Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

No Imps + No Keys Project - or better not

What do you think about the project?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the project?

• Good idea, I'm in.
    • Bad idea, I'm in. ;)
    • Good idea, but I'm not interested to be involved.
    • Bad idea, get out.
    • I'm not so sure about this, but I'll be interested to see how it eventually turns out.

No imps? what did those poor imps ever do to you? :( Can't we make a megawad with no pain elementals? I hate those friggin things!

Anyway, at first I wasn't very interested in this project, but reading through wore me down. I'm in :)

*^the map has only imps and keycards*

You've just betrayed my faith. I forgive you, it's not very funny though. Please don't do this, I've had an actual vision of a project in mind.

Don't tease me. :S

To speak seriously once again: If this project eventually gets maps, none of which would involve imps in any ways, I'm planning to use DEHACKED to replace imp's projectile with the BFG ball and imp himself with a powerful final boss enemy thing. That's what the project would be good for, no?

I still think it can work. I still haven't opened an editor to make anything for it yet, though.

You get it confused, Dehacked isn't DECORATE, with Dehacked you can only replace animation frames, thing properties etc., not add.

Also, it's not the reason why no imps are allowed, it's a possible advantage made out of the restriction. The reason is simply to see good maps which can work within the limitation. It was inspired by a thread linked in the original post.

Sorry, I did confuse it with decorate. I was a little spaced out and I'm also working on a ZDoom wad.

Anyway I hope the project takes off, I already started building my map for it :)

@joe: Feel free to propose such a project, but ideally in another thread.

On topic: If you already downloaded the texture pack linked in the OP, please redownload a fixed version which I just posted in NiGHTMARE's thread. The official version crashes the game in non-ZDoom ports. Here is a link to my post in the thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1312982#post1312982

You know what? Given the bad poll results, and the fact that there are many more interesting community projects currently around, let's cancel this. It would be better than yet another long-lasting sorrows and annoyance for everyone and specially the leader (me) involved in yet another random project.

If you (by any chance) have maps in progress and wanted to submit them, use them for another project - that should be absolutely no problem in this case. :)

I'm sorry.