Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duckkickergames

In Plain Sight: An Easy-to Locate Mod

So here's my second mod, titled "In Plain Sight." This mod focuses around a different style of gameplay, which is namely due to the fact that for most levels of the game, the exit is plainly in sight from the beginning. Then what's stopping you from just hauling ass to the exit and beating each level in quick succession, you might ask? A big damn enemy, that's what! Each level contains a large enemy positioned directly in front of the exit. So should you attack it head-on? Maybe try to lure it away and make a run for it? Or perhaps dash between cover, firing off short bursts of rounds? The choice is yours!

The mod can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ikom2g2ih1wsxdl

I will upload screenshots as soon as I can.

As always, comments are accepted, compliments are appreciated, and complaints are acknowledged. Enjoy!

OK, let's see.

Levels are way too small
Inescapable, non-damaging pits

E1M1 is tedious. Killing a Baron of Hell with a pistol isn't fun.
E1M5 doesn't have a player 1 start.
E1M6 scifista42 already mentioned the problem with the shoot-through walls.
E1M7 the cyberdemon is stuck, so there's no challenge at all; more ammo than needed.
E1M8 again, the cyberdemon is stuck.

Try to make the maps at least a little bit longer, and playtest to be sure there aren't game-breaking bugs like stuck monsters.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link.
EDIT 2: I forgot to mention, I assume this is for a port that allows jumping, right?

Zed said:

OK, let's see.

Levels are way too small
Inescapable, non-damaging pits

E1M1 is tedious. Killing a Baron of Hell with a pistol isn't fun.
E1M5 doesn't have a player 1 start.
E1M6 scifista42 already mentioned the problem with the shoot-through walls.
E1M7 the cyberdemon is stuck, so there's no challenge at all; more ammo than needed.
E1M8 again, the cyberdemon is stuck.

Try to make the maps at least a little bit longer, and playtest to be sure there aren't game-breaking bugs like stuck monsters.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link.
EDIT 2: I forgot to mention, I assume this is for a port that allows jumping, right?

It is indeed for a port that allows jumping. And I agree with the Level 1 Assessment. I'll add a shotgun to that level. Cyberdemons will be replaced with Barons of Hell. Ammo levels will be decreased. And lastly, levels will be somewhat lengthened. I'll post the new link momentarily.