Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remain_max

trying to get weird with some DM

Hey! I'm doing a doom LAN/stream this week with some friends, and I want to throw some curveballs with the maplist for fun/hilarity's sake. I'm trying to get on the bizzare/disorienting/amusing side. So far I have claustrophobia and barrels o fun queued up. Any other expert suggestions?
I love doomworld, look forward to any replies

What engine are you using to play? Do you mean barrels o' fun the Doom 2 map or the gimmicky deathmatch wad? add on maps

Anyway, There's a wad caled "nutty superfun" you could check out if you're using one of the more advanced multiplayer ports.

spacedm5 is the best But you'll need Zandronum to run it and you'll have to load the skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data_126.pk3 files in your filelist beforehand.

I for sure meant the gimmicky dm map. I planned to use zandronum or doomsday engine, but I'll check both those out, thanks! I guess gimmicky is a word I could include for what I'm looking for, as long as it's fun too.

Pretty much everything I make is gimmicky and weird!

In DK_DM_13:

Map08 is the word 'WEED' turned into a DM map with a self-made midi of 'Tipsy' by JKwon.. Yeah.

Map11 is a surprisingly accurate remake of a grocery store I used to work at, it pretty much counts as a 'real location' in Doom.

Map13 is a remake of "block fort" from Mario Kart 64! This map is hilariously spammy with a lot of players.

Map14 is a big ol' chunk of rock floating in space. This map is frustrating as hell, but damn it's funny to see all the distant marines falling into the void..

If you try it out, I hope you enjoy it man :)

the dropbox link was invalid unfortunately, but everything else was awesome. Nutty and SpaceDM were great, and those maps you highlighted DoomKid are very cool, great job on that whole set. This should be perfect. Thanks errbody.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

This thread's title made me think this was going to be an entirely different discussion

don west - im glad the link worked this time, because WDF is awesome and perfect.

Fisk, what DID come to mind? because we'll probably do it.

remain_max said:

don west - im glad the link worked this time, because WDF is awesome and perfect.

Thank you. Makes me feel good about all the time we spent on it making custom sprites and textures hand drawn from scratch (that grezzo stole from, yet so many people out there suck the grezzo dick without giving me and grim credit), as well as the mountains of ACS and decorate coding we wrote from scratch. Me and grim will always be updating this wad forever. We'll be updating the monster sprites and adding more monsters and maps soon, like anyone gives a shit.

Don, I'm glad to know how much from-scratch effort you put in, and when I make a video/stream of the LAN gameplay, I'll make sure you get visible credit.