Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

NC grandfather fires back at trio in attempted rape of teen granddaughter

Doomkid said:

What's that saying again... "No tears for dead scum".

Too bad he didn't kill all 3 of them.

Membrain said:

Pretty sure the grandfather grabbed the gun from the intruders.

"The 67-year-old grandfather managed to grab a gun and shot all three of the suspects."

So he's going to approach an intruder knowing that the other 2 guys are armed and somehow snatch a gun from them? Not very likely in my opinion. I think he grabbed his own gun.

kb1 said:

Nothing like picking off some imps. Bravo, Gramps!

This comment just made me lulz :D

Didn't something like this happen in the UK? An intruder broke into an old man's house and was shot and the property owner was sentenced?

I can't remember.

Fucking scum. The old man should be grilled in court and rot in jail, where the buddies of the three young men he attacked will "take care" of him like he deserves.

Not only did he act like an irresponsible vigilante by not calling the police to handle the situation, but he also trampled the rights of three persons obviously belonging to a disadvantaged ethnic group, so he's also a racist. Obviously, stricter gun control laws are required, and harder sentences for racially-motivated attacks.

Maes said:

Fucking scum. The old man should be grilled in court and rot in jail, where the buddies of the three young men he attacked will "take care" of him like he deserves.

Not only did he act like an irresponsible vigilante by not calling the police to handle the situation, but he also trampled the rights of three persons obviously belonging to a disadvantaged ethnic group, so he's also a racist. Obviously, stricter gun control laws are required, and harder sentences for racially-motivated attacks.

Lulz "he also trampled the rights of three persons obviously belonging to a disadvantaged ethnic group, so he's also a racist."

Kontra Kommando said:

Hell to the mother fucking yea! Way to go grandpa.

I bet he's like Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino.

I fucking love that movie! "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." —Clint Eastwood

I'm happy that was the end result. Let's start the discussion about how they may have been mentally diseased and deserved due process.

There was a guy in TX that beat a ranch hand to death for raping his daughter. Got off scott free.

Oh on a sidenote, Honey Boo Boo's Mama June is dating a guy fresh from a 10 year prison stint where he forced and 8 year old relative to give him oral.

Badass grandpa.

I'm happy that was the end result. Let's start the discussion about how they may have been mentally diseased and deserved due process.

Haha. You just know some people are doing their best to avoid this thread so far.

geo said:

Well, breaking into a house and attempting rape as a group sounds like a mental disorder to me. They deserve due process simply because we need to have a society where due process is automatic. That doesn't make grandpa wrong for doing the first thing that came to mind to stop them in their tracks.

Why do people act like it's a bad thing to try and build a system to protect innocents from fuck-ups and corruption? Surely that's more important than getting a rush from quickly blowing away the baddies?

I wonder what would happen if grandpa did only what a "good citizen" is supposed to do in those cases: aka calling the police and waiting (let's not go into details of how he could have dialed fast enough, or how quickly the police would have arrived, and whether he'd be alive and his granddaughter un-raped by then).

...would our comments then be along the lines of "Why didn't he react by shooting the crooks, since he had a gun?" or "Grandpa was a fucking coward, he deserved to die"?

Most legal systems, in fact, give the average citizen no "use of force" rights, even in supposed self-defence, or at least severely limit the circumstances where you can use them and get away scot-free. E.g. if the three intruders were unarmed or merely grabbed a TV and ran away, it would certainly be grandpa who'd have to deal the most with justice. Of course, when you're just one, 65 yo and the attackers are three men in their 20s and at their physical prime, I wouldn't say they are exactly "unarmed"...yet the law doesn't allow using "equalizers" in such cases, unless you're a cop!

Aliotroph? said:

Well, breaking into a house and attempting rape as a group sounds like a mental disorder to me. They deserve due process simply because we need to have a society where due process is automatic. That doesn't make grandpa wrong for doing the first thing that came to mind to stop them in their tracks.

Why do people act like it's a bad thing to try and build a system to protect innocents from fuck-ups and corruption? Surely that's more important than getting a rush from quickly blowing away the baddies?

