Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clarence144

Dancing with Archviles

This is a map for level one of doom 2 , a Vanilla map

No screen shots as it's just a quick one room level that I thought up which may be interesting.

Can you complete this one room map?

http://www.levelgame.net/doom/dance003.wad

This is very possible to win as I have done so ... so that makes it super extra possible - it just requires an unorthodox and somewhat clever method. I call this "Dancing with Archviles" and that's also a hint.

Good luck and if you spare a second to play this, let me know your thoughts good and bad.

Thanks all!

Supports all difficulty settings, multiplayer and deathmatch.

I like it. It took me more than a couple of tries (and some luck) on UV-fast. Despite being so simple, it's higly addictive. Good work.

EDIT: I also have to add that the only way I could beat it was without firing a single shot, so to not alert the other 8 archies. I assume it's possible (but very difficult) to kill them all?

Thanks guys.

And you got it Zed, that's the game plan. Be very very quiet!

However when the exit is available so is a very special secret that should help you get the other 8 ;)

Nicely crafted out exercise, even though it's above my casual skills on UV. I seriously think that the platform's lowering takes way too much time, that's my only gripe (instead of replaying the map the 4th time and having to wait again, I gave up). But overally the map works more than well, even in its simplicity, so thumbs up.