Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

Raymoohawk's sprite edits

hey guys eriance agreed to relicensing the stuff we include, but se still need to check wich of the stuff is completly original, i have a difficult time telling (i had embarrisingly asked vader to submit his terminator and only realized my mistake until i compared his spirtes with barons) so could someone check them out, theres some cool looking weapons and spheres, some have uac logo, but shouldnt be too difficult to remove

raymoohawk said:

the bunny dogs were meant for sourceeports that have dogs like mbf or prboom, but theres no way my bunny looking thing would be a worthy replacement

Nah, I like it. Maybe explicitly turn them into rabbits?

raymoohawk said:

after seeing the dissapointment of fraggle at the worm dog i tried to make a dog sprite... then i epic failed

Hahaha, that's excellent.

Reminds me of this:

I kind of wonder if anyone on Doomworld just has a dog that could be photographed to be turned into sprites. Although, digitising photographs into sprites is difficult and actually taking the photos might also be hard.

I'd be in favour of including a set of free dog sprites in Freedoom to replace the non-free MBF ones (and also lobbying ports like PrBoom+ to include them). But it's certainly not the most important set of sprites that Freedoom needs :)

hey guys the argument for the brown eliminator was to make it easy to tranlate colors in mods, makes sense to me, but i was reviewing the monsters earlier and too many are brown, waht do you guys think?

okay, here are the eriance resources, this was done by eriance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kngh8taql72ajr7/DE%20STUFF.rar?dl=0

i think i removed all the stuff that was derived, but im not sure, someone check please (the doom guy hands are still attached to the weapons, but it shouldnt be too difficult to swap them for freedoom guys) theres some really cool stuff including a double barreled rocket launcher (remember the cyberdemon problem?)

more polishing on this guy

the tantacles look crappy ill give them a better pose like in the first frame i showed later

for some reason i completly forgot about the caco, thinking i had finished it. so ive started working on the pain and death

Oh good, I was wondering why you stopped working on FDcaco

esselfortium said:

Dancing adorably! :D

time for a virtual pet spin off :p

hey guys hope im not being paranoid, but what do you guys think about what sargentmarkiv is doing, bundling freedoom with brutal doom for the next release, if that pisses off zenimax (sarge is repackeging all the doom spirtes just like btsx did eliminating the need for the official iwads) could that hurt freedoom?

its on the brutal doom facebook, now to clarify what he intends to do is put together what he calls the brutal doom pack or something, it would include gzdoom with the freedoom iwad and brutal doom pwad. some people already comented that there could be copyright issues because he included all the doom sprites, and he cited the btsx example, but btsx doesnt come prepackeged with a sourceport and playable iwad

Yeah, BTSX is meant to be played with the Doom IWADs, not with Freedoom, and it only repackages the sprite because of palette issues.

Are there any backup files with Photoshop?

Does the size of the ps file seem consistent, or is it far too small?

I agree with esselfortium on how those keys look. If the player is going to be searching for keys, the keys need to look like something to ALL players.

That doom used the keycard appearance. The first time that I played that Doom I had trouble finding the Doom Keys because of the keycard graphics they used. Making one that is blurry or a different shape blob does not help.

That edge connector on the key was a dated tech idea even when it came out in the 90's. The only keycards I can remember that had such a connector were some SAC nuclear weapons keycards. They were NOT used for opening doors. There are not many players who are going to recognize such a shape as anything important.

There is the skeleton key appearance. That is easily recognizable.
Not very high tech.

There is a need here for a new KEY idea that is not a keycard blob, nor a skeleton key. A car key shape was used on a different game, and is not very appealing. I can't see a car key fob as working very well here.

An ID card that can open doors. Has a user pic and digital stuff.
Only needs the familiar rectangle shape and a human shaped pic in the corner to be recognizable.

Some kind of pass card. Has a color and a security level printed on it. RED with "SECURITY" on it. YELLOW with "PRIVATE" on it. BLUE with "LAB 14" on it. It could have some swipe stripe on it. Even though that tech is currently on the decline, it is recognizable.

The key could be white, with a level clearance, and a color stripe.
Key "L-1", with BLUE stripe.
Key "L-2", with YELLOW stripe.
Key "L-3", with RED stripe.

Could make these even with low res graphics.
Key "LAB" with BLUE stripe.
Key "PRIV" with YELLOW stripe.
key "SEC" with RED stripe.

i have finished the cacodemon, but dont get excited a lot of the frames are awful, right now i have a very tight schedule, so ill focus on putting the other monsters together and polish out the slopinness once vacations arrive

wesley i like the idea of the keycards, but i still think we should add the skulls, they are well done