Mental disorder? Sounds like thug life to me. I remember a cop once told me that if someone breaks into your house and is armed and either endangering your life or the lives around you, use whatever means necessary to stop them even if it requires deadly force. You don't know what the hell is going on in the mind of an intruder. They could be loaded on fucking PCP or bath salts which would make them much more aggressive then a normal person. Cops are not always able to arrive at your house on time.

Surely in this vision where every bad act stems from a mental disorder, those of us who cheer for murder based on a perception it's "legitimate" must owe these feelings to deep-seated issues of our own. Why is it then you blame us for our mental inadequacies, and lump the whole lot in with a position nobody has explicitely condoned? Aren't those of us with a lack of empathy welcome in your new world order?

Most legal systems, in fact, give the average citizen no "use of force" rights, even in supposed self-defence, or at least severely limit the circumstances where you can use them and get away scot-free. E.g. if the three intruders were unarmed or merely grabbed a TV and ran away, it would certainly be grandpa who'd have to deal the most with justice.

Unarmed? Ha! France laughs at your optimism, Maes. A professor was attacked at his home by one of his former students, armed with a gun, cuffs and rope, who threw gasoline on the professor and his family and voiced his intent to set them on fire. The professor managed to overpower him and inadvertently killed him. Then for his ordeal, he got rewarded with an accusation of voluntary manslaughter he had to fight for a year before being finally cleared of the charges.

Can't find much about it in english, but here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/18501/french-rally-behind-their-own-%E2%80%98tony-martin%E2%80%99

the_miano said:

Mental disorder? Sounds like thug life to me. I remember a cop once told me that if someone breaks into your house and is armed and either endangering your life or the lives around you, use whatever means necessary to stop them even if it requires deadly force. You don't know what the hell is going on in the mind of an intruder. They could be loaded on fucking PCP or bath salts which would make them much more aggressive then a normal person. Cops are not always able to arrive at your house on time.

I think you missed the second half of the post you're quoting.

the_miano said:

Nah, sounds more like a mental disorder. Contrary to popular belief, the streets aren't filled with roving bands of thugs looking to just break into random people's houses and commit random acts of violence. Even the gangs out there don't really typically engage in that kind of behavior. Not saying it never happens, but generally speaking, when it does, the perpetrator tends to be mentally unhinged in some fashion.

There's seriously a huge disconnect between how we perceive criminal types and how they actually act. What we consider typical criminal behavior, like breaking into a person's house just because, rarely happens even in the criminal world. The real hardcore criminals deal drugs and get involved with turf wars, rather than go after random innocent civilians. Not to defend criminals, mind you, just pointing out that the perception that all criminals are a bunch of jerks harassing an innocent civilian populace is pretty unrealistic. When that kind of thing does happen, it's likely that the person involved is mentally unbalanced.

When my uncle moved to Arkansas, the cops bluntly told him, "Get a gun, because we're in the middle of no where and can't get to you in time."

Heck there are some towns where the police department isn't 24/7. You need to leave a voice mail and in the morning they'll deal with it.

And yes sounds like thug life, but I remember another shoot to kill for a guy that murdered someone sparked a mental disorder and or due process debate.

geo said:

And yes sounds like thug life, but I remember another shoot to kill for a guy that murdered someone sparked a mental disorder and or due process debate.

Maybe it's time for a Catch-22 in the legislation: "No sane man who could get a more favorable outcome at a trial on the grounds of mental disorder would pass the opportunity. But anyone able to manipulate a trial to such an end can not be mentaly insane".

Mind you, I want to make it clear I'm not against shooting someone who broke into your home, mentally unstable or not, just that most so-called "thugs" really aren't all that hardcore, or at least wouldn't resort to something so brazen - that random criminal acts like that really aren't a daily part of "thug" life. Maybe I'm being jaded and cynical, maybe it does happen, but in my experience, that's not really typical even for "thugs." Not to say that they're all really saints, just not the type to go out and start harassing random citizens. There are rules and targets for that kind of behavior, it's not just a free-for-all.

It's like... Well, it'd be like a Mafia guy deciding to rob a convenience store (and not as a shakedown for protection money). Obviously, when you're in the Mafia, you're leading a life of crime, but that doesn't mean the crime is random.