Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomshack.org - Wad hosting & Multiplayer DOOM!

doomshacklogo.php

Welcome to Doomshack.org, a multiplayer server cluster for ZDaemon! (Odamex and Zandronum support coming back soon)

These servers are maintained by myself & mrcrispy.

You can upload WADs, DEHs, ZIPs and PK3s to Doomshack as well!

Edit 18-08-19: I've done a ton of work on the site, lots of updates! I don't know about you guys, but there are a lot of little wad editing tools I always forget about til I need them, then I have to scramble to find them. To prevent that from ever happening again, I've made a helpful list! https://doomshack.org/doomtools.html

I also compiled a bunch of tutorials into one place, including video tutorials on Doom Builder and other aspects of Doom modding. Hopefully this will be useful for newcomers who don't know where to look first. https://doomshack.org/tutorials.html

There have also been a bunch of other general updates, cleaning up html docs, etc... Stay tuned for more updates. Happy fragging!

play1.gif

I tried Tumblr the other day, it seemed to work OK for that purpose. The site has a bad reputation for modern design blogs, but you can do simple things easily as well.

I think yahoo still had free FTP but its been 2+ years since I've had to go into it. Otherwise drop box?

Speaking of free sites, I've been getting a lot of phishing from wix.com lately, which is a free site.

I read a bit about html and generating an html document from notepad with basic stuff like you'd see on anyones mywebsite.com from the nineties is pretty doable even with only about an hours worth of reading into it.

getting webspace is even free if you have a computer to run as a server at all times. I've been contemplating getting a guruplug plug in computer to host a website from and share files with, but you still have to pay a monthly fee for registering a domain name. I haven't found a way around that from as much as I've looked into it. You could pay the fee yourself out of the kindness of your heart, or you could dump ads on your page and get a little bit of return out of it. I don't know what the rates are per viewer.

Yeah what Bloodshedder said. It used to be called Google Pages but then it became Sites. Gives you the ability to upload MB of data, breeze through formatting, and slab a label on it.

Nice to see geoshitties still around tho! Anybody remember the old-timer's freewebs.com? *shudder*

There we go, this is a thing now. Thanks for the responses - If aanyone wants me to pin their mod/wad on my page, just let me know!

40oz said:

I've been contemplating getting a guruplug plug in computer to host a website from and share files with, but you still have to pay a monthly fee for registering a domain name. I haven't found a way around that from as much as I've looked into it.

If your ISP has no objections, it might be cheaper to register a domain name elsewhere and point it at your IP address. Using a third-party registrar means you're also less likely to lose the domain name when moving your site to a different host.

You should put links in your table of contents. There's a lot to scroll down to.

40oz said:

You should put links in your table of contents. There's a lot to scroll down to.

I'm a total HTML noob - I was trying to google intructions on this, but wasn't really sure what to search for. Is anyone here good with this stuff? I think links to each section would make the site roughly a bajillion times easier to navigate.

FireFish said:

here is my weebly based homepage as an example ;
http://binavoid.weebly.com/

Is this page blank at the moment? I plan on adding an 'affiliates' section at some point, my hope is to have any Doomer's small-time webpages easily accessable from my own!

Doomkid said:

I'm a total HTML noob - I was trying to google intructions on this, but wasn't really sure what to search for. Is anyone here good with this stuff? I think links to each section would make the site roughly a bajillion times easier to navigate.

Read about HTML anchors, it's very simple.

Wow, thankyou for the instant responses! Will post again once this is actually functional.

Thanks once again for the comments, guys. The table of contents seems to be working as intended. Chungy, that htmldog site is a massive help!

Guest Unregistered account

This rocks! I'm glad you got it!

Wait, is one of the ZMatches still in-dev?

*Wink wink*
*Hint hint*
*Nudge nudge*
*Gets thrown out of window*

Joe-Ilya: That's a good idea, I will be adding a 'favorite WADs/community WADs' section in soon.

KalebNoobMaster: Woohooooo! The big 100.

Joe667: Yep, ZDM 3rd Strike is almost done... There was this annoying setback - Firing the rifle weapon would lower your max shell capaciity... Not actualy shells, but your shell limit! This would result in sometimes having a maximum of -99 shells, rendering the shogun and SSG useless. Probably the weirdest side effect of Dehacked / BEX I've seen yet..!

EDIT: Just added a guestbook. It would be swell if some of you could sign it :)

Thanks a bunch, guys!

If you have any WADs you want me to post, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm looking forward to updating it with a guest WAD section.

Doomkid said:

Thanks a bunch, guys!

If you have any WADs you want me to post, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm looking forward to updating it with a guest WAD section.

1024abc? :p

Sure, I'll post links to all the previous Abyssal speedmapping sessions and 1024abc. Will be updated in the next few hours!

Guest Unregistered account

The general chit-chat has been about :
1024abc

Why not just post the entire 1024 series? That said, it would lead to all the other series, like 32-in-24, and this is mainly a website for DoomKid's stuff.

I'm not sure what I'm talking about either...