Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Misc. Stuff

My level's had some trouble building nodes correctly, and I was wondering, what's the best availible node builder and where can I get it?

Also, what the hell does "Reject" mean?

others will disagree, but i think BSP is the best.

reject is a table that, sector by sector, tells if either a monster will never be able to see you from that sector to this sector, or if a monster might be able to see you from that sector to this sector (in which case the more processor intensive line of sight calculation is done). an optimized reject can be built by a reject builder.

BSP is good, but it cannot handle ZDooM format maps. My level editor in XWE uses ZenNode. ZenNode is free, fast, simple and solid. It also builds reject maps.

Tarin: thanks for clearing that up. No one seemed to know this a few months ago, when bumped into the problem of not being able to compile ZDooM maps with BSP and I posted a question here. Off topic: Any ideas on why "search forum" doesn't work? This feature would be very useful.

Personally I'd say use Zennode but BSP is nice too.

Csabo said:

Off topic: Any ideas on why "search forum" doesn't work? This feature would be very useful.

Only mods can search the forum.

What's the reason for that? The regular forum users can still "manually search" by using showthread.php and manually entering the threadid, but that's pretty much useless. I can't imagine why the webmasters decided to turn this function off. This prevents people from looking up threads on a particular subject, so the same questions are posted over and over again.

The forum is a valuable knowledge base. If it's already here and already publicly accessible, why not let people search it?

I'm curious why the original Doom BSP program didn't make good reject maps in the first place...