Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Possible fresh coat of paint for the wiki

What's your opinion?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• Go for it.
    • It blows goats, keep what's there already.

We're considering changing themes for the default Monaco skin to make it look something like the below picture. Feedback please.

For me it looks better blue 'cause its the same color scheme of Doomworld, so it makes sense to change it. Also, it looks awesome.

It's still Monaco so I still hate it unconditionally, but I hate it less than the current Monaco skin. :p

A skin change like this gets a definite upvote from me.

Sodaholic said:

I like it. It'd be nice if you ditched Monaco, but I like these new page assets regardless.

Vector and Monobook are also available for individual users.

It's actually already done.
For consistency, I've changed the red and brown headers on the main page . Not sure if maybe Template:HeadingA is a shade too bright.

Quite nice. Not only is the blue soothing and much easier on the eyes, but it creates a nice contrast with Hissy and the logo, making them pop out a bit more.

This also means that my WOOO playthrough does preserve DoomWiki in some fashion, if only just an early design [drooling smiley].

Hmmm, actually the blue color theme looks a bit... I dunno, makes me think like I'm on a medicine website or something? The red color was more Doom-like.

It still looks a lot like the old theme, but the change in color does help. Although the heading background colors ("About DoomWiki.org") don't match the rest of the theme. They should be a shade of blue instead of the purple\lilac they are now.

ducon said:

I’d like a dark theme, something like Doomworld.

I agree, it seems odd taking inspiration from Doomworld's theme without taking its most operative feature, light text on a dark background.

The Odawiki used to have a skin matching the main Odasite, at some point though it was lost and now it looks like a fresh MediaWiki install.