Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

Advert Textures

Here's a little something I've wanted to do for a while. It's inspired by Soundblock's Pimp My Texture thread and the adverts in the excellent 32 in 24 Diet.

Any type of submission is welcome, as long as it's a 256x128 PNG. My favorites among them will end up in a Deathmatch wad that I'm working on which will hopefully materialize at some point.

Linkrulezall said:

My favorites among them will end up in a Deathmatch wad that I'm working on which will hopefully materialize at some point.

We really need to work an a DM wad together. It'd be cool to get AwesomePanda in on it, if you can contact him - He's made a pretty good DM wad with 10 maps or so. It would be swell to have a wad made by the PGC crew.

EDIT: ContraBewShin

I like this "community textures" thing, it's an awesome idea and can be used in so many ways.

Doomkid said:

We really need to work an a DM wad together. It'd be cool to get AwesomePanda in on it, if you can contact him - He's made a pretty good DM wad with 10 maps or so. It would be swell to have a wad made by the PGC crew.

Have you ever been on the PGC IRC channel? AwesomePanda is on there almost every day. I'll PM you the details.

Why not just develop a source port that shows real ads on Doom walls? Complete with interaction.

printz said:

Why not just develop a source port that shows real ads on Doom walls? Complete with interaction.

Just imagining all the legal headaches that would be involved with that is already making me feel slightly ill.

Linkrulezall said:

Just imagining all the legal headaches that would be involved with that is already making me feel slightly ill.

Heh, what I really mean is Internet ads in your wads :P