Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

Raymoohawk's sprite edits

Sergeant test WAD with the frames from the sprite sheet you posted. Looking good. I don't see any color mismatching but maybe you have better eyes than me :)

The sprite offsets probably need adjusting and I can take care of that.

The moving shotgunner sprites are looking great, as well the impaled zombie which completes the zombie.
So now we shouldn't worry about the zombie as it is done.

oh guys im sorry for the lack of updates, my computer has been shutting down spontaneusly, a huge scratch appeared out of nowhere in my tablet and the teacher went ballistic on me

this is all ive been able to put togther so far

and a quick concept of the cacodemon

Excellent work on the Caco too !

I like the blue appendages ; they fit with the blue gore splashing in those Crispy / Retro ports.

Now that's an improvement to the caco, the shotgunner looks great too and if your computer shuts down spontaneusly that may have something to do with the fan cooler or something else like virus.
If your fan cooler doesn't work, you may have to buy a new one.

i originally thought it was the fan cause it sometimes blows air hot enough to hurt if you put your hand close, but sometimes it shuts down when its realtvely cool

raymoohawk said:

i originally thought it was the fan cause it sometimes blows air hot enough to hurt if you put your hand close, but sometimes it shuts down when its realtvely cool

In that case there is something malfunctioning.
However you might want to post a thread, because there are some people around here that might know about PC problems.

raymoohawk said:

and a quick concept of the cacodemon

Wow.

Eventually people might say that Freedoom looks better than Doom.

raymoohawk said:

another rotation

This is awesome work, sorry to hear about your computer :(

EDIT: I put all your new sergeant frames so far into a single sheet:

And I updated the test WAD with the new sprites. It's looking great.

That's too much blood for what will be used as a pain frame in general. That looks more like it would be appropriate as the first death frame.

I'm really liking the new caco, however.

thanks, ill see what i can do about the blood, but not before working on the rest of the frames

a question, now that realm 667 is back is there a reason we cant make freedoom resources available there?

New sprite sheet, and test WAD is updated. Looks like we just need the death frames now. Almost there!

raymoohawk said:

a question, now that realm 667 is back is there a reason we cant make freedoom resources available there?

Sure, this sounds like a great idea. It would make sense to do this and also to put up some of the old sprites if they aren't already there so that people can use them.

the shotgunguy is done

please tell if its compressed by upload or something

EDIT

im still working on the new hellknight, eriance game ve permission to use the arms of his overlord so it should make it easier now

here is an in proggress update of the monster i had shown previewsly

thanks, i think we still have ways to go before the sprites match id quality, but i do hope well get there eventually. im not sure wich monster to do next, but ill have do it very slowly
maybe ill give urrics archie a try
here is a very minor edit of it

slightly off topic, is there really going to be a tweaked pallete? i think an optamized pallete would be useful not only for freedoom but also for the original doom, you know a pallete that is close enough to the original, but makes the colors that are too similar a bit more differentiated

a modified palette will mess up resources people include, the tenet or making freedoom compatible with any (most) doom/2 pwad means an optimised palette will cause plenty issues :/

raymoohawk said:

the shotgunguy is done

Looks great, thanks!

I'll try to get this turned into sprites this evening. One minor request: for future sprite sheets can you try to space out the sprites more and put them on an even grid? The previous sheets were fine but for this one it isn't really possible to cut the image vertically on a fixed grid.

raymoohawk said:

slightly off topic, is there really going to be a tweaked pallete? i think an optamized pallete would be useful not only for freedoom but also for the original doom, you know a pallete that is close enough to the original, but makes the colors that are too similar a bit more differentiated

See other thread. There are no immediate plans for this.

Excellent news, the shotgunner is done, which means the only zombie left is the chaingunner and that green monster and that urrics achie edit are
looking great too.

Just play tested in a wad. It looks very good. But the final corpse frame has his head sticking up really far. His head is higher while dead, than falling.