestly I don't need it... but work still owes me. I've got an entire wall of old PCs work has given me.

Just for random lolz
My girlfriend's Macbook
2.8 gHz Intel i7
4 GB DDR3
750 GB HDD
384 MB VRAM (I didn't think 384 was possible)
13" display 6+ lbs

With so much power its odd that it can barely even have Firefox open before it starts to get laughably slow. Yet its specs are higher than my laptop and my laptop can do so much more at once. I start to question if Mac lies about its specs. But that's crazy talk I guess.

A dying Acer laptop.

AMD E-450 APU 1.65 GHz Dual Core
AMD Radeon HD 6320 256 Mb Vram ;-;
1600 x 900 screen
Windows 7 Home Premium

I used to use Linux but all distros started to randomly freeze after 10 minutes of use. Doesn't matter what distro. Only Windows will work.

It also overheats super easy.

Here's the pretty little thing: (iPod 4 Ultra Quality HD pic)
http://i.imgur.com/2fXQwy4.jpg