Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is a simple mod I whipped up using the Canofbacon Challenge as a base. All it does is force you to go through Doom at 5hp. I played it on Hurt Me Plenty and died at MAP02. Maybe you guys can do better. Feel free to make a video of yourself playing this. Only works with ZDoom based ports. Have fun I guess. Download is here.

Cacowad said:

just out of curiosity, why 5 hp?

Because I was trying to think how much damage you could take if you where fighting in real life. It was originally 10hp but I sorta thought it was to easy.

It's fun. I was hit by a zombieman in MAP05 and went from there up to MAP08 with 3 HP. I can't pass the beginning of MAP09, and I don't think it's doable with just 3 HP. By the way, it took me 45 minutes and a lot of quicksaves.

Zed said:

It's fun. I was hit by a zombieman in MAP05 and went from there up to MAP08 with 3 HP. I can't pass the beginning of MAP09, and I don't think it's doable with just 3 HP. By the way, it took me 45 minutes and a lot of quicksaves.

Nice, man!

Zed said:

I can't pass the beginning of MAP09, and I don't think it's doable with just 3 HP.

It is theoretically possible to play the whole of Doom2 on UV without taking any damage. There is a TAS movie run that proves this.

The problem with hitscanners is that I tend to play very, very slow and carefully, and while that's not really an issue with Doom II, I think that maybe in larger maps it can be frustrating and/or it's going to take forever. Probably the biggest problem are the unavoidable damaging floors, which are very difficult or plainly impossible unless it's a TAS.

No matter how careful you are, hitscanners are a nightmare when playing reality without saves. Sometimes they just seem to "know" when you pop out from cover and immediately clip you.

I was thinking about the minimum damage per bullet/pellet, and the wiki says it's 3 hp, for all the zombies and the imp (minimum ranged and melee), so I don't know how the hell I ended up with 3 hp (meaning I lost 2). Anybody knows what happened? I was using GZDoom.

Probably had armor, the green armor reduces your damage taken by 1/3. So if you had a green vest and got hit by a zombie doing minimum damage, you could take 2 damage.

Or you took 3 and picked up a health pot.

Magnusblitz said:

Probably had armor, the green armor reduces your damage taken by 1/3. So if you had a green vest and got hit by a zombie doing minimum damage, you could take 2 damage.

Or you took 3 and picked up a health pot.

i'm pretty sure all health pots, medikits, megasphers, soulspheres have been removed.

Yeah, it seems armor/armor bonuses weren't removed, I don't know how I could forget that.

Pure Hellspawn said:

i'm pretty sure all health pots, medikits, megasphers, soulspheres have been removed.

Pretty sure I removed Berserk packs too but who knows. I left blue and green armor in because might as well, they only save you against zombiemen it seems.