Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frithiof

Zandronum?

I just noticed that the most recent release of Zandronum allows for the use of Freedoom (1/2) 0.8 instead of the real doom wads. (!!!)

Can I petition for that version to be kept up on the main Freedoom website, maybe in an archive section, just for that reason?

I'm asking because it seems like 0.9 is about to appear, and I don't know if the Zandronum maintainers will push out an update to accommodate that anytime soon.

Versions aren't deleted from release archives unless there is a pressing reason to do so (basically, copyright violations). 0.8 should remain up hopefully forever.

Cool. :)

It's nice to see Freedoom being used in such an obviously useful (and potentially visible) situation.

Maybe we'll start seeing mods for Freedoom because of this sort of thing. Well, it's already more or less compatible with all the Doom mods, but I was thinking of something more like Brutal Freedoom. ;)

There was one guy on IRC a few months ago talking about forking Freedoom in order to make a BrĂ¼tal Freedoom, I don't know whatever happened to him or his idea, but I say the idea is rather awesome and someone should go for it :)

i do hope for that too, i actually thought about contacting the guy from brutal doom about it since he plans to prepackage brutal doom with freedoom, might as well have a version that uses the actual freedoom sprites

Now that 0.9 has been released, I really hope that eventually Zandronum is updated and allowed to use it.

Freedoom's compatibility with Doom 1, 2, Plutonia, and TNT can't be ignored...

But for now I'm content with being able to use 0.8 on Zandronum. It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

I'm happy with how I can also join games on Zandronum now (with the real doom wads or with freedoom). For the longest time it would desync when I would join servers, and I couldn't play with anyone.