Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gatewatcher

Help me i'm dumb

I'm a long time doomer, but that only applies to single player :(
I wanna play some DM, so where do i get started? wich is a good port, where are the servers etc.
Don't laugh at me...

We need to make an informative newbies to Doom deathmatch guide for beginners.

But would people read it?
Just slightly lower down are titles:

Newbie here has ?'s and needs help

internet play?:

:)

thanks for the info. i never realy got into doom multiplayer because when i first played doom, i was too young to even understand how to install it :\ then when i was older i just never realy had the desire to play doom MP cuz there was quake, half-life, etc. but i just played doom DM and it was awesome :)

well welcome to multiplayer anyway... i still played doom and different add-ons and wads ever since i have had doom :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of doom deathmatching and dont forget coop, gatester. Doom pisses on all those other pretenders from a great height.

Happy fragging Gatester ;-)

999cop said:

We need to make an informative newbies to Doom deathmatch guide for beginners.

If I ever get round to writing the rest of my new site, there'll be a short guide to online Dooming, but that'll probably just mention csDoom, ZDaemon, IDE and Doom Connector. Is there another web page that briefly explains what to do, so someone could just paste in the URL whenever someone asks about it?

Fluffy Tedster said:

Doom pisses on all those other pretenders from a great height.

True! I've played Quake II demo DMs and, during the last few days, I've been playing all the little Half-Life mods that most Counter-Strike players don't even know exist (like DM Classic, which is similar to Doom DM), but even though other games have better weapons, better graphics, etc., for some reason, I still feel that nothing can compare to DooM - I don't know why, but it still seems to be the best. It must be the atmosphere online.

Well, when i have build my new website, i will make a tutorial for newbies to online dooming (i don't hope, i am too lazy for it)
Because we really need some more players... :D

Yeah, I agree. I'll do that same, but I doubt it could possibly make a difference.