Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Resurgence demos [-complevel 9]

Here is some map25 attempt from August that didn't desync. Not a speed demo by any means, just completing the level with all kills and secrets. I think maybe this map should have had an exit right after the prison break because that't the most fun part and the rest is just kind of there.

rs251736.zip

4shockblast said:

Map 11 UV-Speed in 0:19.

Heh nice, it can be improved by a second or two, but it'd be frustrating to do I'd imagine. (edit: hint- you can save time at the start of the map)

Joshy said:

Heh nice, it can be improved by a second or two, but it'd be frustrating to do I'd imagine. (edit: hint- you can save time at the start of the map)

Thanks. I was considering a strafejump at the start, but I was too lazy to test.

Map 11 UV-Speed in 0:16.

rs11-016.zip

Map25 UV Pacifist in 0:15

Performing the obvious trick in a very sloppy way :P

EDIT: Just something I thought about while recording: If I used -trace_thingshealth 700 to control if the Arch-vile was hurt (therefore not targeting the player) would it be considered cheating/TAS?

rs25p015.zip

Keyboard_Doomer said:

EDIT: Just something I thought about while recording: If I used -trace_thingshealth 700 to control if the Arch-vile was hurt (therefore not targeting the player) would it be considered cheating/TAS?

I would say definitely yes. The parameter was added exactly to make recording TAS demos easier after all.
I once used this parameter while planning my 2002ado e2m8 -fast pacifist but I removed it when I started recording "seriously".

GrumpyCat said:

Cool!
sr50+rocket is impossible here?
Sorry for the pathetic improvement.

Was never able to get even close with just strafe50/RJ. I doubt it. Also, even a wallrun boost couldn't do it because the direction is wrong, though it'd be difficult to do it anyway because the walls aren't long.

GrumpyCat said:

Map13 Pacifist 0:27
=(((

You missed a strafejump. Map 13 Pacifist in 0:25. Second exit, didn't optimize at all.

Also, probably my first recorded demo of hitting an exit switch and dying. :)

rs13p025.zip

I think even 0:06 possible...rocket jump can be done faster with hellknights present :)

Here's Map 13 UV-Speed in 0:07

rs13-007.zip

darkreaver said:

Is anyone reading this thread planning on doing any maxes?

I was kind of expecting the lack of UV-Max demos for this wad, at least for now. Out of all maxers who regularly record on hardcore wads like SOD, KS, NG and so on only j4rio is really active at the moment. We need to get Rizera, blob1024, Ancalagon, Qaatar and other guys back. :)

GrumpyCat said:

Unfortunately trick seems to be not possible without turbo =)

Still cool though! Maybe some crazy mix of rocket boost+monster attack could work?

darkreaver said:

Is anyone reading this thread planning on doing any maxes?

Yeah I definitely am. I did map01 but it's really crappy so I'm still working on pushing it more.

Having gone through the whole WAD when it was in Beta, I'd be interested to see a TAS of this. Among other reasons is the fact that when I was playing I spotted about 3 or 4 good timesaving jumps that I used, and so experienced speedrunners will probably have a field day with this WAD. (As some of these Pacifist runs are showing already)

Memfis said:

Out of all maxers who regularly record on hardcore wads like SOD, KS, NG and so on only j4rio is really active at the moment.

Yeah, well except I haven't really posted anything in 3 weeks. I'm having a hard time recording as I've been drunk and stoned most of that time.

There's a few other wads I'm working on right now for demos, so I won't be posting anything too serious for Resurgence much. Maps 11 and 25 I liked the routes, though, so I gave those decent demos.

j4rio said:

Yeah, well except I haven't really posted anything in 3 weeks. I'm having a hard time recording as I've been drunk and stoned most of that time.

Can I be invited if I bring money?