Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Sonic DOOM 2 Deathmatch (Very incomplete) sddmv1.wad

Download
Project Paused,or maybe canceled,but there's the Download link for Beta
http://www.filedropper.com/sddmb1
Introduction
Sonic DOOM2 Deathmatch "sddmv1.wad" is my Upcoming LevelPack.wad,it's still very incomplete:
http://im62.gulfup.com/M0wxx9.png
http://im62.gulfup.com/FD7paT.png
http://im62.gulfup.com/FN8WNc.png
Progress :
* Removed "DeHackED" Patch
* Completed 1 Level
* Imported some Custom Textures
* Removed Custom Weapons,Monsters Sprites
Credits
* Textures by "SSNTails"
* Music,Sprites,Sounds,Textures by "SEGA"
* Weapons Sprites by "3D Realms" Modified by me :3
Download
Project Paused,or maybe canceled,but there's the Download link for Beta

This should have been in Wads & Mods.
Nice textures, but they're not yours.
Design looks very bland. Just see the level's monochromatic blocky outline, flat floor and ceiling, utterly basic structures.
Too wide / open areas with hardly any possibility to take cover. That's by far not enough to make a fun DM.
3D floors? You mean that you'll limit this to Zandronum only? (other multiplayer ports don't support 3D floors)
Anyway, I recommend learning basics of good (DM) design before going crazy about features.

scifista42 said:

This should have been in Wads & Mods.
Design looks very bland. Just see the level's monochromatic blocky outline, flat floor and ceiling, utterly basic structures.
Too wide / open areas with hardly any possibility to take cover. That's by far not enough to make a fun DM.
3D floors? You mean that you'll limit this to Zandronum only? (other multiplayer ports don't support 3D floors)
Anyway, I recommend learning basics of good (DM) design before going crazy about features.

Now listen :
* I Know textures aren't mine,if i didn't find them, i wouldn't ever start working on this levelpack,but imma givin credits :O
* maps aren't wide open,i didn't take many screenshots of them,and as i said they're not complete yet
* You're right,i'll not use 3D Floors so that Levelpack should work with all Ports including Vanilla Port
EDIT : Thanks for your Opinions anyway :D any more ?

scifista42 said:

Sorry, I actually meant to say something like this:

"I like the textures. This appraise isn't really directed towards you, since I know that you didn't create them. But it'd be nice to see your levels featuring them!"

I didn't mean it like: "You texture robber, go away.", not at all. ;D

scifista42 said:

Sorry, I actually meant to say something like this:

"I like the textures. This appraise isn't really directed towards you, since I know that you didn't create them. But it'd be nice to see your levels featuring them!"

I didn't mean it like: "You texture robber, go away.", not at all. ;D

GHehe :P

This makes me think of Chex Quest. Nice "theme", still not that great and rather basic design.

scifista42 said:
basic design. [/B]

What part of "Classic style Deathmatch levels" Don't you understand :3,so yeah i also created some Crushers,Lifts for Chemical Plant,and also placed a Rocket launcher in Middle of map with some tricky stairs to make it harder to reach ....

I agree with most of what scifista says, and I'd like to help you out with some DM mapping basics.

If you provide me with a link your WAD, I can give much better feedback and assstance with design ideas and prinicples. It's nice to see something out of the ordinary though - Keep working on it!

Alright,but first let me just finish few things before releasing 1st beta,because i'm also designing a logo for MainMenu with Photoshop ,and i'm gonna modify Default weapons Sprites to make them looking like Sonic Weapons,and for Music i'm gonna Convert some of Classic Sonic MIDIs to DOOM MIDIs,for Maps designes i inspired most of them from MM8BDM,also there's no needs for jumping on Crouching in this mod ....

What i mean is,i don't wanna Rush,i'm still working on it,and it's still very incomplete,so i'm not gonna release the Levelpack yet,though i may Release a beta later i just wanted to know if you guys want to keep the same Gameplay ? ....

DMGUYDZ64 said:

What part of "Classic style Deathmatch levels" Don't you understand :3,so yeah i also created some Crushers,Lifts for Chemical Plant,and also placed a Rocket launcher in Middle of map with some tricky stairs to make it harder to reach ....

Classic isn't basic, dude.

joe-ilya said:

Classic isn't basic, dude.

Nevermind,what you're seeing in the screenshots isn't enough,i'm still working on the maps ...
EDIT : you don't really expect 3D Floors for this levelpack do you ? cause i want it to work with all Ports ...
EDIT 2 : Keep in mind that i'm making maps designed like Original Sonic games,however i inspired some of my Maps parts from other Previous Mods like Scyth 2,MM8BDM .... etc
EDIT 3 : Read my previous Post .

You could send me a private PM with your wad for some honest feedback and tips. I wouldn't send it to any others, and it could help you feel happier with your maps. Only if you want, of course.

I suggest building an entirely new palette, I can help you in this regard if you request it. I'd primarily try to copy the colors of the MD games and add extra shades where appropriate.

"After" actually looks literally putrid to me, not in a good way at all. I'd prefer the cheesy-ness of the former picture.

And why? Just because you can? That's not the best approach. There are already lots of obscure "random-content-thrown-together" wads, if you asked me.

Here's what i'm going to do :
1st i'll Cut Doomguy's hands from Default Sprites with Photoshop
2nd i'll Cut Duke's Beach weapons after exporting them with "EditArt"
3rd i'll merge them Using Photoshop "Again"

Project Canceled "Didn't really get time to work on it",i only finished 1 level,then i didn't get time to work on any of other,also map will only work with ZDoom,GZDoom and Zandronum ....
Changes :
1-New HUDs
2-Changed Jump height
3-Replaced all Player sprites with Sonic sprites,and Crouch sprites with Spinning sprites .....
4-Replaced all weapons sprites with others from Duke Nukem 3D Caribbean life's a beach
Screenshots :

Well, this is certainly interesting. Reminds me of MM8BDM somehow.

You should keep working on this. That latest screen looks cool, and I just like the theme overall.

Doomkid said:

You should keep working on this. That latest screen looks cool, and I just like the theme overall.

Glad you liked it,a download link is provided btw ...