Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hoodie

Lower Unpegging of doors

I know this is idiotic...

What does lower unpegging of doors even do?

It doesn't seem to change anything at all.

If you lower-unpeg the door's sides, their texture won't go up while the door is opening.

Technically, lower-unpegging affects the linedef's lower AND middle textures only - middle texture will be rendered from the bottom instead of from the top, and lower texture will be offset according to the sector's ceiling instead of the back sector's floor. Upper-unpegging affects upper textures only - upper texture will (again) be offset from the sector's ceiling instead of the back sector's ceiling.

So when people tell me I didn't peg doors, they mean the sides?

I thought it looked better moving...

when they say you dont peg your doors they mean the textures on the sides of the doors (when you open the doors) because when the door opens the textures that its on the side of the doors moves when the doors open, so you must set them with "lower" peg property so when the door open the textures on the sides dont move when you use the door ;)

Hoodie said:

I thought it looked better moving...

Some people feel this way, but all the doors in the IWADs have unpegged sides, so, that's kinda what's been seen as "the norm" for doors.

Definitely starting to get popular to have part of the sides of elevators unpegged, though, to create a sort of 'moving track' effect.