Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sincity2100

A Doom Project :"Need Mappers to join " Rules

Would you participate with me in the Doom Project I'm gonna make?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate with me in the Doom Project I'm gonna make?

• Yes Sure.
    • No, I won't

I wanna make a Doom Project and I want people to join in, and I made two maps for the project seprerately for it so I want you to check it out

So I made some rules out there:

1-This one is a boom Compatible so you can do whatever you like,no ZDoom stuff please

2-This gonna be a classic doomwad with good difficulty

3-Slaughter maps are allowed,but don't throw me a Hell Revealed difficulty,it will be rejected.

4-You can upload maps from somall to Normal to Large Maps,don't make some type of a "City of the Unavanged" map where you make a city map and make it a maze.

5-Don't pour a lot of Huge maps that makes me go to the other side of the world where I can get lost please,just upload a variations of mapset with different sizes please

6-the CC4 texture pack will be allowed in this one,and here's the download link grandvoid.sickedwick.net/wads/cc4-tex.zip
Mapping Guidelines:

You can upload any type of maps you want,but I'll put some deadlocks in it

Map 1 will be the start of the map,so I want a classic short map (don't want Long map1 maps)

Map 15 will off course have the secret exit

Map 30 will be the final Boss

The Episodes

Map 1-11 will be the techbase map
Map 12-20 will be a techbase with a little Hellish maps
Map 21-30 will be a Hellish mapset with some techbase maps
Map 31 will be a map with Zombies only
Map 32, Get the TNT textures with you on this one because it's gonna be a mixture of TNT Evilution+Plutonia map

Enjoy

The first map is "Infected path" or "monsters Ball"
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sjbl4379297pbs7/Monster+Ball.wad

And the second one is a Hellish map named Skyfall, It's in the map24 slot

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pid8quydrb575az/Skyfall.wad

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Hartigan018/media/Screenshot_Doom_20140926_233415.png.html
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Hartigan018/media/Screenshot_Doom_20140926_233446.png.html
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Hartigan018/media/Screenshot_Doom_20140926_233432.png.html

So,what do you think

I like your maps. They're good examples of this genre, which I'd call as "classic slaughterish gameplay", with good use of detail, really nice aesthetics and overally pleasant to play.

As for participating in the project: Maybe. ;) Depends if/how you specify rules. After all, the premise "just make maps" is actually good enough, since you already posted 2 maps to motivate and inspire others.

Right here, the unofficial Community Chest 5 seems to be started (those generally-speaking rules hint that it's true). As I said in one discussion before, I want to call a slot, but don't expect a map anytime soon. Anyway, I want it! Voting yes. :)

3-Slaughter maps are allowed,but don't throw me a Hell Revealed difficulty,it will be rejected.

Welp, I'm out.

sincity2100 said:

So,what do you think

Two things:

First, you should link to just the cc4-tex pack and not the cc4chest. It's 1/6th the size.

http://grandvoid.sickedwick.net/wads/cc4-tex.zip

Second, you should remove the cc4-tex resources from your maps before you post them. You'd reduce the amount to download by at least 90%; more, if all the music files aren't necessary in Monster's Ball. Others should probably do likewise.

sincity2100 said:

That doesn't really make sense to me.

Breezeep said:

That doesn't really make sense to me.

Easy slaughtermaps exist. Moderately hard slaughtermaps (managable by casual players) exist as well.

Breezeep said:

Can you name me a few examples of easy slaughtermaps?

Something that is not like map24 from Hell Revealed or Map32 from Playground

I want a hard map that in the Plutonia standard or maybe a little higher

Xaser said:

I sincerely hope that "Need Mappers to Join" is the official name of the wad. :P

Nice joke :),I didn't pick the name yet,but how about "Bloodstained Memoires"?

Darch makes "easy" slaughtermaps (Preacher + late maps in Pirate Doom + some of his older maps). Many newbie slaughtermappers (unaware of the principles of "slaughtermapping" itself) give away too many resources and the maps turn out as easy, too.

sincity2100 said:

I didn't pick the name yet,but how about "Bloodstained Memoires"?

Names with blood are cliched. There's already a soon-to-be-released megawad called exactly "Bloodstain" by pipicz, and earlier this year there was a megawad "And The Bloodshed Began".

Hellgates Down
Darkest Side
Inferno Cowboys
Vicious Cycle
Good Morning, Phobos
Deadlock
Gunmetal
The Nightly Grind
The Sleep of Reason
Empty Hell

A bunch of spare names I came up with way back when. Maybe you'll like one.

Joe-ilya, those screenshots look abstract in some parts, but not in a bad way, just an oldschool way.

The screenshots in the OP look really damn good.

Good luck on this!

Joe-ilya,That's actually looking good :),especially the first one :)

About the third one,it looks decent,but I like it,try to show me those three maps and I'll give you a feedback

Flensed
Congeal
Clotted Remains
Cold Meat
Viscid Flesh
Putrified Ashes
Rancid Corpulence
Foetid Empire
Feculence
Bones and Dust
Immoral Descent
At Death's Door