Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zinkai

Doom world forums

Why is it when I am browsing on my phone in these forums it keeps taking me to my App Store to William hill betting app, rather frustrating

Im on a phone now and nothing. It could be maliscious apps or something. Do a look over for shady games or free apps on your phones app list.

Could be a malicious ad banner. This forum is no stranger to that; I think most users just tend to forget about it since practically everyone uses AdBlock or some variant. =P

There is an adblock for Firefox android. Also, there's adblock app for android.

If you're using an android phone, that is?

WildWeasel said:

Could be a malicious ad banner. This forum is no stranger to that;

Too true. Before I discovered popup blockers there were a couple of Flash ads that really pissed me off, they'd popup here and on every site I visited afterwards until I cleared the browser's cache and cookies.

LiveJasimin Cams? Yah, no thanks. I doubt it really, as it could've been an ad launch from another mobile tab, but I don't know what. I ain't paying for cams!

Someone needs to found a town called Anonymous Proxy.

I browse DW on my PC with no JavaScript. It works great until somebody uses a spoiler tag. On my phone I find the site basically unusable, mostly because its format doesn't work well when I have to zoom the whole page to read it. I haven't noticed any malicious or confusing behaviour.

zinkai said:

Got an iphone, gonna clear my cookies see if that resolves it

HOW DARE YOU MERE MORTAL TRY AND BLOCK THE SACRED REVENUE-GENERATING ADS THAT KEEP THE INTERNETS GOING, YOU THIEF! YOU FREELOADER! YOU FENCE-JUMPER!

zinkai said:

Why is it when I am browsing on my phone in these forums it keeps taking me to my App Store to William hill betting app, rather frustrating

LMAO... Damn that made me laugh, not sure why..

I forgot DW had Ads, so used to adblock. Best plugin I've ever downloaded. (Also I'm a freeloading fence jumping theif)

WildWeasel said:

Could be a malicious ad banner. This forum is no stranger to that; I think most users just tend to forget about it since practically everyone uses AdBlock or some variant. =P

There are no adds here. I'm not using adblock either. I think there's an add on the homepage, but that's it.

geo said:

There are no adds here. I'm not using adblock either.

What are you using? The power of prayer? I'm seeing ads at the bottom of every forum page in IE (I hate that browser).

geo said:

There are no adds here.

Oh but I do disagree

The adds are everywhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)