Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
molehill

The Evil Within.

Bought this game yesterday but still don't have enough time to play it. What drew me to it was the fact that Shinji Mikami is behind it and so I *trust* the guy to deliver a good game. However if anyone else here has played it I'd like to know your thoughts.

From what i have heard the pc port is badly optimized which is usual for Bethesda games. Should probably wait until it's fully patched before biting the bullet. I myself dont like Bethesda games, therefore wont buy it. 50 gigs download for a game that i will play one time and delete? no thank you.

I haven't really heard much good about this game, also I've heard people complain about stealth while the guy has a lamp attached to his belt or something of the like.

From what I heard the game gives very little information on what you're supposed to do, so most of it is blind trial and error with a punishing checkpoint system and random item drops (do you get more ammo or not? no one knows!). It's somewhat telling that apparently reviewers were given an outright walkthrough for beating the game.

I have a feeling that Steam will have it for $30 at either the Christmas sale or the Halloween sale.

I like it. The gunplay is intense and surgical, which I guess would be my favourite aspect. I'd like them to hurry and patch up the PC version so I can stop missing half my shots with a DualShock4.

random item drops (do you get more ammo or not? no one knows!)

If it continues RE4's system, the amount pickups you get are based on stuff like your accuracy and death count. I seemed to find considerably more ammo whenever my friend would play, die a lot, and hand back the controller.

I got ps4 version waiting in line but first I have to finish alien isolation. Im drowning in ammo and items in isolation, I wonder what happens with evil within

I know it's supposed to give the game a cinematic quality or whatever, but the letterbox effect really doesn't appeal. I think I'll wait for a patch that makes it optional.

DoomUK said:

I know it's supposed to give the game a cinematic quality or whatever, but the letterbox effect really doesn't appeal. I think I'll wait for a patch that makes it optional.

IIRC, the letterbox doesn't even give the correct aspect ratio.

And holy shit, this game's textures. I was more impressed with RE4.