Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

favorite doom midi song

hmm i think this should be on the doom section but who gives...i liked the episodee 1 level 5 song and they should put that in the doom3 game..susepensful song with artificial base and an awesome melodic tune that gets you these shaky vibrations in your underpants

Shaviro said:

I love them all!

I don't. :P
Mainly, because some of them are "out of tune" with the level they're representing. Example, E3M1-Hell Keep. The music is too "happy", for lack of a better word. It just doesn't sound like you're trapped in Hell. Shouldn't the music reflect that you're in HELL?!

yeah e1m5 is nice. But the fact that Doom3 won't use midis means a totally different atmosphere, and not necessarily any better or worse.

I wish they'd gotten Bobby Prince back or at least Mark Klem or Tolwyn.

pritch said:

yeah e1m5 is nice. But the fact that Doom3 won't use midis means a totally different atmosphere, and not necessarily any better or worse.

Maybe they should use midis. It would make an interesting contrast.

I love Opening to Hell from Icon of Sin (Map 30) from Doom II.
I actually play it pretty much everyday before I go to school...

I love E1M7 and E1M8
Also in Final Doom the level when your fighting the Icon of Sin has great music. I love the stuff that actually has melodies to it, that's why I'm not looking forward to Doom3's music.

I like:

E1M1 (Damn catchy)
E1M3 (The best of the E1 musics)
E1M5 (Mood intensifier)
E1M7 (Mood intensifier, sounds so damn evil)

E2M1 (Damn catchy)
E2M4 (Sweet)
E2M6 (Doom was supposed to be scary)

E3M2 (The melody really grows on you)
E3M3 (Intense)

Doom2 Map05 (Just plain good)
Doom2 Map09 (Damn catchy, again!)
Doom2 Map18 (Mood intensifer, only works properly on map27)
Doom2 Map28 (Doom2 was supposed to be scary)

Evilution map06 (mood, when it's best)
Evilution map10 (mood intensifier)
Evilution map14 (Just plain good)
Evilution map20 (Whoah)
Evilution map31 (Moody, again)

E1M1

Wouldnt it be awesome if an updated version of it were in DooM 3? I think it would make for one hell of an opening!

DooMBoy said:

Example, E3M1-Hell Keep. The music is too "happy", for lack of a better word. It just doesn't sound like you're trapped in Hell. Shouldn't the music reflect that you're in HELL?!

That one fitted quite well imho, because of all the intestines everywhere at first - the track seemed to reflect a kind of cruel sickness.

Anyways, my favorite tracks are typically not the scary ones - the one I like the best are the Doom 1 metal tracks.

List of some of my faves:

E2M3 (Intermission track)
E2M2 (mp3 version is dissapointing - doesn't sound as "deep" and evil as the midi one)
E1M1
E3M8
E2/E3M7

E2M3 takes the prize - I love the "Badass" feel of it.

Can't belive more people don't like e2m6 (otherwise known as the installation music fot doom95).

Played through a good soundcard it's totally awesome.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THESE SONGS??????? never heard e2 or e3 songs only the ones from e1 which rocked ass...heard all the ones from doom2 of which icon of sin midi really freaked me out and the best one was when u finished the game and the music at the back kicked ass..they should seriously consider bringing someof that music back in doom3 just to ge the old feel back

Yeah I posted a thread there basically about this question. Also included a poll whether you liked Doom2 map01's music or not.

Erik said:

map27, map30

memento mori map11 and 14 aint shabby either.

The MM music is great. Too bad the only way I could get my hands on Map 14 is to rip it directly out of WinTex.